ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Hope you have a nice little ride tonight, Anth...

So a company who would give you money for a movie ticket every day of the month if you requested it and only charged you $10 has run out a money.

Did anyone get use out of MoviePass before their inevitable death?

My God, Cole truly is the absolute worst.

[sick]

If you can't stop yourself from posting about politics, just don't post.

Better yet, just don't post--period. TIA.

Did anyone get use out of MoviePass before their inevitable death?

Got more than my money's worth at this point, but it's definitely crashing and burning. Their implementation of peak pricing is pretty insulting to their customers. Every showing at my theater other than a random 10:30 a.m. movie is listed as having peak pricing. An extra $5 for a ticket is reasonable for true peak pricing, but they've clearly just labeled every movie and every showing as peak pricing.

-VA/NC is filled with D3/NAIA schools. Pretty sure like 12 guys off our Sr baseball team went to play at one. I think they will take anyone who has played just to field a team.
-Last few days been hell trying to do the identity protect/CC fraud thing, BUT looking back through pages here I was having more fun. Maybe a youth sports thread would be appropriate.
-Had to take a break from the Scotch for awhile. Was starting to love it way too much. Back to the ole trusty Lite domestico. Just got to find the right stogie to pair with beer again, got seven 5-pack samplers delivered today.
-And to make it perfectly clear, Softball Guy is the absolute worst human on the planet.

- PTI’s point can be spread to anyone who attends a private university.

“Yeah, I went to Xavier on scholarship.”

...and still spent $20,000 more per year than me at Land Grant U.

- Speaking of - so cousin whose daughter is going into her senior year at Highlands tells me UK is a cool $27grrr per year altogether these days.

Yes he did. He always would get walks, or HBP, or ground outs/pop outs.

Had a kid on my Little League team back in the day when we wore Bob’s Pizza Shops t-shirts, stirrups over our socks, curved the shit out of our bills, and chewed Big League who was probably 5’0” 250. Dude couldn’t hit for shit but always got beaned.

His OBP was probably .750 but his BA was closer to .100. He also ruined the end of season Pizza Hut party because his fatass ate most of the pizza and hogged the Space Invaders arcade game.

He died a couple years ago of congestive heart failure, if I remember correctly.

- Speaking of - so cousin whose daughter is going into her senior year at Highlands tells me UK is a cool $27grrr per year altogether these days.

Tution is "only" around 10k. The rest of that is the new state of the art 4br/4b dorms that have living rooms and kitchens and a meal plan that includes Starbucks and sushi.

Reactions: Century Cat
K1 for 3 weeks. House had 1 room open so I moved in as a pledge and GTFO of the dorm.

I'm not sure that living in a joint that might be nicer than any home they'll ever own is a good thing for these kids.
When we all abandon the rural wastelands for the MEGACITIES built after the coming nuclear/climate change apocalypse we’ll all basically live in dorms anyway so might as well get used to it.

Reactions: rudd1
Formica, SAE? That's not very GYERO of you. At least you got out.

You'd be surprised to learn everything we don't give a shit about, frankly. New house countertops are some kind of tile deal that we lose no sleep over. (Our friends still like us, too!) Same for the 12 year old television and beater cars with 200K miles on each. None of that stuff matters to us.

Don't get me wrong, we have some expensive indulgences, but *generally* they're reserved to things like clothing and ability to actually do things like eat well, travel, etc. And we bought in a pretty nice neighborhood, which is something we decided to perhaps stretch for because that was important for us with raising the family.

Last edited:
What’s the go to foreign country traveling recommendation, book it all yourself (before or when you get there) or pay someone else to handle that jazz?

I haven’t traveled abroad in over a decade.

SAE watching games on this thing?

31zQYxzwmzL.jpg

Even if you don't care, throw $600-800 at a new 55 inch TV, you'll probably like it.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Nearly all of the 20-something snowflakes that came to look at our old house were triggered by the formica countertops and only 1 full bath. I attributed that to the quality of their college living spaces actually being better than most houses in their price range could provide. GD millennials.
HGTV, too.

Reactions: drxman1
While SAE just downplayed his ride, I’d wager that 95% of the miles driven by him and his siblings have been in a German luxury import.

HGTV, too.
Shouldn’t HGTV be a soberin dose of reality?

“Oh look honey, those young attractive people that look like how we think we look are buying a house that looks like just what we want our house to look like.”
*HGTV tells them said house costs $750,000*
“Well ain’t that a punch in the dick.” *spits tap water*

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT