ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 420

Ever wonder how "420" was started. As mentioned in Time Magazine:

In 1971, five students at San Rafael High School in California would meet at 4:20 p.m. by the campus’ statue of chemist Louis Pasteur to partake. This group became known as the "Waldos" because they met at a wall. They would say “420” to each other as code for marijuana. The group challenged each other to find ever-more-interesting things to do under the influence, calling their adventures “safaris.”

One of the guys in the group got work with the Grateful Dead as a roadie, so the band is said to have helped popularize the term “420.” In 1990, a group of Deadheads in Oakland handed out flyers that invited people to smoke “420” on April 20 at 4:20 p.m. One ended up with Steve Bloom, a former reporter for High Times magazine, an authority on cannabis culture. The magazine printed the flyer in 1991 and continued to reference the number. Soon, it became known worldwide as code for marijuana. In 1998, the outlet acknowledged that the “Waldos” were the inventors of 420.
I can’t confirm, or deny this.

tumblr_inline_mkh9hh8Pu11qz4rgp.gif

Just got back from Vegas last week. Gummy, vape or liquid? I can't decide.
Depends on what you want. Long slow body buzz, gum/liquid. Quick head change flower/vape.

One is not perfect but with their powers combined I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

I usually go the “normal” route:
-Sativa Mornings:flower,
-Hybrid Afternoons: sativa leaning flower or vape,
-Indica Nights:combo liquid & flower indica night.

I don’t mind people doing it all but over 30 and celebrating 4/20 is a little suspect lol. I mean don’t you smoke daily? It’s like celebrating Christmas but giving presents to your family every day lol.

I thought as kids it was cool because it was sneaky and we smoked extra amount of weed and not all the parents new what it was and it was illegal, etc.

Now I walk to the store on my morning dog stroll, pick up a couple “dog walker” pre-rolls like it’s OJ at Publix and go on about my walk getting lifted.

But feel free to enjoy 4/20, just my feeling.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
You are missing the heightening of the senses and the mellowing quality of a good high from some really clean weed. Food and music are clearly enhanced, along with sex. With a proper buzz, you will be imminently more tactile and romantic ... climaxing is definitely enhanced, to the point that you may feel like a flock of birds has exited your rear at orgasm.
Clearly, the effects vary for folks and the quality and strain of the cannabis makes a huge difference. If you ever try it, I suggest having some sweets and pastries around ... pop tarts, if nothing else. :)
I tried a few times. The biggest thing for me was the extension of time. A 5 minute ride in a car felt like 30 minutes

I tried a few times. The biggest thing for me was the extension of time. A 5 minute ride in a car felt like 30 minutes
That doesn’t last. Neither does the paranoia and whatnot for the most part. Overthinking can be a LOT on certain strands no matter how much you smoke.

But, I think those thoughts you don’t like that it makes you think about, are one of the benefits of it.

Oh you procrastinated all day today and now you got stoned before bed and can’t stop thinking how you should’ve done more today? GOOD! You SHOULDVE! It’s helping you.

Did you say something that might’ve come off wrong earlier in the day to your co-worker? GOOD! Now make an effort to think about what you say more often.

That in a million circumstances is so beneficial. You consciously think about little things you would’ve never reconsidered.

Shit, I get stoned before the gym and bjj. Makes you feel every muscle and tendon, think of weight placement, body positioning/alignment, etc.

Getting stoned before reading is a different world as well. A bike ride is more colorful, leaves fluttering in the wind are louder, music titillating your ears as a breeze blows across your back means more… it’s a cool substance if it’s for you and you partake without being lazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT