ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Funny but sad, but mostly hilarious story from my daughter.

Riding home yesterday a commercial came on about Mother's day.

The commercial said, "Fellas, make sure to treat your Mothers, Mothers-in-law, Grandmother's, and wives to something special, Sunday."

Shaking her head, she looks over at me and says, "Sorry Dad, 0-4 on that one."

Laughed as hard as I could. Little shit.

Don’t let them yank your chain @roguemocha. As a former smoker, alcoholic and small time 5k running enthusiast I applaud your effort and I for one enjoy your trials, tribulations and take down of both Miles and MILF’s. Keep up the good work and seriously, please dont get shot in the South Side tonight.

Life with a 4 year old diabetic:

We usually do the same thing for lunch every day which includes a pack of peanut butter ritz crackers, his choice, easy, 23 carbs. When we got back from the hospital we bought a 20 pack from Sam’s and they were eaten no problem. When we got to the end of the box we got an 8 pack from Kroger on our weekly trip. He started complaining that they were different even though we showed him they were the same brand and everything. He ate them begrudgingly and insists they’re different.

We eventually go back to Sam’s and load up on the ones he likes and those mf’s ARE different. Completely different cracker and an additional carb.

F*** you Ritz.

Not trying to be a critic here because I recognize this as we did the same, but if your son is Type 1 you don’t have to be that regimented.

We were originally but it made our son feel weird and outcasted as he was being asked to eat “different”. Then when he was in school he was scared/embarrassed to check his blood sugar with a glucometer and this was after we realized the school nurse was insufficiently dosing him anyway so we moved to being able to dose him ourselves.

When we finally caved it was a huge learning curve that all carbs aren’t equal. Jellies, donuts, pop tarts, condiments are the drivers of big spikes but bread, pasta and rice weren’t as bad and fit inside their carb equations.

Our son legit broke down and was in tears screaming he hated diabetes and just wanted to be like the other kids.

I say all this only to prepare you because our son was all over it at a younger age and due to school influences it got harder and harder to manage so being super regimented could have a reverse effect.

Eventually we have met most of our sons friends and they all know how he is and they help remind him which was a really cool thing to us. Meeting his girlfriend tonight after their 8th grade dance……..which he swears they are just friends(eyeroll). She apparently is very helpful with him too.

“Accidentally” ran a timed, exactly 13.1 miler. Do it all the time.
Haha well I always time my one mile runs so I was doing that anyway. Then kept going till I decided at 3 miles to go for 5, then saw the Sears tower and ran to it, then since I was at 8 miles I said, well never run ten miles in my life so let’s do that.

By the time I was at 9.5 I knew I was going for the half marathon and wasn’t stopping.

It honestly did “just happen”.

Oh we’re not regimented. He’s just a 4 year old who will only eat about 10 things total. We offer him whatever he wants, within reason, for breakfast lunch and dinner and just dose for it.

The only real difference now is instead of goldfish and fruit gummies for snacks he gets cheese sticks and sugar free jello.

Funny but sad, but mostly hilarious story from my daughter.

Riding home yesterday a commercial came on about Mother's day.

The commercial said, "Fellas, make sure to treat your Mothers, Mothers-in-law, Grandmother's, and wives to something special, Sunday."

Shaking her head, she looks over at me and says, "Sorry Dad, 0-4 on that one."

Laughed as hard as I could. Little shit.
Want me to go with you to egg the junk man's house on Sunday AM? That would be a nice gift.

My riding mower of 25+ years is getting to the point that I have to do constant maintenance. It has been a great mower and still runs okay just everything on it is wearing out and I am growing tired of spending constantly. Anyway I have been doing some looking and like the looks of the Gravely ZT X48. I don't have a yard big enough to get a $7,500-10,000 commercial grade mower and this seems like a well built mower and it has transaxles that the oil can be changed. Just wondering if any of you guys have experience with Gravely.

My riding mower of 25+ years is getting to the point that I have to do constant maintenance. It has been a great mower and still runs okay just everything on it is wearing out and I am growing tired of spending constantly. Anyway I have been doing some looking and like the looks of the Gravely ZT X48. I don't have a yard big enough to get a $7,500-10,000 commercial grade mower and this seems like a well built mower and it has transaxles that the oil can be changed. Just wondering if any of you guys have experience with Gravely.
Can't go wrong with Gravely, but my choice was Skag.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
Plus, he's a beast - 6' 7" and around 220

Also, Donovan told the press today, that he's not interested in the UK job.
97d0f87b-daf1-4d56-81a9-e55cab95f05f_text.gif

Reactions: HymanKaplan
He's turning out to be everything I thought he'd be. I cannot wait to watch him take his act on the SEC road next year. It's going to be pay per view worthy. I'll lay 20 bucks right now, that at some point, he'll have opposing fans throwing things.
Looking forward to the possibility of a recreation of the Marshall Henderson at Auburn photo.

Only ass kicking I saw last night was the Larabie coach about to get worked over in front of his own team by Coach Taylor.

I feel like some people around here are undertraining AND underperforming.

Leagle, at my current rate of progression, you should’ve won the last 4 Olympics as much as you run.

Hate to see wasted talent like that man.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT