ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

-Pretty well documented I've lost the love for beer. Not sure when it happened but even 2 light beers and I feel like I've eaten a loaf of bread. Don't get that as much drinking a nooner even though I know it's basically antifreeze. I'm not the only one, several around here have said the same thing. I like a well made Manhattan, mojito, or a fruity drink. Other than that it's bourbon or wine 99% of the time.

-BBdk is way more correct than WCC. How many proven shooters came in and all the sudden shrunk under pressure? He had Willis so mindf*cked he never had a chance.

-Haven't really looked into the pieces yet but I love being older. Need to mix in some athletes, imo. I love he's focused on proven defenders. Regardless, he's gonna put a top 25 squad out there. I saw some analytics has us projected around 15 right now, with at least 2-3 impact players left to add. That will get the program headed in the right direction. Build a solid foundation for the future.

-Sounds like they're getting closer to the new structure for college athletics. Rumors of 17-22M for the SEC/Big Ten schools. ACC/Big12 are gonna take less and likely be left out. Cue the mad scramble to get in the big 2, maybe they can combine to form a decent 3rd conference. Have a feeling the monster college coaching contracts are gonna slow down. Hell, we were spending >20m on coaches last season. Some schools will definitely prioritize one sport over the others. Our next AD hire is a really important one.

-^Kirby just got 13m x 10 years. Lol.

-Wouldn't be a proper Derby without rain and storms in the forecast. Hopefully that sun pops out right before the playing of MOKH.

-Speaking of MOKH, 4th graders at our school sang the full version last week. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

-"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.... Think about it."

Last edited:
- $13M for Kirby is a bargain. Dead serious.

- I still love beer. If I’m really getting after it outside in the summer months, I’m fine if a Nooner is an option. That said, I lean strongly toward hopping on the domesto or cerveza train.

- Monk wasn’t mindF’d that game. Hit the shot, Willis. I’ll die on this hill.

I have come off the IPA craft beer train. Those things are too torturous… beer is now used solely as a stomach liner for the incoming high proof barrage. Enjoy a creamy Guinness, Shiner Bock and a Miller High Life. That’s about it lately.

Negronis, Boulevardiers, Old Fashioneds and various cocktails have entered the arena. Can’t deal with many cocktails requiring simple syrup… too sweet. Campari has a shit ton of viscosity & sugar, but it isn’t sweet. Sneaky shit.

My kid is currently driving to NJ from Lex. Kid crushed his grades to maintain his performance scholarship. I’m so nervous tracking his ass on Life360°. He’s in Maryland I-68… my favorite driving stretch on the east coast.

He is also bringing the OldFitz 25 Anny 13-year that he sat on line for me. Sheewwwee.

Deck is ready to roll. Outdoor drankin’ szn.

- Willis, Herro, Murray, WCS, and now Sheppard are on my “cmon you gash” last game tainted shit list. Sorry not sorry but you went out like a bitch.

-I’ve always hated beer. To the point where I would play with whiskey or vodka in beer pong in college, which was a miserable idea. The only ones I consistently like are Guinness, Pacifico, Blue Moon, or a shandy. Triples at brewery are my go to because they have like 15% ABV so I only have to drink like 2. High Noons are great.

-I finally closed on my business sale. Was 1.5 years of pure hell and the 100 day closing period was a nightmare. Yet to be determined if this will slow down my drinking. God Bless America and the opportunity this country gave me and my family, there is no better place in the world and I’m forever grateful my father had the balls to move his entire family here when he was 50, what a damn stud.

-Hard not to feel pure joy about the bball program right now, Derby coming, pool szn, warm weather. Play it loudly boys, embrace it, let this be the theme that guides us all:

Last edited:
Cawood, you might have trouble with that parking plan for the PGA.

“No walking, biking, or electric scooters will be permitted on Shelbyville Road for safety purposes. There is no public parking, drop-offs, or walk-ins at or around Valhalla During Championship Week.”

I live close and hated that I had to drive to the fairgrounds and get on a bus to go right back home

It takes a special player to be able to play freely when a grown man is yelling at you/ teammates for 40 minutes. Lamb, Knight, Fox, Monk and Miller all managed it well. The other 50-75 players not so much.

This year was comical. When teams were lighting us up. He would just say “they’re shooting out of their minds. They can’t keep that up.”

Heard that way more than any actual coaching.

I will second the I-68 love. Smooth stretches of highway. Beautiful vistas.

To be able to pay someone to cut your grass, opening up free time elsewhere is well worth it. It is not lazy. If you enjoy it, so be it but with age comes aches, pains, and things I would rather do than cut my grass, change my oil, wash my car. Someone is willing to fill that void and I am willing to pay.

Need a full fledged rim rocker, athletes as someone mentioned.

May you all have winning tickets this weekend.

They said the same thing last time and I walked in with no issue. If they're making me go to the Fairgrounds I'm just gonna give my tickets away. I only have like 10-3 to be there. Not spending 2 hours of it on a bus.
There is an Uber/Lyft drop off spot.

Everything is corporatized any more.

Some roster thoughts:

- Roster isn’t finished yet. We have a staff of hustlers. Who knows what may happen with some of these dudes sniffing around the draft.

- Whether you agree or not, Pope obviously has a method to his madness. He’s made that very clear- it’s analytically based on the type of system he wants to run. Plus, he wants a great locker room.

- PG/one-on-one “get a bucket” guys aren’t as valuable in Pope’s system. His system values passing, smarts, movement, spacing and shooting. Think about our roster in that regard.
- All 3 big men can pass the ball well.

- We have some deadeyes - Brea, Kriisa, Carr, Perry.

- Superstars in the way we think about them just aren’t winning championships these days. Veteran squads are. We’re very old.

- Even though they’re old, these dudes aren’t finished products. Good players routinely make the leap to “really good” all the time in college basketball. Who’s to say one of our good transfers doesn’t become great this year?

- Then there’s Chandler. He’s a really good talent- and fits what we apparently lack- good off the bounce, bucket-getter. Maybe he is outstanding.
It's nice to see actual thought going into roster construction, an attempt to balance roles, experience, and eligibility. The staff has done a phenomenal job when you consider the late start.

It's nice to see actual thought going into roster construction, an attempt to balance roles, experience, and eligibility. The staff has done a phenomenal job when you consider the late start.
Couldn't agree more. Say we only add Robinson, then look at this roster.

Williams
Carr
Garrison
Robinson
Kerr
Butler
Brea
Oweh
Chandler
Perry

I don't care what anyone says, that's a damn good squad. We have experience, size, shooting, defense, versatility and even potential for a foundation in year 2 (Chandler, Perry, Oweh, Garrison).

People may say it lacks star power, but everyone has star potential on a given night. I'm pretty sure everyone on this team who has played college basketball has more than one 20 point outing to their credit. Each game could be a different guy, especially in Pope's offense.

But as Chad alluded to earlier, Chandler is the true wildcard. He has star potential and could very well be our best player by season's end.

So - I'm volunteering that week and this is straight out of the volunteer manual - would 'assume' it applies to patrons as well:

'There will be no public parking, drop-offs, or walk-ins at Valhalla Golf Club during Championship Week.'

Reactions: cawoodsct
So - I'm volunteering that week and this is straight out of the volunteer manual - would 'assume' it applies to patrons as well:

'There will be no public parking, drop-offs, or walk-ins at Valhalla Golf Club during Championship Week.'

You would have to know where the rideshare lot is and/or where the main bus drop off is in order to get thru security if you are walking from nearby, and go to those spots. I guess cawood thinks he is just going to stroll up like he has a tee time at Connemara.

That is something that will scare away the rookies and make it much easier for us vets to stroll right in.

That is something that will scare away the rookies and make it much easier for us vets to stroll right in.

Yeah...you go ahead and stroll right in.

Btw....practice rounds are before the tourney....take your clubs and I am sure you can stroll right in and get in a quick 9.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT