ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Any 6'6 guard who is nothing more than a YMCA 3P shooter and only got to the line 23 times combined the last 2 years needs his game fixed. Doesn't matter if he shoots 50% or not...that is a waste. Shepp got to the line 65 times at least.

Look, I'm not trying to be a downer, but Koby Brea just finished his 4th year at Dayton where he averaged 11 pts per game. Yes, he shoots at a high percentage. We need that. He'll help space the floor. So I love that we got him.

All that said: do we have any legit NBA talent on this team? Do we have a go-to guy? I bring this up because if you look at NCAA championship teams, they almost always have a few guys who go onto the NBA.

Any 6'6 guard who is nothing more than a YMCA 3P shooter and only got to the line 23 times combined the last 2 years needs his game fixed. Doesn't matter if he shoots 50% or not...that is a waste. Shepp got to the line 65 times at least.
Wish your dad had gotten fixed before he spawned you into your slovenly existence.

Look, I'm not trying to be a downer, but Koby Brea just finished his 4th year at Dayton where he averaged 11 pts per game. Yes, he shoots at a high percentage. We need that. He'll help space the floor. So I love that we got him.

All that said: do we have any legit NBA talent on this team? Do we have a go-to guy? I bring this up because if you look at NCAA championship teams, they almost always have a few guys who go onto the NBA.

Rogue Dougan,

The last 5 champions had ONE
Five Star player in the entire rotation. Stop being dense. I’m sick and tired of most five star snot nose brats/handlers/parents.

Cody gets it. That mofo will fit in perfect around here.

Wayne, you’re mediocre at basketball. <- there I said it.

You smoked some other mediocre kids at a park? Wow! You could def play on the WNBA practice team then, for shern.

Not being ass at all just saying everyone in here is/was probably decent at ball. But just like driving, we all think we’re great at it and everyone else is blah.

-And yes, who expected NBA talent on this squad we have to put together with transfers and all the great players already committed with a first year coach many kids haven’t heard of?

Slow down everyone. It’s like month one of his tenure.

• Love
Reactions: WayneDougan

Brea’s final five school list was UNC, Duke, Kansas, UCONN, and Kentucky. He’s the best 3 pt shooter in the country. Pope has had a full recruiting staff for 4 days. He’s trying to establish a new culture and it will take more than 2 weeks for him to assemble a championship roster in his first year. There really isn’t any negative to getting this guy unless you’re twisting yourself into a pretzel to find it.

Rogue Dougan,

The last 5 champions had ONE
Five Star player in the entire rotation. Stop being dense. I’m sick and tired of most five star snot nose brats/handlers/parents.

Cody gets it. That mofo will fit in perfect around here.
WildcatBradyJ - I'm not complaining about Pope or asking for a bunch of 5-stars. I'm asking who is going to be our go-to guy.

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha
^
Jaxson

Or maybe they are scouting the Owl Creek Rec League.

I’ve been hearing Osobors name the most since Pope has been here and he’s currently at UK on his visit. So that would be odd timing for him to be out but who knows

Unless he's giving a TED talk on sounding like the basis of your nutritional pyramid is minerals, I'm taking everything Goodman says with a metric shit ton of salt.

He's about as inside as the rest of us.

I usually ignore UKO, but this is some next-level buffoonery.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
UKO is just like his overlord. Just say a bunch of stupid shit until something sticks. Never defend any of your ridiculously ignorant takes (can shoot if open, Elly sucks, etc.) and always maintain an unjustified sense of superiority.

He's projecting.

UKO seems to have a humiliation fetish. He absolutely has to be getting off by getting verbally shit on by anyone he encounters on the internet. I can't think of any other explanation that would make someone continue to post all over the web the way he does.

It's Bourbon Derby time!

Most of you know I lost a good friend, Chris Krentz, unexpectedly a little over 4 years ago. Some other friends and I started a Memorial Fund in his name that helps take care of his family, gives scholarships to Gateway Community & Technical College, supports veterans and The Barracks Project and provides food, clothing and Christmas presents for families in need in NKY (Bellevue and Scott school districts).

The Bourbon Derby is our big fundraiser. This bourbon raffle features 100 bottles of bourbon and there will be 56 winners! Winner #1 gets prize #1, etc. until 56 winners have been drawn. $10 donation/chance.

The event itself is at Braxton's in Covington, this Friday from 7-11. Event tickets are still available for $100. You don't have to go to enter the Derby.

We aren't shipping prizes to winners this year, but I will bring them to Lexington or Louisville if anyone here wins. Greater Cincy people can just pick them up whenever.

There are also silent auction items.

Get raffle tix, event tix and silent auction bidding here...

ckmf2024.GiveSmart.com

Here are the Bourbon Derby prizes...

oTT20TT.jpg

h6ji8HM.jpg

Thank you and good luck!

UKO seems to have a humiliation fetish. He absolutely has to be getting off by getting verbally shit on by anyone he encounters on the internet. I can't think of any other explanation that would make someone continue to post all over the web the way he does.
You mean like Hitler wanting Eva Braun to urinate him?

Reactions: Hank Camacho
- Ive told this in here before but I played against a girl / woman (dont remember her name she played at UK) at the JC that was drafted 12th into the WNBA. Previously I had played against girls that would go on to play at WKU and they were just like any other girl that ever stepped onto the court with men. The one that was drafted 12 would actually try to box out, had a little size on her, probably 6'2, and she would try to match the physicality of the men but make no mistake she was getting cooked in the JC on courts 1 and 2. She eventually made her way down to court 3 or 4 and that was more her speed.

Any decent - good high school player could more than hold their own on a WNBA practice squad. Now if Catlyn is bombing threes from the volleyball line obviously not much defense you can do to stop that, but there arent many versions of her in the W.

On a related note, Jared Carter made his way in a couple times and not only lost but didnt get picked up when the group that had next only had 4.

Purry Stevenson went off the backboard to himself like three possessions in a row.

Reactions: roguemocha and NW50
WildcatBradyJ - I'm not complaining about Pope or asking for a bunch of 5-stars. I'm asking who is going to be our go-to guy.
Go to guy could end up being Javon Small or Jordan Ivy-Curry.

The thing is though Pope’s offense doesn’t need one. They hunt transition 3s and 3s and layups out of the halfcourt zoom action sets.

He’ll tweak the offense to fit his personnel. Brea was the best catch and shoot player in the country last year. Carr, Oweh and Butler were all good at that too.

They will add one more shooter, plus likely Robinson, another big and another pg. Hopefully the pg is Small, Ivy-Curry or Hawkins.

I think Brea will go up to about 14 ppg, Butler to 12 ppg and Carr to 14 ppg because the system will get them more looks that fit their strengths. Butler eats on layups for example.

- If Daryn Peterson does reclass our “go-to” could very well be a FR.

- As with everything college basketball anymore everything can change so who knows who is NBA level or not. That league is also wanting older more seasoned players unless it is simply can’t pass up potential.

Brea as a Steve Kerr type floor spacer, Williams and Garrison both have the athleticism and agility, and the biggest thing they will all have is a spotlight at UK they haven’t had yet. That very well could be the boost they need if they produce.

We should be preseason Top 10 at this point.

- My plumber showed me how a sub can make or break a job. 1 day and sewer was in and rough plumbing done and inspected. 1 freaking day! Dude was all over it.

- Walker as an early Top 5 NFL projection? Several other NFL quality talents all over the field? Stoops is rolling!

- Jersey Mikes Italian sandwich was solid. Their definitely better than Jimmy John’s and Subway as far chain sandwich spots.

Lotsa Potsa you say? That’s next.

- College kids are out of school already for Spring semester. WTF is this? I can’t be the only parent wishing these wanna be adults weren’t already coming home.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT