ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

It turns out playing at a small school in rural Georgia really doesn't set you up to start in the SEC.

Reading basketball takes on the upcoming year has me thinking we might still be worried about potential when we now have proven entities. Do the parts fit perfectly? Probably not, but given where we were in April, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Wait and see approach is on full tilt over here.

Maybe Brock would improve as a second year starter with the same offensive coordinator? I don’t know. Our offense is brutal again. Does Stephen Johnson have any forgotten retro Covid years of eligibility?

Beat Louisville. Christ.

Put me in the side that doesn't think Brock get's it done here. Start Winsatt and stop with the QB substitutions.

WNBA players opt out of their current CBA and may face a work stoppage? LMAO absolutely amazing.

So 2 of the 3 highest spending franchises will play in the WS? FOH

When did the Phoenix NHL team become the Utah Hockey Club?

Pope's first team is going to be FINE....Some of you will get onboard when we spank Duke's ass.

Newsweek had to put out a piece today letting their readers know this is a "likely AI generated picture of Trump". People continue to lose their minds.

GabZGw0XEAABejd

- I don’t expect perfection from the basketball team, but I do believe our pieces will work in time once they are against competition that forces them out of the comforts of practice competition.

We’ll be good to really good IMO.

- Part of our struggles is strategy of ball control which I appreciate and understand. The stupidness behind split QB nonsense, Wilcox not getting more touches for ANY reason, and basic simple pass calls to get BVG comfortable is just embarrassing at this point.

Perfect example do you remember how many jet sweeps we ran week 1? For what? To trick a cupcake school with Browns speed? Then we looked like crap against USCjr so did anything translate from one week to another?

I don’t think it’s a real issue, but his drive since being apart of RD1 has certainly lacked and from what I hear he better get some damn focus on football quick!

- Everything I’m personally involved in currently is full on GO!!!!!!!!! I hope it buries us in snow this year to slow the world down a few times for my sanity.

- Headed to the Jack O Lantern deal this weekend. We went a few years back and were impressed. I’ve heard great things and all our kids are old enough now to be wow’d.

- LA/NY World Series. Holy Sh*t the ratings could be the highest ever and not be topped for decades. That sport is going to explode with participation at the youth levels if Judge/Ohtani deliver.

Last edited:
Eddie Gran is on staff. I'm just saying. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with Brock/Wimsatt, etc.

He's the only OC Stoops ever seemed comfortable with, imo.
Hell, put Barion in at QB and let him run around like Lynn Bowden.

Shit, anything offensively has to be better than what we have been seeing.

Reactions: bradyjames
Barion Brown taking snaps at QB would be really interesting. I've never seen a QB take a snap then take off in a dead sprint straight to the sideline. Then get flagged 15 yards for talking shit after avoiding any sort of real contact. Probably.
You have a point. 🤦‍♂️

He probably has high instep which will cause shoe to come untied as soon as he starts moving his foot.

Take shoe laces at top of shoe out of first eye, then take it through the top eyelet toward inside shoe. You now have got an outside little loop showing from next to last eyelet to top eyelet.
Take end of shoelace on each side put through outside loop, then tie shoes, they will not come untied, when he moves foot.

Maybe Purdue or another school will bail Mitchy out by offering Stoops $6-7 million a year, and we can only hope Stoops wants a fresh start somewhere else.

Another, more likely alternative scenario for Stoops leaving would be to "salvage" the season by finishing 7-6, then pass the baton. Stoops sounds tired, defeated, and at a loss for solutions to this team's woes.

I think if the the wheels fall off and we go 4-8 or 5-7, Stoops wouldn't want to leave on a sour note and will try to redeem himself next season, albeit the chance of redemption next season is not high at all, given the roster and schedule. That's the worst scenario but perhaps the most likely.

Maybe Purdue or another school will bail Mitchy out by offering Stoops $6-7 million a year, and we can only hope Stoops wants a fresh start somewhere else.

Another, more likely alternative scenario for Stoops leaving would be to "salvage" the season by finishing 7-6, then pass the baton. Stoops sounds tired, defeated, and at a loss for solutions to this team's woes.

I think if the the wheels fall off and we go 4-8 or 5-7, Stoops wouldn't want to leave on a sour note and will try to redeem himself next season, albeit the chance of redemption next season is not high at all, given the roster and schedule. That's the worst scenario but perhaps the most likely.
"IF" the wheels fall off ? LOL, them MFers fell off during the Vandy game and rolled all the way to Gainesville. 5-7 ceiling is pretty much already been determined, rather or not they finish 4-8 or 5-7 is all that is left.

Get ready for another year of Stoops. Now after next year (it looks bad), then maybe noise will be loud enough.

Heard this on KSR:

The Stoops effect w OCs-

Dawson-last year at WVU 317passing yards per game, 209 at uk now averaging 400 this year at Miami

Bush 221 last year at Boise-168 this year

Neal brown-355 Texas Tech, 231 UK 271 WVU

Gran- 360 UC, 188 UK

Just curious how defenses from SEC stack up to defenses in the Big 12, ACC and wherever Boise is?

That have any impact at all in those stats?

They also (men also) love to put the phone right on their mouth when talking while holding it away from the ear when talking. I have a friend Larry that does that. I asked him one day "dude how do you hear what the person on the other end is saying ? Your phone is not where you can hear it, why do you have to talk right into the mouthpiece ?"

Larry lived in a world where communication felt more like an intricate dance than a simple exchange of words. He was a peculiar man, known in his neighborhood for one unmistakable quirk: he would talk directly into the mouthpiece of his phone, all day long, but could never hear a single response. The device acted like a portal, his words spilling forth into the void, while a silent universe lingered on the other side, waiting to be heard.

Larry's routine was as predictable as the sunrise. Each morning, he'd wake up, make a cup of coffee, and stand by his window, cradling his phone. He’d lift it to his lips, exclaiming to the world, "Good morning! What’s on our agenda today?" The neighborhood kids would dart past, giggling at the man who seemed to be having a one-sided conversation with a device that could not respond.

His friends tried to explain to him that a phone worked both ways—that it could not only convey his words but also return them. “Run a test!” his friend Tom suggested once, half amused and half concerned. “Call me and see if I respond!” But Larry only chuckled, convinced that the best conversations happened in the air between them, true connections felt rather than heard.

At the local café, Larry would sit at his favorite table, ordered an extra-large latte, and speak into his phone about the latte art, the weather, or the new book he was excited to start. The barista, Zoe, would listen while she prepared drinks, often rolling her eyes but secretly charmed by his oddity. “That latte is the best you’ve ever had, Larry!” she’d shout, but he never responded. Instead, he continued his monologue, driven by a delightful flow of thoughts that never saw an ear beam back a reply.

Despite the one-sidedness, Larry was deeply content. He felt liberated by his unrestrained voice, like an orchestra conductor leading a vibrant symphony where everyone played their part, even if they were completely silent. He found joy in every whimsical topic, from the pattern of the clouds outside to the peculiarities of passing strangers. Each observation spun itself into a pastel narrative, painted vividly in his mind. It was as if Larry was a storyteller, but the audience was always ephemeral—a ghostly assembly that never echoed back.

Then one day, on his way home from the café, Larry noticed an odd glimmer in the corner of his eye. It was a peculiar young woman sitting on a park bench, her gaze fixed intently on him. She wore bold red-rimmed glasses and a scarf that swayed elegantly in the breeze. As he approached, she lifted her phone, speaking animatedly into it. Larry, intrigued, stepped closer and began, “Excuse me, but the sunset is quite beautiful today, don’t you think?”

Instead of looking bemused, she smiled as she continued her conversation, her words swirling as she laughed lightheartedly. It struck him then, watching her lively exchange, that a peculiar synchronicity had formed. Despite not hearing her, he felt a connection; they were both sharing the same vibrant air. He spoke of the sunset’s colors, of the trees swaying gently, and although he couldn’t hear her laughter or the words she might have offered, he could see the light in her eyes.

Day after day, Larry found himself drawn back to the park. He would sit nearby, sharing his thoughts into the mouthpiece of his phone while she animatedly chatted away into her own device. Their routine became a ritual — two solitary figures, wrapped in their own vibrant worlds yet together in a shared silence. What he didn’t realize was that unbeknownst to him, she had begun to react to him, mimicking his rhythm and bringing a meaning to the void. And every so often, she would look over, her smile captivating him a little more with each new sunset.

Finally, one fateful evening, the sun dipped low, casting deep oranges and pinks across the sky. Larry stood up, filled with a sudden impulse. Lifting his phone to his mouth, he made a bold declaration, “You know, it’d be wonderful to share a cup of coffee with someone like you!”

For the first time, instead of continuing her own conversation, the woman closed her phone and approached him. “I think that’s a splendid idea,” she said, her voice ringing out with a warmth that seemed to break the spell. “I’ve been waiting for you to join me.”

They walked together, side by side. The world around them hummed with life, a soft cacophony that Larry could almost feel. He spoke freely, no longer confined to the mouthpiece of his phone while she listened passionately, punctuating the air with laughter and excitement.

Larry realized that while he had navigated life for so long in silence, sometimes the best conversations were those that didn’t rely on the exchange of words at all. It was the laughter, the smiles, the shared moments that truly mattered.

In their newfound bond, he found joy in hearing her vibrant laughter and musings, no longer just a solitary mariner adrift in an ocean of words. Just like that, his peculiar world shifted, opening doors to a realm where silence was merely the prelude to a lush symphony of connection, blending seamlessly into a beautiful conversation they were destined to create together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT