ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

-I’d be willing to bet “old” firefighters didn’t train at a young age and through their 20/30s the way people do now as well though.

Not to say it’s not a literally back breaking job <—that’s actually why I’d enjoy it, physical torture is fun for me.

I’m not against Randy in Lochloosa either by any means, I’m simply saying the process to pick who gets a spot in our Firehouses should maybe be more vetted than the same exact basic lottery system people use to purchase Phish tickets. 🤷‍♂️

If you’re picking a cop would you give a trained military vet and a random guy with zero background or education in the field the same shot?

You tell them you can turn a mile run into a half mara and put out 10 fires on the way?

Reactions: roguemocha
My grandfather was the 1st Fire Chief in our town. My father was the 2nd. I will not be the 3rd.

Small volunteer department with no obvious physical requirements would be the way to go for most people. Unfortunately unless you live in a small town that isn’t an option. It seems like they spend an inordinate amount of time training only to go out on wrecks and false alarms but on the other hand you get to drive a Fire Truck and every now and then something really exciting happens. Plus chicks dig firemen, so you’ve got that going for you.

-In the market for a pellet grill.
* Got the Weber SmokeFire as a gift last month. Zero issues with it and just smoked a 3.5# whole chicken at 225 yesterday. Brisket next now that it is broken in.

* Watching college baseball and I always wonder how much the product would be effected if they had to use wooden bats? The strike zone is already comical. If hitters couldn't make *ping* contact, would it be worth tuning in?

* Several once attractive east end housewives at my gym have taken the Ozempic poke and they look 100x worse than when they started - skeletor face, pancake ass, front court shrunken, all muscle tone gone. If you or someone you know is using that or Mounjaro, be sure you're getting 75% of your target body weight in protein as well as exercise. Stuff will lay waste to muscle and bone as well as fat if you aren’t disciplined.

- Didn’t the NBA used to televise their draft ping pong event? Putting it on Mother’s Day with two playoff games seems like a missed opportunity for mid-week prime time marketing of the league. Maybe take some lessons from the Shield who’s got 3 networks covering a stupid schedule release this Wednesday.

- In Philly all week for work, thus missing Valhalla but sparing my credit card a serious beating at the pro shop.

- Seamheads, how do the chips need to fall for the Bat Cats to host a Super Regional, or is that off the table?

Just wanted to note it’s 75% of your target body weight in GRAMS of protein. Bonzo over here telling people that wanna weight 200 pounds to eat 150 pounds of protein.

That may not be the secret to #health.

• Haha
Reactions: bbonds
Several once attractive east end housewives at my gym have taken the Ozempic poke and they look 100x worse than when they started - skeletor face, pancake ass, front court shrunken, all muscle tone gone. If you or someone you know is using that or Mounjaro, be sure you're getting 75% of your target body weight in protein as well as exercise. Stuff will lay waste to muscle and bone as well as fat if you aren’t disciplined.
I'm going to see if I can pitch Fairlife on putting a current photo of Sharon Osbourne on their bottles to let hens know what happens when they get on that shit and don't do the actual stuff that causes the results anyway.

And, seriously, WTF is Sharon Osbourne still on tv? She currently looks like the lovechild of the Grim Reaper and Ginger Spice.

* Several once attractive east end housewives at my gym have taken the Ozempic poke and they look 100x worse than when they started - skeletor face, pancake ass, front court shrunken, all muscle tone gone. If you or someone you know is using that or Mounjaro, be sure you're getting 75% of your target body weight in protein as well as exercise. Stuff will lay waste to muscle and bone as well as fat if you aren’t disciplined.

Taylor Swift?

• Haha
Reactions: justa and Bonzo Cat
Good point, Max. I tend to forget there are many people who blindly inject themselves with experimental drugs without reading the fine print first.
Next thing you know these folks are eating half a cow for lunch and you gotta deal with gym meat farts so really I’m just looking out for you.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
Just keep landing these stud, versatile, sweet shooting white boys. I’m eating this stuff up. Get these honks to campus and that first week of frat/sorority rush, dorm move in, starting classes, etc is gonna be one bomb ass Rumspringa.

Reactions: NW50 and Col. Angus
-What type of world do we live in when you can't even relax in a hammock on a NYC public bus?

-In the market for a pellet grill. Anyone using the Recteq, that's where I'm leaning? Looking at WoodWind, Traeger, Weber and Recteq. Pro tip, don't leave your pellet gril uncovered. The auger was basically cemented in there.

-Lol @ Florida Fans being big mad. EAD Gators. Let's go win the SEC.

-Spent most of Nate watching effing gamechanger. Walk off win over a heated rival. His Dad was awesome. Hearing him tear up while talking about his Son's success was a really neat moment. The Water Company story is an all timer.

-Plan to make it up to HALLA one day this week but the forecast is not great for the days I'm supposed to be going.

-2 Mill for Great. Another instance of that #CardDeclined.

-Almonor the next Boom?
Recteq has been great for me. No, it’s not going to give you the smoke flavor of an offset wood smoker, but you already know that.

If you’re in the market specifically for pellet, Recteq is a great product for the price.

- smelly poosay deodorant commercials are bad, but those sono Bello commercials with the flabby cows in paper bikinis makes me want to hurl

- rogue doesn't have the mustache game to be a fireman IMO

- glad that CMP bowed out of that Great Osobar nonsense early

- something in the air is messing with me bad. I've never really had any allergies in my life before, but all of a sudden I'm a snotty mess with a headache

- Bat Cats have been a blast to watch this season. Seeing the gaytor fans get so bent was awesome!

- in the early stages of planning a Disney trip. That mouse is greedy AF.

Unless I'm looking at them wrong, the cheaper RecTeq versions don't seem to have an open flame/sear option? That's a no-go for me.

I bought a CampChef and the thing is defective AF. Anyone want it?

Unless I'm looking at them wrong, the cheaper RecTeq versions don't seem to have an open flame/sear option? That's a no-go for me.

I bought a CampChef and the thing is defective AF. Anyone want it?
Rectec gets to 700, so you can get some sear grates, and an easy fix is a sear gun.

Had a camp chef and I'm probably not going to go back with one even though I have a sear box for it.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Yes please. It would be nice to add a 30 year old to the team next year. (didn't care for that long "two" he took from the elbow though. No place for that here.)

Is Ansley Almonor the veteran Pope would consider redshirting?

“Well, we’re at 10 scholarships right now. I have two really, really important pieces I have to add,” Pope said. “And then I have a 13th scholarship to kinda be a floating piece that, the way we envision it is it could be a place for a young player, it could be a place for a more senior player that is going to take a redshirt year, it could be a place for you know a project, or it could be a place for like a, you know, maybe a high-risk guy. So that’s kind of how we’re seeing it. We’re really dialed in on filling these last two spots as a priority right now.”

Last edited:
I have a camp chef woodwind, my buddy has a recteq. The camp chef is more versatile but the user interface for the recteq is awesome (it actually works). I just couldn’t get past the bull horns and nose ring. Check out the Traeger Timberline XL I don’t know anything about them but it looks nice.

Makin my rounds all over town unintentionally (meant to just go a mile lol)

5 y/o Creeksman's Top 5 Country Songs:
The Fireman
Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys
Elvira
Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On
The Mississippi Squirrel Revival

You wanna talk about a long, unintentional walk. Circa 1982, two friends and I were heading south on I-75, and we'd all dosed about 45 minutes before. Well, we ran out of gas, right in the middle of the Clays Ferry Bridge. The come up was already gaining steam. And we had to walk to that podunk gas station a few miles up the road, (and up that hill) with a gas can. It felt like that bridge was swaying 3 or 4 feet whenever a truck blew by us.

The trip back, already well into the peak, was terrifying. LOL

Reed measured w/out shoes at 6'1 3/4. Apparently Bronny James was listed at 6'4 but measured 6'1, Lol.

Kid in black shirt is already struggling.

If I was a betting man I’d say bottom right of screen is the favorite, guy on the left with the hat is a clear class below, and black shirt is the underdog in terms of live betting 11 minutes in.

Hold up backwards hat is making a move while bottom right appears to be hitting a slight wall

thriftyspeedyichthyostega-small-gif.34052

There were literally posters on this board trying to argue that Reed Sheppard would come back to UK for a second season because of all the NIL money he’d be making.

Lol

Pick 4: $7.3 million

I think marketing folx are going to fall in love with this kid. He’s got the aw shucks, clean cut, dopey personality of the Manning boys and advertisers will eat it up. Holy s*** he’s gonna be fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT