ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we discussed the UL cheerleader that worked for the Trump admin? Leftist women will certainly try to cancel her.

a776ee8e982b09e5c4f55c0ed5b6ac62.jpg

EqF06wmXcAAqhfs.jpg

494958fe2489d6b94d95a3ae0dcfbd3d.jpg

Almost all of those dudes at the end of their "heyday." Good coach, but I don't think of him as a HOFer at all.
He won two Super Bowls and had more wins than HOF John Madden and Jimmy Johnson. He won a Super Bowl as a player, assistant coach, and Head Coach. First Hispanic QB in NFL History and first minority Head Coach in NFL History.

Put him in.

Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. – President Trump granted a full pardon to Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., also known as “Lil Wayne.” Mr. Carter pled guilty to possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon, owing to a conviction over 10 years ago. Brett Berish of Sovereign Brands, who supports a pardon for Mr. Carter, describes him as “trustworthy, kind-hearted and generous.” Mr. Carter has exhibited this generosity through commitment to a variety of charities, including donations to research hospitals and a host of foodbanks. Deion Sanders, who also wrote in support of this pardon, calls Mr. Wayne “a provider for his family, a friend to many, a man of faith, a natural giver to the less fortunate, a waymaker, [and] a game changer.”

• Haha
Reactions: pretzel__logic
He won two Super Bowls and had more wins than HOF John Madden and Jimmy Johnson. He won a Super Bowl as a player, assistant coach, and Head Coach. First Hispanic QB in NFL History and first minority Head Coach in NFL History.

Put him in.

Yeah - he’s kind of an overlooked coach

I think he knew how to use the teams be had well ...I want to say his early raiders teams had some older /madden players llle Cliff Branch Mark VanEagen and Ted Hendrix ....Then he drafted guys like Marcus Allen ,& Todd Christensen

He had a Tough division that featured strong San Diego teams with their air attack and The emergence of Elway at Denver

I had a love/hate thing going on back then with the Raiders

Reactions: cawoodsct
What a birthday for Brooksie today. Gets to see the country heal with the snap of a finger.

Hopefully he gets a UK win as well

- Nate Oats isn't "ready", but even in his short time as HC, his programs have gotten better each year, his style is obviously fun to play/watch, and he's already recruiting at a pretty high level (two 4-stars and a 5-star this year). He's also missing the best young big in his program (Tchikou). Pretty cool story to see from a guy who was teaching HS less than a decade ago. I'm a fan.

- Phillip Rivers is one of those guys whose career will only grow more appreciated over time. The fact that he was buried on the West Coast for most of his career means he won't get the acclaim he deserves, but top 5 in passing yards and touchdowns, and 242 consecutive starts. Plus, he still (I think) drives a 2008 F-250 and has done some cool stuff in order to spend quality time with his nine(!) kids. He's already a HOF'er obviously, but he's still underrated, if that's possible.

- The trajectories of "Parks and Rec" and "The Office" are eerily opposite for two shows that were spearheaded by some of the same people. "Parks" was bad early on and steadily got better, and "The Office" went in the complete opposite direction.

- Weirdly excited about my new office wall calendar. Fresh start, clean slate, ATKOT.

- So what do we do at noon? #Unity? Or #RESIST? I get so confused.

Remember when Jeff Van Gundys car got blown up by a jet engine, and it was revealed the head coach of the Knicks drove a ‘95 Honda Civic?

That was funny.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Parks definitely has a slow first season, but it's a better show. You're just not allowed to say that because The Office is a personality trait in the same way that people think putting bacon on everything is an improvement.

Parks has better characters, better plot, and a wider range of funny moments.

^Now that I've gone back and watched both in their entirety again (I'm still in season 7 with "Office", but I'm stopping after Michael Scott leaves), I'm inclined to agree.

Office had more killer episodes, but Parks was more consistently funny the whole way through (after season one). There are some really unfunny Office episodes later on.

Parks definitely has a slow first season, but it's a better show. You're just not allowed to say that because The Office is a personality trait in the same way that people think putting bacon on everything is an improvement.

Parks has better characters, better plot, and a wider range of funny moments.

I go back and forth. Depends on the week which I like more and feel is better.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
The Office fans who discovered it by binging on Netflix have a really weird obsession with the show. I know people who have watched the entire series 5 or 6 times.

I watched seasons 1-7 on NBC as they aired and it was one of my favorite shows but nothing is worth that much of my time.

* I can confirm the common cold is alive and well, Covid didn't kill that like it did the flu. When that hits I revert back to what worked as a kid - basic bitch Campbells chicken noodle with a healthy shot of saltines, ginger ale and a grilled cheese. Wash, rinse and repeat until on the mend.

* All the best to POTUS 46. This country really needs to come together and start mending fences. Here's hoping he and his administration start us down that path.

* I'd have to think Cal would dry heave if he looked at the Crimson Tides shot chart. And then make some bullshit excuse why that's not sustainable and stick with his multi-big lineup.

* On that point, the fact we're having to argue over how our roster is constructed, staff is picked/kept and antiquated offense needing a facelift is flat out depressing. Never would have thought with how his tenure started we'd be pulling our hair out over such basic core competencies.

* Net/net - go small, play Allen 30, ensure most all return or pound sand.

* Props to KHSAA for resuming winter sports. Should really even warrant a vote, as we saw no negative impact from fall sports.

* There is nothing more perfect for the absurd end of Donald Trump's presidency than issuing pardons to Weezy and Kodak Black. 🤣 Except perhaps...Joe Exotic getting a limo ready in anticipation of a pardon he didn't get. Tremendous. This was a nice touch too:

What a time to be alive. (If you need a pick me up from covid-related sadness, the Barstool Fund videos are excellent.)

* That UL cheerleader looks like she was created in a factory from a plastic mold of Ivanka.

* From a character development standpoint: Parks > Office. But if I'm picking the show with more gut-buster moments, Office > Parks. (Love both and will defend any attacks on Ron Swanson/Duke Silver to the death.)

* Bring on Nate Oats.

* If you want to delve into exactly what a disgusting piece of human excrement War Machine is, I recommend Crime in Sports: #206 - A Fiend For Violence - The Savageness of War Machine AKA Jonathan Koppenhaver

* I have been delving into the history of the hardcore/metal scene I grew up in via podcasts and youtube videos, and I think I understand how @rudd1 feels now when he talks about music in here. Viva Tooth and Nail Records.

-Parks, 30 Rock, Community, Office. Office was several seasons too long.

-Agree with Bonz, cheers to the Biden Administration. Let's see what you got. Boring would be welcomed.

-When we're this bad, I just don't have it in me to watch other games. Probably haven't watched 10 minutes of a non-UK game this season. Have no idea who's ranked where.

-Should get a little sneak peak of early spring next couple days. 47 and sunny tomorrow will probably feel like 70.

-Few trips in the queue now, can't tell you what that does for my mental health. Something, anything out there to look forward to is enough.

-Samsung earbuds were a really solid upgrade. Plus they just look better than the Apple ones.

-Big shout out to the JCPS and FCPS. Great work, folks. Let's circle back in a few weeks to crush the families once again. One thing to keep schools closed, but this constant build up hope, rug snatch has to be mentally exhausting. Some HS kids are going to miss 40% of their High School Experience. That's insane.

-Weezy F got his card. That's all that matters to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT