ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I was never big on Tom Petty. I respect his contribution to music and acknowledge his talent. I'm just not a big fan.

Reactions: justa
Never been a huge Springsteen fan, but found this gem on an INXS deep dive this past week. Solid and does the original justice. Tom Morello appearance too!

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
I play that one a lot. Love that.

Petty and Springsteen did not evolve enough for me beyond first 3-4 albums. No biggie, still can enjoy but can’t listen past The River or Southern Accents on a regular.
What makes Who, Stones, ZEP great, is that they were able to constantly change their sound yet were interesting to me. U2 falls in that category. Just me.

Other than their 20 all-time bangers, the Stones are pretty terrible.

🙄
Even if I were to grant you that they had 20 all-time bangers (which they don't), considering they have recorded 31 studio albums (351 songs), a .050 batting average is dismal, considering their absurdly overrated reputation.

Recycled, uninspiring dreck, led by a bantam rooster front man that sings (and dances) like a mental patient.

Last edited:
Went out on a boat on the Ohio River with my family today. Tied up to three other boats of our friends and their kids. We swam, fished andd grilled out. Stayed there all day in absolutely perfect early July weather. We cruised back to the dock at sunset. Then we drove home and stopped at that old school looking DQ for blizzard and dipped cones on highway 42.

You know what I put on for that drive from the boat dock to DQ to home? John Cougar Mellencamp, that’s who.

• R.O.C.K in the U.S.A
  • Lonely Ol’ Night
  • Cherry Bomb
  • Jack and Diane
  • Small Town
There aren’t five songs from anybody that could have hit better at that moment than those five I mentioned. In fact, when I hear Cherry Bomb from now on I’m going to think of this day.

Went out on a boat on the Ohio River with my family today. Tied up to three other boats of our friends and their kids. We swam, fished andd grilled out. Stayed there all day in absolutely perfect early July weather. We cruised back to the dock at sunset. Then we drove home and stopped at that old school looking DQ for blizzard and dipped cones on highway 42.

You know what I put on for that drive from the boat dock to DQ to home? John Cougar Mellencamp, that’s who.

• R.O.C.K in the U.S.A
  • Lonely Ol’ Night
  • Cherry Bomb
  • Jack and Diane
  • Small Town
There aren’t five songs from anybody that could have hit better at that moment than those five I mentioned. In fact, when I hear Cherry Bomb from now on I’m going to think of this day.

Here’s a Blizzard hack that I just recently learned. You can get the cherry cone dip stuff in a blizzard. It’s a real game changer.

A bunch of tailgate tents are set up in the parking lot at Kroger field. I’m trying to remember if it was this early last year? It seems like it gets a little bit earlier every year.

Reactions: Col. Angus
A bunch of tailgate tents are set up in the parking lot at Kroger field. I’m trying to remember if it was this early last year? It seems like it gets a little bit earlier every year.
Is this a company setting them up? Show up to lot and no grass available is not ideal, given how early we get there.

These are regular people’s pop-up tent frames. There’s still plenty of space, but I guess they just want to claim territory,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT