ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I’ve been wondering about the fit with Osobor and Williams. Obviously would take him but Carr can also play the 5.

Need some guys who can bounce it now - assuming Brea is also on board.

But good team makeup. Wayne’s right about star power but I’d prefer a well-thought out, balanced roster than stars that don’t make sense together.

I’m hoping for a top 4 seed and a sweet 16 run next season. 2026 is when I’m going to go full bore title or bust. So I’ll worry about title team makeup then. Right now, we need a sweet 16 roster. And if we land Brea I think we got it.

I want fun basketball, a connection to the players again, the team acting like they enjoy being here, and a coach that seems like he’s enjoying it and connected to the fan base. If we keep improving and looking good and knocking on the door I’m not giving a title or bust thought. I was sticking with Cal even in the beginning of this year after 10 years of not even a 1 seed.

If anyone has learned anything, it’s that nobody has any clue wtf Pope & co are up to until it’s basically finished.

Any pre-scoop is coming from competing teams for these dudes, not UK. Staff is stealthy AF.
The players we are landing are, in and of themselves, completely different than what we initially expected. When we landed Pope, we thought we would have about 4 BYU players / Mormons (chiefly some combo of Hall, Aly, Saunders, or Robinson) to add to a ton of offensive talent.

LOL NOPE

Instead we've gone huge and heavily weighted toward defense. If this was Cal --> I'd be PISSED with this haul. For Pope, who is supposed to be an offensive wunderkind, it is an intriguing collection of talent. It certainly looks like they are handpicking guys for roles and explicitly avoiding guys who are trying to create bidding wars. They also seem to be intentionally keeping some of their biggest targets off campus.

Just need to land two or three legit hombres and a shooting guard to complete the roster, imo. And I CLEARLY know nothing about what the hell Pope is doing at current.

Maxey with a Reggie Miller esque 45 second single handed comeback to push an overtime.

Man, if Calipari stayed this coming year it was going to be a full-on sh!tshow. Attendance was going to be down. Fans weren't going to travel. He was going to underachieve once again with superior talent. Calipari was going to get more bitter, and the final year of Calipari's tenure was going to go south in a bad, bad way. He was going to get fired, possibly even before the season was over.

I thank the basketball gods that Calipari was egotistical enough, intoxicated on his own farts enough, to perceive our fandom and expectations as the problem rather than himself and jumped into the welcoming arms of Arkansas. Thank you Calipari, and thank you Arkansas, for being jointly delusional enough, to believe that your collective farts smell like perfume.

I hope he drops a real fat mud pie while he’s walking and he doesn’t realize it until he’s dripping mud pie chunks out his leg and his dog steps in it and he bends over to try to clean it and falls in it and then it’s all over his dog, his dog stroller, and him.

Drake-wheelchair-1688583080.jpg

-Having that MLB 4 game screen on for a quick game of Risk or any baseball game by itself with a book is a darn nice nightcap to an evening.

-BEE 🐝 delay the diamondbacks game was fun to watch.

-Spotify, can I get a black screen for my binaural beats sleep on my TV app please?

-The Suns man, great pieces, no pie.

-it’s going to be weird when we stop adding players and coaches as every day there’s been something.

What an off season.

-Been saying Kendrick was overrated. Slowly talking over Dre beats isn’t really rapping, I think he’s into spoken word it appears.

Worked until almost 2 am on Monday, came back in at 10am and still haven't left. Not even a 5 minute nap. Started hitting me about 20 minutes ago. Just chugged a 5-hr Energy. Wish I had some Jack3d.

Hope to leave by lunch, take a nap and then finish a painting I've been working on that is going to be one of the silent auction items at the Bourbon Derby.

Effing insane.

I wanted Great O, but I'm starting to really like my team. Still missing some key ingredients, but we're getting there.

Get those bourbon raffle chances, people! 2 days left.

ckmf2024.givesmart.com

Have yourselves a day!

-I know, I shouldn't be as concerned with Cal U, but you get out of a 15 year relationship that ended poorly, and you're gonna still think about them. In ONE DAY, he said, "It's the University of Calipari" and they offered 1 million(allegedly) to the top portal players who openly admitted he really wants to go pro. So they're gonna be waiting, for a dude that doesn't want to be there, to make a decision in a couple months. I almost have anxiety just thinking about the scenario where Cal U is still located in Lexington for next season.

Meanwhile... we passed on at least 1 pretty good player, while he was still on f*cking campus, because he wouldn't commit in a timely fashion. To say that's refreshing would be underselling the emotion.

-Sounds like Brea is committed. Guess just waiting to give him full attention. Love it. #BOOM

-Who gonna run point? When is Jaxson on board? Leggo.

-Euphoria was really good. Actually, after several listens it's closer than my initial reaction. Not to mention the awkward 2 week delay. The new age diss-tracks are just too nice. Plus, it used a lot of the same sh*t Pusha used. Still give the nod to Kdot but it wasn't a TKO.

2 Pac: “Street Science, you’re on the air. What do you feel when you hear a record like 2Pac’s new one?” “I love 2Pac’s new record.” “Right, but don’t you feel like that creates uh tension between East and West? I mean, he’s talking about killing people, ‘I had sex with your wife’ — and not in those words. But he’s talking about, ‘I wanna see you deceased’…"

So, Aubrey... Kendrick, let's either stop with the pillow fight or move on and start making great albums like it's the early teens.

-Storms in the forecast for Derby... you don't say.

-All these "protestors" wearing masks is just the chef's kiss for me. What a bunch of flabby, pale, losers.

-So PAT is really gonna ride with the Michael "Squints" Palledorous look? What an absolutely perfect goon for that place.

Last edited:
- Just amazing the different feel for UK basketball today, as compared to a month ago.

- There is genuine excitement for coaching, possible wins, and good basketball. Not for Calipari U.

- And that is the ultimate and final slap in the face as far as I am concerned. Calipari is long gone for me and even an NIT season next year will still be worth it.

- Man these kids on college campuses. Just wow.

- Celtics rolling, Red Sox exceeding expectations, Bruins trying not to lose 3 in a row like last year.

- Birthday month, and Scotland golf trip 2 months away. LFG!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT