ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I will do anything I can when driving around in Lexington to avoid Mo’W and Nich. Rd.

Rarely go out either of those ways anyhow, but I know every single backroad and neighborhood along those veins when necessary.

Drives the lass crazy, but sorry toots, not waiting for those lights.

It’s a 2017 Lincoln Navigator L, actually. I did see one of those big loaded Chevy express vans tho and mentioned that it would probably be an upgrade on long trips. Maybe even a sprinter van like all the Ukrainians drive ?

Y’all better hope we do good enough to keep Stoops in the running for an open job at season’s end because they are not going to fire this man.

We’ll still get to 7 wins which is close to the floor here at this point.
How do you figure ?? We have 3 wins. Need 4 more :
@ Florida - L. If EVERYTHING goes right, we MIGHT win.
Auburn - Maybe a W. Not given
@ UT - We will get boatraced
Murray State - W
@ Texas - See UT
Louisville - L. It just will be.

Murray State is 4 wins, Auburn, MAYBE 5 if we don't shit the bed. I guess you think we beat all 4 of Louisville, Auburn, Florida, and Murray State. At BEST 2-2. Finish 5-7. Obviously you haven't been paying attention this year. This team is cooked. Dumas-Walker called the whole team out, bad sign. This team is not together. Wouldn't surprise me if Murray State is the only W left. 4-8 and you have to address the situation of coaching. 5-7 even. TMFS.

That's Man O' War Road in Lexington. I'm convinced it is a time warp.
Back in the late 90's / early 00's I was an office runner while in college. So I drove all over Lex. I loved Man O' War - at least compared to New Circle. I assume now it's significantly worse in terms of traffic.

It’s a 2017 Lincoln Navigator L, actually. I did see one of those big loaded Chevy express vans tho and mentioned that it would probably be an upgrade on long trips. Maybe even a sprinter van like all the Ukrainians drive ?
The sprinter vans are all the rage in the 02 for larger families. They have them all decked out like a conversation van in there.

• Love
Reactions: B Rax and CSC81
What kind of navigation took you from Gulf Shores towards Destin and then north to Montgomery? If you took that route you've only got yourself to blame.

All of these travel issues have me convinced that GYERO needs to pool resources, buy a couple of older but well-cared for jets, and a 5 person used heli (like a Bell 505), form an aviation corp. rent them out, and thus reduce "our" hourly travel rates etc.

Unfractionalized ownership of a private jet comes in at around 5000 dollars per hour. But you can get that down to probably 1500 doing it this way. Which, for trips to away games, vacations, split amongst 10 to 12 people seems pretty reasonable. That would drop even further for any GYERO'ers that obtained their private pilot license (surprised none of you have done that yet for fixed wing aircraft. Helicopters though are a whole 'nother thing/exponentially harder to master.)

plus, AIR GYERO, in script on the fuselage, with the old school rolleyes emoji painted on the vertical stabilizer would be righteous.

DocBOAT's tail number could be N269DR

Last edited:
He got us to the “next level,” and I’ll always respect and thank him for that.

Now let’s find the one that is smart and disciplined enough (and runs his teams the same way) to get us to the level all of us really want to be.

Grit and determination are respectable…but only get you so far. We need results at this point. REAL results.

Jon Sumrall seems to be the fan favorite. But, like somebody said several weeks ago (it might have BEEN CSC81), that window might be closing fast. IOW - dicking around with Stoops for a couple of more years might leave us with no chair to sit in, when the music stops.

Last edited:
We didn’t go towards Destin. Just 65/Gulf Shores Parkway. I just typically go to Destin so there’s a little less of 65 involved on those trips.

At one point Waze told us to take a gravel road somewhere between Montgomery and Birmingham. My wife insisted Waze was right so I went about 1/4 mile down the road until I came across an iron farm gate. It was at that point I told her that she and Waze can GGP and that I’d be returning to the main road.

I wasn’t old enough to be around college-aged people when Pitino was here, but the bandwagon UK fan seems like a complete Cal phenomenon.

Maybe it’s just a generational thing and we have another example of our cultural and societal collapse laid before our very eyes

You know who can get F’d? Millennial Cal Era UK fan. Don’t really give a shit about your Pitino take, youngblood. You don’t get it.
Virtually all millennials are old enough to remember Pitino because we're all pushing 40. Blame Gen Z for the bandwagon Cal nonsense. They've got simpleton takes because they're uneducated youths.

On a related note: I felt an unreasonable amount of schadenfreude that my 13 year old nephew with zero ties to Ohio State football, but decided they're his favorite, got to be disappointed on Saturday. This is the only way he'll learn his aunt and uncle have been right all along about tOSU being pretty terrible, actually.

Jon Sumrall seems to be the fan favorite. But, like somebody said a several weeks ago (it might have BEEN CSC81), that window might be closing fast. IOW - dicking around with Stoops for a couple of more years might leave us with no chair to sit in, when the music stops.
Mark my words. It will be Howard Schnellenberger on steroids. It might be more than one national title this time.

Jon Sumrall will either make the next 20 years of our Falls fun or torture us with what could have been. The truth is even if he takes the UF, FSU or whatever job he will come home to us if we offer. Mitch time to retire and let’s go compete for the SEC in football.

The only reason it’s even a thought is because our AD signed another dumb ass deal.

How high am I on Sumrall? There is not one active head coach that I think will do a better job for us than him.

Last edited:
I'm all in. That gave me goosebumps. What can I do, to get Stoops out of here? I could pull UP to a two year prison stint if I have to, but you all are going to have to keep my commissary account loaded.

I will do anything I can when driving around in Lexington to avoid Mo’W and Nich. Rd.

Rarely go out either of those ways anyhow, but I know every single backroad and neighborhood along those veins when necessary.

Drives the lass crazy, but sorry toots, not waiting for those lights.
Visited this weekend. There’s always this subconscious warning that erupts to the forefront as I’m entering town of how absolute trash the traffic situation is in Lexington.

Many cities have issues but Lexington’s are just unreal given scale. Like good god

EPCOT? I mean, that's pretty terrible all on it's own.
No cap, I think EPCOT in the evening when there is a beautiful sunset and moderate to light crowds is one of the most beautiful places in America.

Japan+at+Sunset+EPCOT+-+The+Drop+Network.jpeg

330px-Spaceship_Earth_-_panoramio_%284%29.jpg

re: Bowl games

My favorite continues to be the 2007 win over Florida State

Lexington traffic: yep, for a city/area of it's size, it can be surreal level aggravating. The only saving grace, as CSC said, knowing all of the "worm holes". I grew up here, but once I got a job that required me to learn the entire map (when I first started at FCPS as a field tech, I had to visit up to 20 schools in one work day, and hit ALL of them at least once a week), and all of the subdivisions by heart, it was a game changer.

Last edited:
So wait, multiple people just casually dropped on KSR today that UK is going to move to selling individual parking spots for tailgating and take away spots to sell to corporate donors instead of individuals?

Amazing shit if they do that after our recent home record. Would be pretty par for the course around here, tbh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT