ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

~ More SAE/BBdK makes this thread incredible. Doubly so if SAE is waxing poetic about pigskins and family or BBdK is snackdowning on pizza.

~ We may be world beaters, we may lose 15 games and we may very well just be a decent top 25 team but none of it truly matters because all of the extra bullshit is gone. No more veiled shots at BJW, horrible sideline interviews with questions answered like a cornered politician or injury reports that read like missing person ads. It's all gone, it's all over.

~ People turned around on Pope when they realized what his philosophies and priorities are. Hyper modern offense, gutty hybrid defense and you play the best players you have. Cal remarked that UK fans were different because we cheered "box outs and rebounding" but still tried to treat us as inferiors. Never again, amigo.

~ Cut caffeine cold turkey last Sunday. Holy shit. I'm either drinking straight water, a lemonade mix-in or Sprite zero if I want some carbonation. The withdrawals are insane. Headaches run rampant, mood seems off and apparently this shit can last up to two weeks. That first fall's eve pour without Coke will be interesting. Going to have to step up my old fashioned game.

~ Parenting is the dumbest/greatest/most annoying/most rewarding thing I've ever done. I don't regret having children, but I do regret my approach to parenting at times. It's crazy how parents mostly fly by the seat of their pants, and I had no idea until I had kids. Son is 11 soon and daughter just started Kindergarten. I couldn't tell you how that happened so fast.

Friday Five :

Idles - Dancer
Turnstile - Blackout
Vulfpeck - 1612
The Mars Volta - Goliath
Baroness - Last Word

Speaking of bourbon…

Solostove Yukon, a rick of seasoned oak, 2 primo stogies, Russell’s 15, Sonos John Prine playlist and a dome filled with autumn stars is about as perfect Friday night I can muster this evening.

So Anth is skipping Madness to offically usher in the new era b/c the tickets he secured were beneath him, AND he's succumbing to UK's embarrassing BLACKOUT request for touching VANDY?

Dude definitely needs a pizza imo.
He can't even name a player on the current squad. And don't even mention a 5-star recruit. They're beneath him as well

What is the best current pizza in Lexington? The walk-up Goodfella's? Our pizza scene is desolate post-COVID, imo.
Another vote for Pearl’s. The hell babe is money. But…the best pizza I’ve had here is the stuffed Chicago style from “Big City” on Chinoe.

Frankfort is home to a *thriving* pizza scene.

Buddy’s is a reasonably priced classic pizza. It’s what Goodfellas is trying to be, but without the “ITS A REAL NEW YAWK SLICE” BS.

Local’s is a very good wood-fired Neapolitan-ish style place made with local ingredients.

Why get rid of caffeine?

I have heart health concerns first and foremost. Rather than trying to reduce intake I've decided I wanted to see what life without it is like. I've consumed caffeine nearly every day for over 30 years, so I figured now was the time to try.

Its manageable but surprising how the withdrawal affects you.

Reactions: AIChatGPT
Max, have you been to a UK football game yet this year? Every game during the Sabotage intro and the 4th quarter sing-a-long of Fight for Your Right (low key the most surprising development since the Grove Street inception a decade ago), I think to myself Max would really like this.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
I might go into labor into section 34 this evening (not really) but so pumped to feel genuine excitement for Kentucky basketball again. I haven’t had any interest in Madness since last time I went in…2011? Been way too damn long. Mark Pope doesn’t f around indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT