ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

2024 European Tour Highlights:

Munich: Eagle's Nest (amazing, but foggy so view was diminished greatly). Dachau was, obviously, so sad and sobering. Unimaginable human cruelty. Also visited 1972 Olympic Park and memorial to the kidnapping. To end on a bright note, the atmosphere was enhanced due Munich hosting the Spain v. France semifinal. Drunken soccer hooligans everywhere. Original Hofbrauhaus was incredible. When you order in Munich, only two choices to make (what meat with your potatoes and sauerkraut and how huge do you want your beer).

Vienna: Went to a Mozart concert. It is beyond my comprehension on how talented he was and the perfection with which the singers and musicians played his music. Beautiful city, and saw panda bears at a little zoo there.

Bratislava: Just a short day trip there. Very interesting to see the Soviet WWII Memorial there. Appears to be a thriving city, but years of Communist rule still evident in places.

Prague: Great old city. Kinda reminds me of a little Rome with its town squares and old buildings (many 800-1,000 years old or more). Never expected to see a Hooters in one of those old buildings but yet there I was standing in front of the trademark orange facade. Also amazingly cheap, especially compared to other European cities. Nice dinner with drinks for two in the $50 range. People here obviously still elated over thier relatively newfound freedom. They hate Communism with a passion.

Another great trip in the books!

2024 European Tour Highlights:

Munich: Eagle's Nest (amazing, but foggy so view was diminished greatly). Dachau was, obviously, so sad and sobering. Unimaginable human cruelty. Also visited 1972 Olympic Park and memorial to the kidnapping. To end on a bright note, the atmosphere was enhanced due Munich hosting the Spain v. France semifinal. Drunken soccer hooligans everywhere. Original Hofbrauhaus was incredible. When you order in Munich, only two choices to make (what meat with your potatoes and sauerkraut and how huge do you want your beer).

Vienna: Went to a Mozart concert. It is beyond my comprehension on how talented he was and the perfection with which the singers and musicians played his music. Beautiful city, and saw panda bears at a little zoo there.

Bratislava: Just a short day trip there. Very interesting to see the Soviet WWII Memorial there. Appears to be a thriving city, but years of Communist rule still evident in places.

Prague: Great old city. Kinda reminds me of a little Rome with its town squares and old buildings (many 800-1,000 years old or more). Never expected to see a Hooters in one of those old buildings but yet there I was standing in front of the trademark orange facade. Also amazingly cheap, especially compared to other European cities. Nice dinner with drinks for two in the $50 range. People here obviously still elated over thier relatively newfound freedom. They hate Communism with a passion.

Another great trip in the books!

What surprised me about Dachau is that there are houses to this day that backup to and overlook that place. Who the f would want to live there right now? I realize it didn't have the same death rate as Auschwitz (a true death camp), but still they believe that over 40K people were murdered there.

y36abZ.gif

So you, your dad, Matt Jones, Dolly Parton and JD Vance?
Have to weigh in from Seville Spain on this one. I have a long history with JD Vance, some good, some less good, but many conversations over the last 8 years. Like all of us, he has positives and negatives but no matter your political thoughts, he isn’t from Appalachia. He is from the middle of Ohio and had family who lived in Breathitt County.

But a small list of who IS from Appalachia (besides me and Dolly): Loretta Lynn, Tim Couch, Tyler Childers, Sturgill Simpson, White Chocolate, Dwight Yoakam, Cawood Ledford, Daniel Boone, Mac McClung, Ralph Stanley, Chris Stapleton, Jerry West, Nick Saban, Randy Moss and Reed Freaking Sheppard. So have some respect.

-yoakum... similar to Vance moved to Columbus Ohio as a very young child. Sturgill is pretty much from Versailles. But your point remains, Matthew.

-I myself grew up in Lexington from the tender age of 3... but my dad's people are from the mountains, I won't abide any shit.

Reactions: parrott
Have to weigh in from Seville Spain on this one. I have a long history with JD Vance, some good, some less good, but many conversations over the last 8 years. Like all of us, he has positives and negatives but no matter your political thoughts, he isn’t from Appalachia. He is from the middle of Ohio and had family who lived in Breathitt County.

But a small list of who IS from Appalachia (besides me and Dolly): Loretta Lynn, Tim Couch, Tyler Childers, Sturgill Simpson, White Chocolate, Dwight Yoakam, Cawood Ledford, Daniel Boone, Mac McClung, Ralph Stanley, Chris Stapleton, Jerry West, Nick Saban, Randy Moss and Reed Freaking Sheppard. So have some respect.
HOw CAn U TAkE 3 MonTH VaCAY? KsR SuCk with KNOW MatT.

bILLy JOE

I think he goes by "Danny" Boone, thank you very much.

Reactions: bradyjames

Dude - I grew up in Johnson City, TN. I can make these jokes.

Edit: Add JC's own Steve Spurrier to the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: rudd1
Didn't grow up there but spent a ton of my youth running through cricks in Leslie County. I can tell you that when the coal left you had drugs and nursing. But that's a lot of Appalachia these days.

It took me forever to figure out why there was a scuba shop on the road to granny's house (in the middle of nowhere).

I love that place but can't stay for long.

If they were only taught to Code, then they would have had the chance to amount to something.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
White Chocolate is my favorite inclusion on that list.

Chumps and I share an alma mater but I haven't been back to JC since I graduated. Is Pal's still providing sudden service in Elizabethton? That sweet tea was 💯

Reactions: rudd1
-yoakum... similar to Vance moved to Columbus Ohio as a very young child. Sturgill is pretty much from Versailles. But your point remains, Matthew.

-I myself grew up in Lexington from the tender age of 3... but my dad's people are from the mountains, I won't abide any shit.

Explains a lot.

Bledsoe's favorite Rupp moment being the start of the fight at the start of the UofL game is perfect. Get shit right.

Still can't get over that gal singing the National Anthem last night. And her statement about rehab was about as insincere as I've ever heard. She may be going there - but it ain't gonna take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT