ADVERTISEMENT

Hamdan 3 yr contract being finalized by agent/UK today

Homerun hire. Somehow Stoops managed to find a guy more eloquent, more enthusiastic and more personable than even Liam Coen. And I think this guy runs a somewhat similar offense, but tweaks it to better fit the college game/personnel he has. He is more flexible.

I know he might not be the flashy name some people preferred, but I think this guy is the best man for the job.

Good interview on YouTube as Kentuckys OC.
Wants players comfortable, 80% no huddle. Pace determined by opponent. Everything starts with the line. Like the qb room, excited with the receivers. Wants a strong run game.

Well, it's his now. We see what we see.
I interpret pace being determined by the opponent to mean when we face a more up tempo fast paced team like UT we will want to do everything we can to slow the game down and keep their offense off the field. That's a game where we will see us using as much of the clock as possible and grinding it out.

I interpret pace being determined by the opponent to mean when we face a more up tempo fast paced team like UT we will want to do everything we can to slow the game down and keep their offense off the field. That's a game where we will see us using as much of the clock as possible and grinding it out.
I would think it is equally, if not more, determined by their defensive personnel (on the team and/or on the field). Tempo means they can't substitute and if you are playing a team that loves to substitute, then you run tempo more than a team that sticks in base like UGA, for example.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Available and willing to come here are two different things. Was Hamden choice A all along or was he choice B, C, D? will we ever know? Were Rees and Faulkner approached first?
My gut says he was choice A since it came down to him and Coen the first time around. Clearly stoops likes the guy and has kept him in mind

The only way he was 1B imo is if Faulkner was the preferred option strictly due to familiarity w our QB and the Vandergrift had a say.

Main thing I liked was his focus on personnel dictates the offense. That's crucial. Liked his focus on simplification of NFL concepts. I like the tempo remarks.

Not a fan of him being almost exclusively no huddle. Also not a fan of him being mostly pistol, even though that wasn't discussed. Our best selling case to portal/hs QBs will be to come be coached by an NFL QB guy. No huddle and pistol won't make that point.
He said he tries to be about 60% no huddle. I'm exclusive to my wife and if I was only banging her 60% of the time, she'd not be agreeing with your interpretation of the meaning of that word.

Main thing I liked was his focus on personnel dictates the offense. That's crucial. Liked his focus on simplification of NFL concepts. I like the tempo remarks.

Not a fan of him being almost exclusively no huddle. Also not a fan of him being mostly pistol, even though that wasn't discussed. Our best selling case to portal/hs QBs will be to come be coached by an NFL QB guy. No huddle and pistol won't make that point.
this is from 2021
it is close to even in the NFL

this is from 2021
it is close to even in the NFL

That's great but is also irrelevant. The last few QB transfers we got were because they wanted to play in a prostyle system for an NFL guy with a focus on being under center.

If we're mainly pistol, we're losing that selling point.

Reactions: K_TIME
I thought it interesting that he spoke about the OL, the QB room, the NFL caliber WRs, and the fast TEs, but did not mention the RBs. In fact, when expressly asked about that omission, he said he needed more time to review and then talked generally about UK’s rep and tradition of being a tough team. He did not want to talk about RBs, it appears.

Let the imaginations run wild!!!

I wonder if there is a high caliber RB out there that might one day want to come to UK and play in Hamden’s offense. Hhhhhhmmmmmmm.

I thought it interesting that he spoke about the OL, the QB room, the NFL caliber WRs, and the fast TEs, but did not mention the RBs. In fact, when expressly asked about that omission, he said he needed more time to review and then talked generally about UK’s rep and tradition of being a tough team. He did not want to talk about RBs, it appears.

I wonder if there is a high caliber RB out there that might one day want to come to UK and play in Hamden’s offense. Hhhhhhmmmmmmm.
Wonder if any BSU players would want to follow Hamden to UK?

considering it shows about half the time NFL teams go no-huddle i would say it is relevant.

The last three major QB transfers we got all cited the desire to play in an NFL offense. The previous two cited a desire to play under center. The last one came from an offense under center and would've never transferred to a non pro style offense.

Spin it however you want, if we don't consistently go under center, we lose a big selling point to portal qbs

RBs are my concern. Doesn't mean it won't/can't be good only that it's largely a very inexperienced bunch. That's why I was hoping UK could land the RB who went to U6, Peny Boone. Wouldn't at all be surprised if UK doesn't try to bring in another transfer.

Basically, he prefers a "non-huddle operation" and we will probably be no huddle around 60% of the time. He prefers to work from the booth and will do so here. I like the guy and hope he makes a big difference !!
A guy who says "No Huddle", "Fit the personsel" and "QB got to run and pick up a couple of first downs a game" has a head start in the good column for me.

The last three major QB transfers we got all cited the desire to play in an NFL offense. The previous two cited a desire to play under center. The last one came from an offense under center and would've never transferred to a non pro style offense.

Spin it however you want, if we don't consistently go under center, we lose a big selling point to portal qbs
In the past we weren't able to get High Level QB's here because of the lack of receivers and our penchant to be more run oriented, at least in appearance. Now that we have a high level group of receivers and an offense that emphasizes the pass more than it used to, we have a better shot at high level QB's. We need to get the QB's that best fit the system and helps UK win first and foremost, not the QB with the best path to the NFL. But all of that is moot. If Hamden stays beyond the two years we hope to get from Vandagriff, it's icing on the cake.

Im even more impress after the interview. I Youtube searched the Boise 2023 offense. This was a strong downfield attach, use of TightEnd (all have been calling for it) and very good ground game.
The real question is the outside zone blocking which will depend on the RBS

I saw the lhl has a story up about contract details including salary and buyout. I'm curious about that info but don't have the sub. Anyone have a sub or see those numbers elsewhere?

Good contract on both sides. Only the very richest of programs would pay that buyout to get him as their OC. And tgey would only do that if he were putting up top 15 offensive numbers here. And Boise couldn't swing that to hire him away as their HC probably.

Nothing is going to change. Stoops can’t keep his fat pudgy fingers off the offense. What is this, six OCs in his tenure?

Good contract on both sides. Only the very richest of programs would pay that buyout to get him as their OC. And tgey would only do that if he were putting up top 15 offensive numbers here. And Boise couldn't swing that to hire him away as their HC probably.
And gives us some financial flexibility for staff retention, recruiting budget, etc vs the last OCs salary.

Reactions: JHB4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT