ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Delta first class > PJ

I would argue of all the cool things we got to try or do this is #1 on the list pound for pound.

The only debate would be a coach seat to a cool place over a FC ticket and weaker destination. Cool destinations + going first class is the best money I have spent.

The only real benefit of a PJ is you hop right on the plane and go. Which is intoxicating.

The biggest problem is you are getting second tier crew, weather cancels alot of flights and the insane cost.

First clsss airline tickets is no comparison to watches, cars or other stuff. Do yourself a favor and spring the extra $500-$600 on the ticket and thank me later.
Sounds like we are currently leading for Lewis and Wilson.

I’ve watched some more BYU games this week and Pope is always stoic on the sidelines. Doesn’t get on players, refs, coaches, rarely even claps. Just out there teaching constantly.

Defensively, he’ll mix things up after time outs, on free throw makes, etc. Half court traps, full court press but doesn’t do it a ton but it’s effective when he does.

He’s willing to go zone and even for extended periods (which I thought was illegal) if the game dictates it. They normally use a 1-3-1 that morphs into a 2-3.

He ices 99% of pick/rolls which forces the offense to go the opposite way they’re trying to go and you don’t have to switch, hedge/recover or blitz/trap.

He also preaches wedging for offensive rebounds and they had a pretty good offensive rebound rate last year. That’s basically screening to rebound and it’s hard to explain but you’ll notice it.
This is what gives me hope. You have to be able to adjust as a coach. Going to be so much fun.

Some nerves and turnover issues early but some really good takeaways from tonight. This is a very balanced unit and we’re 11 deep.

Chandler was the story, he’s tough, physical and makes good use of his hops. If he keeps this up he’ll get solid minutes.

Carr-crafty as hell offensively and makes good decisions with the ball in his hands

Williams-a monster physically and showed some offensive potential tonight. Pope will turn him into a pro. Unreal passer.

Oweh and Butler great defensively and their ability to get to the rim will be a nice complement to our shooters.

Robinson-quietly really solid game, that’s who he is. He’ll quietly put up 25.

Garrison-will produce with his minutes.

Brea-still getting his feet under him, he’ll be a weapon that can make contested 3s. Showed some playmaking flash too.

Noah-made some good hustle plays, knocked down a shot or two.

Perry-was a little overwhelmed by Butler’s and Chandler’s defense but he can eat against other backcourts in spurts. Seemed to handle the ball well, got more minutes tonight with Kriisa out.

Almonor-can stretch the defense and made some crafty plays.

Kriisa-hopefully was out with pink eye

Delta first class > PJ

I would argue of all the cool things we got to try or do this is #1 on the list pound for pound.

The only debate would be a coach seat to a cool place over a FC ticket and weaker destination. Cool destinations + going first class is the best money I have spent.

The only real benefit of a PJ is you hop right on the plane and go. Which is intoxicating.

The biggest problem is you are getting second tier crew, weather cancels alot of flights and the insane cost.

First clsss airline tickets is no comparison to watches, cars or other stuff. Do yourself a favor and spring the extra $500-$600 on the ticket and thank me later.

This is what gives me hope. You have to be able to adjust as a coach. Going to be so much fun.
Boat Bob is so pissed he didn’t get to do the PJ humble brag first.

Reactions: jayroon
3/13 from the field and 2 assist in 37 minutes is not exactly "showing playmaking skills". (but he won't shoot 3/13 very often, rust)

Kriisa was out with a tweaked hammy.

Only 2 blocks (1 per team)

Even with Brea's 2/10, Blue team still shot 37% from 3.

Gonna have to improve the FT shooting.

6 players with at least 6 rebounds, very solid.

Carr is going to be tough to handle. 10/10 from the free throw line shows aggressive play, not just camping out at the 3 line.

The buy rate vs the drop ratings dynamic would be a tough analysis to justify the decision.

I’d imagine when you have two schools dominating the SEC like Bama and UGA have the other schools viewerships dip, and those two schools have been IT for about 5-6 years.

Have to imagine the only reason ESPN ponied up was because they can broadcast SEC over 5 networks vs CBS being locked into 1-2 games a week to recoup their investment.

Four tickets to the UK-Louisville game. All 4 together in center section, lower level about 20 rows back. Can't go as I have to go to a family wedding. DM me if interested. I have already turned down $1000 each.
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Some nerves and turnover issues early but some really good takeaways from tonight. This is a very balanced unit and we’re 11 deep.

Chandler was the story, he’s tough, physical and makes good use of his hops. If he keeps this up he’ll get solid minutes.

Carr-crafty as hell offensively and makes good decisions with the ball in his hands

Williams-a monster physically and showed some offensive potential tonight. Pope will turn him into a pro. Unreal passer.

Oweh and Butler great defensively and their ability to get to the rim will be a nice complement to our shooters.

Robinson-quietly really solid game, that’s who he is. He’ll quietly put up 25.

Garrison-will produce with his minutes.

Brea-still getting his feet under him, he’ll be a weapon that can make contested 3s. Showed some playmaking flash too.

Noah-made some good hustle plays, knocked down a shot or two.

Perry-was a little overwhelmed by Butler’s and Chandler’s defense but he can eat against other backcourts in spurts. Seemed to handle the ball well, got more minutes tonight with Kriisa out.

Almonor-can stretch the defense and made some crafty plays.

Kriisa-hopefully was out with pink eye
Unfortunately that video got taken down before I could get to it.

3/13 from the field and 2 assist in 37 minutes is not exactly "showing playmaking skills". (but he won't shoot 3/13 very often, rust)

Kriisa was out with a tweaked hammy.

Only 2 blocks (1 per team)

Even with Brea's 2/10, Blue team still shot 37% from 3.

Gonna have to improve the FT shooting.

6 players with at least 6 rebounds, very solid.

Carr is going to be tough to handle. 10/10 from the free throw line shows aggressive play, not just camping out at the 3 line.
Brea will be fine. He’s dealt with an injury over the summer so still getting his feet under him.

He showed some playmaking in the 2nd half handling the ball in some short pick roll situations where he made some great passes. I didn’t know that was part of his game.

Not worried about blocks or free throws. They shoot so well they’ll be fine.

The blocks I thought about too but when you’ve played against these guys all summer you know shots to take against these guys to not get them blocked.

Williams, Garrison and Carr all averaged well over a block per game last year. Oweh, Robinson and Almoner will get some too. Blocks and FTs aren’t concerns to me at all.

Was well aware about Kriisa but thanks for the breaking info. Hopefully that’s a cover for the pink eye he got from eating all the sorority ass. With the new injury report requirements, pink eye on there would be dope.

Unfortunately that video got taken down before I could get to it.
Damn, WTH. I watched it around midnight last night. It was the whole scrimmage cut up into a 37 minute video.

Edit:sounds like the SEC network made them take it down.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 80 Proof
UK seemed to play better when going up tempo against Vandy. Miami's up tempo working very well against UL.

Will Stoops and company take note?
No. The will use the 3 yards and a cloud of dust method. They may reach deep in their bag and run some jet sweeps and 6 yard outs. But only 6 yard outs if it is 10 yards or longer needed.

• Haha
Reactions: august-west
I know Big Ten and SEC aren't comparable with down the league talent. But IU hiring a new coach and immediately going 11-1 potentially sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT