ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

With our open scholarship, I’d take TJ Power (Duke transfer) as a developmental player if any of Virginia’s players transfer (they have 30 days).

He’s a good fit and a lot of folks hoped he’d come here this year.

Maybe Jacob Cofie who’s a top 100 freshman big.

These guys couldn’t play until 2nd semester anyway but we might need another body at some point.

Last edited:
*For those making the trip to Austin, how many days are you staying?

*Graeters is a somewhat regular stop for me. Personally, I'm not an ice cream fan, but my kids love that place.

*For me, the worst flights were AA with a Charlotte connection. I used to get stuck in that airport for hours, or overnight, when traveling almost weekly to Savannah.

Per our Friday tradition got the Lil Lassies all fueled up on cinnamon rolls this morning.

Usually on the way to school it’s PLAY TAYLOR. PLAY TAYLOR.

Not this morning. They wanted me to play this new jam.. Hot to Go.

H OHH T T OHHH GGGGG OHHHH.

I can’t get it out of my head. It kind of slaps, tbh. When the chorus kicked in they were going straight bananas.

Per our Friday tradition got the Lil Lassies all fueled up on cinnamon rolls this morning.

Usually on the way to school it’s PLAY TAYLOR. PLAY TAYLOR.

Not this morning. They wanted me to play this new jam.. Hot to Go.

H OHH T T OHHH GGGGG OHHHH.

I can’t get it out of my head. It kind of slaps, tbh. When the chorus kicked in they were going straight bananas.

My wife and kids current fave - chapell roan the next big thing. Not going to lie pink pony club is a guilty pleasure listen of mine but daughter doesn’t know that one yet thank god

Last edited:
Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Pretty lame the B/W game isn’t going to be on any tv/stream.
I disagree. I think Madness and the BW Game should be attendance only until further notice. The TV streams of them suck anyway.

UK is doing it right, imo -- use the exclusivity of it not being on TV to make some extra revenue and create little fan experiences to keep up engagement.

I don't care that they made the B/W game a premium event but they could have replaced that with a General Admission exhibition game or something that wasn't part of season tickets. The B/W game was the only opportunity for a lot of people to get great seats.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Richie that song is played 20 times a day at my house right now.

A reprieve from T Swift. My kids like different stuff besides those two:

8 year old: Avett Brothers, Slowdive
6 year old: Hozier, Mitski

Lotta time on 35-36 Sirius on trips lately.

Hope the Kentucky Men’s Basketball Wildcats are hot to go this season.

Last edited:
For some unknown reason, my 6 year old grandson absolutely loves "Everybody Wants To Rule The World", Tears For Fears.
Gets super hyped while playing the Power Rangers theme song, "Go Go Power Rangers". "Alexa, play Power Rangers theme song".

I also posted this in the golf thread but any suggestions on the best place in the Lexington area to get fitted? Needing to get my daughter fitted and some new clubs. She is open to whatever brand looks and feels the best but wants to try Titleist, Ping, Callaway and any other recommendations the fitter may have.

Sabrina Carpenter is a smoke show whose concerts include a display of a new sex position each night.

Chappell Roan looks like a drag queen gremlin and cry’s when her fans want to take pictures with her or acknowledge her in public.

ADV Carpenter

Everybody Wants to Rule the World is a huge hit among elementary school kids because of Speakerhead from the Skibidi Toilet universe, duh. #old

My kid loves it though. Just got a Tears for Fears t-shirt and everything. Also loves the Beatles and Chappell Roan. And Skibidi Toilets and Fishy on Me. Win some, lose some.

So did they decide to stream because no one bought tickets? Or did they lie to those who bought tickets thinking it was the only way they could watch? Don't really care either way, but 😆. Glad I can watch though.

Prognosticators are all over the place on this basketball team. I am too. Biggest wild card in the sport in a while, IMO.

Damn near checked out on Mark Stoops' football team. I mean I'm watching every game still, but I aint tootin no horns.

Restaurant recs for date night in Lex? Thinking Epping's, Cole's, Dudley's, etc. What's the best in that tier? Are they even in the same tier? #lexnoob. We only come up once a year or so and it has to count. Can't be trying everything.

Reactions: wcc31
Cole’s and Epping’s are “sister restaurants,” both owned by main chef Cole Arimes. Can’t really go wrong with either.

I like Dudley’s more for brunch, when we usually go (it’s around the corner from our church, and my family walks there on Sundays after service often). Last few times I had their dinner…meh.

I’m sure you’ll get some Tony’s/Ruby’s recs, but I’m confident you’d be happy with either of those first two. One of the better kept secrets in Lexington is Cole’s having a steak that is honestly on par with Tony’s/Ruby’s at a fraction of the price.

Reactions: creeksman
Restaurant recs for date night in Lex? Thinking Epping's, Cole's, Dudley's, etc. What's the best in that tier? Are they even in the same tier? #lexnoob. We only come up once a year or so and it has to count. Can't be trying everything.

Giuseppe's or Cole's. Eppings is fine but not for a "date night"....great happy hour specials, though. Merrick is always a great choice as well.

I really enjoy OBC Kitchen, albeit a small step down below Dudley's and Cole's. Love the vibe in there and the bourbon list is elite. The halibut is fannntastic.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World is a huge hit among elementary school kids because of Speakerhead from the Skibidi Toilet universe, duh. #old

My kid loves it though. Just got a Tears for Fears t-shirt and everything. Also loves the Beatles and Chappell Roan. And Skibidi Toilets and Fishy on Me. Win some, lose some.

So did they decide to stream because no one bought tickets? Or did they lie to those who bought tickets thinking it was the only way they could watch? Don't really care either way, but 😆. Glad I can watch though.

Prognosticators are all over the place on this basketball team. I am too. Biggest wild card in the sport in a while, IMO.

Damn near checked out on Mark Stoops' football team. I mean I'm watching every game still, but I aint tootin no horns.

Yeap that is exactly it. He even made his Halloween costume last year of Speakerhead. He eats that shit up. He has the stuffed "animals" of all of them. Watches tons of videos on YouTube of Skibidi, Speakerhead, Radio head, whatever. He got pissed at me when I called one of them TV man or something. He was like "No it is not TV man G-Daddy, it is Speakerhead."

Sounds like we are currently leading for Lewis and Wilson.

I’ve watched some more BYU games this week and Pope is always stoic on the sidelines. Doesn’t get on players, refs, coaches, rarely even claps. Just out there teaching constantly.

Defensively, he’ll mix things up after time outs, on free throw makes, etc. Half court traps, full court press but doesn’t do it a ton but it’s effective when he does.

He’s willing to go zone and even for extended periods (which I thought was illegal) if the game dictates it. They normally use a 1-3-1 that morphs into a 2-3.

He ices 99% of pick/rolls which forces the offense to go the opposite way they’re trying to go and you don’t have to switch, hedge/recover or blitz/trap.

He also preaches wedging for offensive rebounds and they had a pretty good offensive rebound rate last year. That’s basically screening to rebound and it’s hard to explain but you’ll notice it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT