ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-coa at uk is 23k per year. 23k for a state school...and it only goes up from there. This is why people invest in travel squads for their kids, gang.

-a good pipefitter/hvac guy/electrician/carpenter can easily pull in 50-75k plus benefitseby the time they are 30.
30? Shit. 22 or 23 if they're smart, hard working and show up on time most days. Especially the 50k range.

NmExNWQ0Mjc3OWQ5ZGZiN2JkZTU0YzM2NWYzOTQ2MWXix0f43ghnypYOPu27JGVAaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZGI2ZjEzNTI1Mjc5YzRmZWZkZDA5M2MwOWJlMTAxYzcwMDQ4MjYzNWI4ZTY0ZDVjMzZkNjVhYmVhYmRjZWE0OC5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

(not an actual but pretty much)
Oh, people actually use the stand?

How.... gauche.

Reactions: rudd1 and SAECATFAN
-Most of us are like that. Bob and I in particular, indulge on certain wasteful items and pinch pennies on others. Mine have changed a lot over the years. I mean, first thing I thought of when I broke my collar, "I'll just wait for the wife to drive 20 minutes to get me so I don't spend $1000 on an ambulance."

-I know it's not some Russian hacker reddit Chase Card Fraud OLED TV but just bought 3 large 4k TVs for like $1600. The 55" TCL Roku is great at $400. Not a gamer or movie buff so I can't tell any difference.

This heavy sonuvabitch was a stalwart throughout my college years and beyond. I would probably still have it in the guest bedroom or something if my wife hadn't forced me to leave it behind.

x257AV27F702-F_MT.jpeg

Reactions: GrandePdre
I have (2) of those tcl tv’s. My kids watch people play claw machine games on them. Unreal value

5a4292b7699be4bb53000001.jpeg

I’m glad that fat mfer took the Wisconsin loss harder than I did, because that loss sucked and I’ll never ever forget it.

-Sounds stupid but I don’t know what people think is good, reasonable money these days. A good project manager can make 60-90 and a good estimator/salesman could go 110K. This requires them to bust their ass of course and crush it. Seems like most people want 50 just to be a warm body.

-All of our furniture except for a leather sectional and 2 couches are hand me downs. Free furniture is the best furniture.

-daughter turns 11 this weekend. Her party theme is The Simpson’s. She started watching it this spring and it has been on the TV non-stop all summer.

-perfect weekend ahead weather wise. Brisket, pork butt on the smoker. Might toss on some wings and jalapeños.

I have to go to a pool party with a group of complete strangers tomorrow on a beautiful Saturday, complete strangers to both me and my wife. The people that invited us have a nanny that is friends with our nanny and have invited us to things before for some reason and we always say no so my wife feels obligated to go so we don’t seem rude. :flush: I seriously want to kill her.
I've actually made myself puke multiple times during the day to build a case for being too sick. It takes some planning, but it works.

Wife goes out even though I'm "sick" and I actually get brownie points because I encourage her to go have fun.

The key to this working is to not ever say you don't want to go. If you complain, it's too late. She won't believe you.

Hanging out with the team is pretty fun. Memories for a lifetime. And I vividly remember every Spring Break baseball trip I went on 3 times to Florida.
Yeah, 4 trips to the Valley Invitational Tournament was a real highlight for me. 30 degree weather on a track where the center fielder would disappear if he played too deep due to the slope in the outfield.

Did do Apopka, FL a couple summers. That was fun.

-Sounds stupid but I don’t know what people think is good, reasonable money these days. A good project manager can make 60-90 and a good estimator/salesman could go 110K. This requires them to bust their ass of course and crush it. Seems like most people want 50 just to be a warm body.

Rack

I've actually made myself puke multiple times during the day to build a case for being too sick. It takes some planning, but it works.

Wife goes out even though I'm "sick" and I actually get brownie points because I encourage her to go have fun.

The key to this working is to not ever say you don't want to go. If you complain, it's too late. She won't believe you.
That's next level dedication. Bravo, Bern.

Late night post. It's been said a bunch of times by others on here, and I'll reiterate-- Anth's outfit is 1st Class all the way. Went above and beyond on our aging A/C unit, and now my stubborn-assed wife is on board with what I've been telling her. Call no one else.

-- Birthday next week. Thinking Jean Farris one night and Jeff Ruby's next weekend.

-- Have to go to manufacturer training for 3 days some time before the end of the year. Was able to arrange for a it to be in Minneapolis on my wife's birthday so that she could tag along. So, I get to be in a classroom for 3 days while she gets her Prince fix and peruse the Mall of America. #goodhusband

-- Crazy Tony Gwynn stat-- in the strike-shortened 1994 season when he hit .394, he had a .397 batting average with 2 strikes. :eek:

-- Really enjoying Mark Story's countdown to the 50 Greatest Wins in UK History, although I'm not sure how beating Utah in the '98 Title Game isn't greater than the '11 team's upset of Ohio State.

-- Binge watching The Sopranos. Still addicting.

My TCL/Roku went wack within the first 2 weeks. Replaced under warranty after a hassle, now the replacement is going out (expired warranty :eek:) but glad you guys like yours...

Notes from Ouray, Colorado.....

* they call this place "the switzerland of america" for a damn good reason.

* if you wanted to watch a small dot barely moving across a map, you could do so here...

https://ouray100-2018.maprogress.com/

(race starts and finishes at 12pm mst today to sunday)

* had dinner with an old high school friend yesterday, who was in town visiting her parents. great to reminisce on old times.

* friendly reminder on how NOT to spend nearly $30k/year to send your child to a tier 3 land grant institution:

$10,000/year for tuition
+
$500/month to your child for rent/utilities
+
they get a job to cover the rest

And, voila. Just like that, You've saved yourself $50,000 over their college career.

* need to locate the finest dispensary in order to bring home gifts for co-workers, friends, clients, etc. gummies, anyone?

* currently eating breakfast in a new orleans-themed restaurant while they blast old school country tunes over the airwaves. feels like home.

* 25,000 feet of climb. average altitude ~ 10,000 feet. yowzas.

* don't need a 4k tv at the top of imogene pass......yet.

* i'll be off the grid for the next day, so don't spoil any blockbuster trades my cincinnati reds make over the weekend. [eyeroll][eyeroll]

Are those guaranteed contracts? First round is but don't think those are. I hope they make the full amount but I wouldn't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT