ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Been Awhile Thursday Randos: (it is Thursday, right? /weirdweek)

-Spider season on fleek. :weary: Feel like I can't walk 2 feet outside without walking through a web. Do respect their work ethic though -- cleaned off a picturesque web from the Lawn Mower last week, grabbed some lunch and a rest, went back out to grab the trimmer and dude had basically remade the entire thing. [thumb2]

-It's possible to both 1.) Be excited when we get a Football 'commitment' from a big name player and 2.) Realize it means nothing as to whether he will play a game for UK. That's what I do, at least. We hold onto our fair share of them, and continue to hold on to more -- but it's a good thing for the program each time we're mentioned like that whether we do or not.

-Last minute trip up to NYC (our 11th together) last week for 4 days, always a blast - never gets old

Did some playing around outside of the city a little more than usual -- spent an afternoon in Harlem and the very upper portions of Central park -- spent another morning over in Brooklyn out at the Botanical Gardens. Wife's new hobby is flowering, so she loved it...and the place was pretty amazing even to myself. Thought of Basler and a few of you -- something you'd definitely enjoy.

Lots of Food: Highlights: Patsy's, Xi'an Famous Foods spicy hand ripped noodles, Burger from Hard Times Sundaes, and the House Made Cavatelli w/ Hot Sausage & Browned Sage Butter from Frankie's Spuntino :eyes: (shout out to @Kooky Kats). Crushed various Halal Carts, of course.

Lots of Drink: Favs: Macao, Apotheke, Slowly Shirley, and B Flat (cool little basement Jazz bar).

Lots of steps to balance all that indulgence out, per usual. Averaged over 30K on her fitbit. Nice lil walk

Oh, and we checked out the completed One World Trade, The Oculus, and all that surrounds, which was all incredible. 360 views from the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere up top. Pretty cool having seen it go up from scratch in our visits over the years -- can't imagine watching it on a daily basis. :americanflag:

Engineering & Architecture, especially on that scale is something I've never quite been able to wrap my head around.

-Fireworks Season! [sick]

-NBA Offseason makes for such good reading -- seems like one of the overall most exciting in awhile. Happy for Randall and his Minnesota boys -- bet he never dreamed they'd be in this position as a child in St. Paul.

-Hung over as balls on Sunday, somehow got caught watching 'Below Deck: Mediterannean' on Bravo. 5 hours later, I realized I couldn't just quit. That's some quality terrible TV, pretty much Real World on a Yacht, bopping around Anth's preferred leisure spots in Croatia.

-Anyone ever read Fredrick Backman? Doesn't seem like my style, but Beartown was the only thing that looked interesting on the 'new' rack at the Brare -- and 'Friday Night Lights' was used on the back in one of the endorsements. We'll see.

Sloot's book sounds interesting, I love a good 'inside'. You'd enjoy Restaurant Man from Joe Bastianich, which is just that, but w/ food and he & Batali's restaurant empire in particular.

-This summer has been the busiest/most fun for me in at least a decade, typically summer has been our down time...been a nice little life change. That said, I can still feel my mood starting to shift to Fall a little bit. Met a lot of new great people this year, but starting to miss my Wildcat Friends & having 18 year old athletes to obsess about. Not quite there yet, but it's coming.

-So much good summer vibe music out there it's hard to keep up. Been a great little run for white people who like black sounds, about time.

-102 days without a puff.

-Glad to see Boat back, happy, and settled. :beer:

#early

Last edited:
* I'm a Springsteen guy. I mean, he's not my fav but I enjoy his music from time to time.

I'm surprised an uncompromising ultra conservative like UKO still appreciates The Boss despite his liberal rants. That's the way it should be, IMO.

Separation of church and state, if you will.

But UKO still sucks.

*****Big Pergola Update*****

Pulling the trigger on a 12x10 prefab deal. It is very nice and will look great. It is an early bday present from Marge.

I put up a 10x10 canopy for a party I had over the weekend (yes, Adrian, I smoked a pork shoulder again - also a brisket) and it covered that section of our patio nicely. I decided that a pergola slightly larger than that would look wonderful. Fantastic even. I mocked it up on the computer and ol' Marge was so blown away she ordered it right then and there.

He is. But his musical diversity is unmatched.
Springsteen and Clapton. You crazy m'fer. Next thing you'll tell us you like Bob Seger and Steely Dan too. Maybe the Eagles if you're feeling frisky? Will you make me a mix CD? I'm looking to expand my musical horizons. Make sure to include links to all the artist's Wikipedia pages. I assume I'll need everyone's backstory for context.

If GYERO has any suggestions, we're 120 days out.

Keep in mind that the SID position at Centre just reopened on Friday and I've applied for it once again. At worst, I will still be an employee of Centre College on Nov. 3 and therefore will still attend the game. At best...I might be able to do some really cool stuff while I'm there.

Man, back in college Clapton's unplugged was a regular in the cd changer. Wore that thing out. Haven't listened to it in ages.

Harvested the first crop of zucchini and jalepenos tonight. Bunch of maters on the vine, got ten different breeds of heirlooms.

Next week off is the 17th. Looking to catch up on much needed golf time. Hit me up if you wanna play during the week. Then Friday gonna show The Wildcat Chads how we boat ...should be a hell of a time. Pumped.

Any of you all see the Captain Suntan v. Andy Sweeney twitter fight last night? I don't get Louisville radio so I couldn't really follow the beef, but it's clear that Suntan is totally unhinged. He may really beat up somebody in public one day.

Cliff's Notes:
1. Suntan calls out Andy because Andy called him a "sports buffoon" on radio.
2. Suntan also goes into a positive UL (All-IN) spin while Andy is just way too negative.
3. Ratings get brought back into it.
4. Suntan claims he could get more listeners than Andy anywhere, anytime.
5. The Capt. then essentially calls Andy a disgusting slob with no friends and poor hygiene.

It was like waking up to a Real Houswives twitter episode this morning, except with UL radio personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT