ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Some nerves and turnover issues early but some really good takeaways from tonight. This is a very balanced unit and we’re 11 deep.

Chandler was the story, he’s tough, physical and makes good use of his hops. If he keeps this up he’ll get solid minutes.

Carr-crafty as hell offensively and makes good decisions with the ball in his hands

Williams-a monster physically and showed some offensive potential tonight. Pope will turn him into a pro. Unreal passer.

Oweh and Butler great defensively and their ability to get to the rim will be a nice complement to our shooters.

Robinson-quietly really solid game, that’s who he is. He’ll quietly put up 25.

Garrison-will produce with his minutes.

Brea-still getting his feet under him, he’ll be a weapon that can make contested 3s. Showed some playmaking flash too.

Noah-made some good hustle plays, knocked down a shot or two.

Perry-was a little overwhelmed by Butler’s and Chandler’s defense but he can eat against other backcourts in spurts. Seemed to handle the ball well, got more minutes tonight with Kriisa out.

Almonor-can stretch the defense and made some crafty plays.

Kriisa-hopefully was out with pink eye
Chandler will get some run but is pretty clueless on defense right now and will cut into his time.
Had some friends visit practice and got a Q and A with Pope afterwards along with chalk talk on the white board. We all know he’s damn smart dude but my buddy said he’s a damn genius regarding basketball X’s and O’s. We haven’t really heard much x and o talk but got a little of it at SEC Media Days when discussing importance of having a “go to” player.

Luckily we get some hoops this week because this football season is another season of regression. I feel Stoops exits after this season.

Brash upstart is 63 but he still has a decade or more if he wants it.

Wonder if a bigger school would try to hire that youngster?

I thought we were playing Murray Sate all week until one of my kids asked what time the game was and I had to look it up. I think that was Thursday night.

I watched about 20% of the game last night and spent most of my night watching UGA/UT and playoff baseball. It’s all for the best.

Tennessee is going to be in the playoff and their QB is going to be peaking right at about that time. Their offensive scheme is amazing and once (Samoan name I can’t spell or pronounce) he starts hitting those well timed GO ROUTES, they will be unbeatable. I expect their offense will ignite on whatever week we have to play in that dump.

Through no fault of anyone associated with the basketball program or their marketing, I have zero clue about the basketball team. I have a general idea about Pope’s offensive system, but I don’t know these guys, possible rotations, strengths/weaknesses, etc. I am going in blind to this season, without judgment. Refreshed and recharged, so to speak.

Because it’s judgement that defeats us.

Man, do I HATE Tennessee.

Boley’s line is something else regardless of circumstances.

Reminds me of those Sheray Thomas games where he’d play 20 minutes and go 0/1 FG with zero rebounds, zero assists, 4 PFs and 2 TOs.

bradyjames - it's not news that I no longer watch the games. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

Speaking of my shoes though, can you tell your Mom I need those back? They're probably under her bed.
No shit. You post about you not watchin’ weekly. Then want updates on how things went.

Guessing you got the white van gassed up and a new “Free Candy” sign for Halloween done this weekend?

You are one creepy old dude.

I might be "different", but I'm not a pedo. LOL (you don't do humor very well)

But what DOES seem a little "creepy" is your preternatural interest in my day to day activities, both real AND imagined.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Every resource is at Piglet’s fingertips, and the mfer puts out the worst product of undisciplined, boring-ass bullshit football imaginable. He’d rather argue with the refs than bench a douche for penalties or drops.

Let’s hope TopButton is feeling himself after shafting the last self-indulgent, flailing loser coach.

kinda serious question…why can’t “for cause” include “abysmal performance and regression”, or “doesn’t make players tie their shoes”, or “has no command of locker room”?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT