ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Any normal foods that you won’t even try?

Cottage cheese
Plums
Pears

No idea what these things taste like

A new era of UK basketball starts tonight. That’s pretty f’ing exciting folks.

So it’s going to be a blackout tomorrow for the football game? UK never ever gets this stuff right.

I have been enjoying the MLB playoffs so far. Think I hardly watched much the last couple years. Would like to see Dodgers/Yanks WS

Came out pretty good down in my part of FL after Milton. Puppies to those up north of me, it really sucks, I know.

Did Rouge perish in the storm?

Cottage cheese is absolutely disgusting.

F5
Jimmy B- Trying to Reason w/ Hurricane Season
Cracker - Euro Trash Girl
Faith No More- Failing to Pieces
Billy Strings- Dust In a Baggie
Charley Crockett- Hard Times

Last edited:
~Cheese pizzas are for kids, fairs, and Kevin McAllister.

~10 day Alaskan cruise booked for next year. Anchorage, Denali, and then 7 on the big boat.

~MLB playoffs are the GOAT of the big 4 post seasons.

~We need a GYERO poker night and then you all can hate me even more when i take your money.

~It is refreshing to see UK basketball have a very warm and inclusive feeling this year, versus the all about me and my players mentality.

Friday 5 to pump up the blood for the fall weather next week....

Arkansas....Chris Stapleton
Get Out of Denver....Bob Seger
Who Do You Love...George Thorogood
Clock Strikes Ten....Cheap Trick
Givin the Dog a Bone...AC/DC

Enjoy.

Reactions: cawoodsct
~Cheese pizzas are for kids, fairs, and Kevin McAllister.

~10 day Alaskan cruise booked for next year. Anchorage, Denali, and then 7 on the big boat.

~MLB playoffs are the GOAT of the big 4 post seasons.

~We need a GYERO poker night and then you all can hate me even more when i take your money.

~It is refreshing to see UK basketball have a very warm and inclusive feeling this year, versus the all about me and my players mentality.

Friday 5 to pump up the blood for the fall weather next week....

Arkansas....Chris Stapleton
Get Out of Denver....Bob Seger
Who Do You Love...George Thorogood
Clock Strikes Ten....Cheap Trick
Givin the Dog a Bone...AC/DC

Enjoy.
Hopefully your captain will try to drive thru icebergs instead of going around them. One can only hope.

I mean I think we’re all familiar with the Pear of Anguish from various and sundry sporting events we’ve all collectively experienced.

Speaking of pizza. I have a story to tell.
There is a pizza place here in BG, well sort of. They operate out of the side of another restaurant, Doug's Motor City. They only take pre order call ins. That is not the bad part, they have a bunch of people who post on "Spotted in Bowling Green" on Facebook trying to sell people on how great their pizza is, (true Chicago Deep Dish) blah, blah, blah. The CHEAPEST pizza (thin crust) they ONLY charge a measly $40. They do not even have a place to sit down and eat, hell they do not even have a business of their own. My opinion, trying to run your business out of the side of another business while only taking pre orders, you probably should not charge $40 and $45 per Za. Seems like a short term existence, but who knows. In fairness, the Za looks really good, but at that price, not many people are willing to find out.

I haven't been this excited for CBB in a long time but also wouldn't mind being thrown in front of a moving train. Hints are made to be taken.

GZniBxxW0A4Igc6

I mean this in the most pro-Pope way possible, but anything short of him going 40-0 is going to be a disappointment to me. My optimism is currently that high.

Impellizzeri's in Louisville has the best crumbled Italian Sausage anywhere, imo. House made, fennel forward. It's unreal.
The breadsticks on a plate tray swimming in butter are also chef’s kiss.

I disagree...now. It's just not the same anymore once it became a local 'mini' chain. Very Wick's ish, except for the incredible Sausage.

'Tony Impellizerri's' was incredible back in the day. His estranged brother Benny, who runs the Impellizzeri's chain, doesn't quite have it these days after expansion, zero quality control across locations....the crust is basically sandwich bread, and the sauce is just way too thick for me, it's basically paste. The last few pies I've had (delivered, to be fair) from there went straight into the garbage after a slice. A shame.

• Sad
Reactions: CSC81
I disagree...now. It's just not the same anymore once it became a local 'mini' chain. Very Wick's ish, except for the incredible Sausage.

'Tony Impellizerri's' was incredible back in the day. His estranged brother Benny, who runs the Impellizzeri's chain, doesn't quite have it these days after expansion, zero quality control across locations....the crust is basically sandwich bread, and the sauce is just way too thick for me, it's basically paste. The last few pies I've had (delivered, to be fair) from there went straight into the garbage after a slice. A shame.
My experience is limited to the Bardstown Rd. location when I lived close by during law school (14+ years ago… 🤦🏻‍♂️).

Sad to hear the quality has dropped off.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
-Danny Mac's has the Gatti's style sausage. Absolutely worship.

-Hit The Post on Goss before last week's St. X game. Arguably top 3 za in the River City IMO.

-We wore this combo against UGA in the 2018 SEC East Championship (a lot of people forget that) but with black facemasks and I actually liked it.

ghows-GA-79c80923-97c0-35f4-e053-0100007f992b-a7593d43.jpeg

-If our offense could get off the ground I'd like us by 2-3 scores tomorrow night, but just wonder if we're ever going to move the ball with any proficiency. 21 - 10 for the REAL Black and Blue squad.

-That said, I am really hopeful that the Ole Miss game was a definitive reversion to the toughness and grit Stoops teams were known for before the last few seasons. It seems this squad actually has some leadership in the locker room which always helps. If so, I can see us pounding Vandy a la 2018 Miss State when we absolutely bullied a physical SEC West squad.

-Been listening to the Locked on Vandy podcast all week and he continues to call out Rich Scangarello for not being effective with this offense. I, too, think Rich Scangarello sucks.

-Excited for the Pope era to begin and for the return of Kentucky Basketball as we know it. The guys are doing and saying all of the right things. If the hustle and execution are there (they will be), then this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

-Still focused on getting the new business venture up and rolling. So far, so good. Testing my resiliency quite a bit but we'll get there.

-3 kids is a nightmare. Youngest just turned 2 and oldest will be 11 in a couple weeks, so the spectrum of child rearing is in full bloom. Still being knee deep in diapers for the 10th year running while counseling an adolescent young lady on the trials and tribulations of life tests just about every bit of what I have to offer, mentally and physically. Toss in a rabid racoon for a son and, well, it's hard. Trying to find the light on the horizon without wishing away time is the art to it all, but it's damn difficult.

-I lost my Dad unexpectedly a few weeks ago. Really a gut punch. Being without parents is uncharted territory and not sure I'll ever get used to it, but am doing okay. UofL is 0-2 since, we beat Ole Miss and St. X even beat Trinity the first Saturday without him. Worried that Dad cashed in all of his divine equity already tbh, but that's been pretty nice. But losing him has put my role as a Father into clear focus and I've taken some inventory of where I have failed and what I need to improve upon, so I'm working on it.

Dad held 2 season tickets for decades (Sec 210) and had a Red Lot pass. I can't remember a single game, big or not, that I wanted to go to but he didn't make happen. He always got me in the stadium. I think the biggest test was Game One in 1994. It was a damn tough ticket. I remember not learning if I was going until that morning, but he found (and paid) for me to go. He's really the reason why I love Kentucky Football so much because he knew I loved it and he fostered it.

In anger I made a post after the SC game, which was my 5 year old son's first, that I was not raising my son to be a UK Football fan (at least I wasn't going to impose it on him), and it's funny how life sometimes calls you out on your bullshit and resets you. Kentucky Football is a major part of my memories of Dad, even with all of the pain, disappointment, highs/lows, and sometimes hopelessness that it can bring. None of that is relevant when viewed through the lens of a Father/Son bonding over something like sports. It's not the point and likely never was for Dad. I understand that now.

So, and thanks to my lifelong friend who often tailgated with us in the Red Lot (our parents were very dear friends) for the tickets (richie), I am bringing Teddy to the game tomorrow night. His first night game. I am doing so with a better perspective that it's the time with him that matters most, and it's the bond we're forging over something we can both love together that matters.

I love Kentucky Football.

What is the best current pizza in Lexington? The walk-up Goodfella's? Our pizza scene is desolate post-COVID, imo.

A vote for Pearl's. That place is fantastic all around....fresh wood-fired bagels & bialy on the weekends for breakfast/brunch, as well. A gem that literally nobody ever talks about, unsure why.

They know wtf they are doing in there.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
-Y’all can give dK all the hell you want, but his pizza takes are on point. Pizza Lupo is the best pizza in Louisville I’ve had, and the crumbled Italian sausage from Impellizzeri’s is very good.

- I’ve kept my word about the family drama, but I have to give the wife props as she has seemingly come along way with her inpatient rehab.

That said, it’s been a full month of waking up by myself and I should have thought that through a little.

- In the same boat as most everyone else as I’m more excited than I’ve been for UK basketball in probably a decade.

- Imentioned Vandy/Bama let down but it’s starting to sink in that we had a major upset too, and we already laid an egg so hopefully these kids stay focused and don’t get too cocky.

BVG is coming around and that defense SHOULD handle Vandy. I really do not like the idea of playing stoops ball to keep Pavia off the field but as long as we win, F it!

- Yanks are an easy pick now for the World Series and the Phillies are gone so my Yanks/Dodgers prediction is coming down to tonight IMHO.

-F5

Bobby Caldwell- My Flame
Eric Church- Holdin My Own
Charlie Daniels- Simple Man
Tracy Lawrence- Time Marches On
Merle Haggard- The way I am

A vote for Pearl's. That place is fantastic all around....fresh wood-fired bagels & bialy on the weekends for breakfast/brunch, as well. A gem that literally nobody ever talks about, unsure why.

They know wtf they are doing in there.

Note what "Old No 1" has for toppings.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Best beverage with pizza power rankings:
  1. Ice cold light beer from a pitcher
  2. San Pellegrino in chilled glass (no ice)
  3. Red wine
  4. Sprite

Last edited:
I was starting to worry GYERO was on its last legs the last couple months but basketball season has brought it back to life today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT