ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Is the dog looking for 'dog/master bonding' or 'why is crazy SOB putting me through this again'? Or is waiting to see wait to see if he likes and you don't before he runs your ass out of the house...only fair and probably beyond time that the dog gets a chance to enjoy UK ball?

-Dear baby Jesus I want pope to mash the recruiting trail for the big boys next year to let everyone know we’re coming again. So many opposing fanbases are assuming we’re going to be trash.

IG has lots of trash-talking and kids laughing at us wondering who Mark F@&&@&@“G Pope is and saying enjoy your new coach. I hope we beat Ark by 40.

-Wait, a woman or girl wants you to personally pierce her nipple? Seems like I would want someone with experience do that.

Of course like many dudes, my buddies and I would put ice cubes on our ears then piece them for fun, never write an earring though.

-Biked 20+ miles yesterday and had a great time with Jackie Jessica Chan. Stopped and played in the ocean and hung out on the beach for a while before grabbing grouper caprese lunches

Body is just ridic, we’ll see, might just be friends that actually like going out and doing things or maybe she’s sly like a fox, all good either way.

-Most I’ve biked since Covid, felt great but new seat is necessary for those type rides.

Also made me want to ride my regular bike more than my ebike.

-That Pinellas Trail is nice. Dozens of miles of paved bike path with no car traffic minus a couple small intersections you can’t avoid.

-I thought Candace Parker did a really good job on the NCAAT broadcast team this year, won’t be mad if they bring her back since she’s retired. Respect gal, she was a beast.

Last edited:
I've watched enough portal highlights that my wife and dog have PTSD from hearing the muzak playing in those clips.
During the pandemic I was asked to help stream church service from my home pc. At a crucial point in a talk one of my open browser tabs on my second monitor decided to auto play a Ball is Life recruit video. My phone immediately began blowing up…lol

Conspiracy Theory 2754: Have you actually ever met a Brewers fan? Outside of Wisconsin, their fandom footprint must be limited to the Making of a Murderer crew. I call bullshit on the Brewers. If they go away, no one will give a crap. Robin Yount and Paul Molitor were dope, but Jeez they have zero history except a drunk muppet who slides into a beer after a homer… BFD.

-No doubt, brady, just look at how much we love Vince Marrow for his openness to the BBN. Both on socials and in public. He may have more job security than anyone on the damn campus. A little PR, for a info crazed fan base, goes so far. I think we're all gonna surprised how many little things, like allowing assistants to communicate with the fan base, we're going to enjoy rediscovering after we were held hostage the last 5-8 years. Bit weird still but such a huge weight lifted.

-AP.com is a Brewers fan in Lex.

-Still funny how smitten the national fan boys are with Pope and staff.

-Tornados this weekend were insane. Some of the most photogenic we've seen. Looked straight out of the movie Twister. Even had a semi dropped out of the sky and exploding. Some very sad scenes out there.

-First nice lil rides of the season. LFG.

-Bat Cats limping to the finish line. Need to find a way to win the series this weekend and regain the swagger.

-I love the portal.

-It's Derby Week!!

- Always had a soft spot for the Brewers. One of the earliest teams I remember was the '82 version that lost to the Cardinals in the World Series. That "Harvey's Wallbangers" crew had some characters...Rollie Fingers, Gorman Thomas, etc.

- Grant Hill is just as worthless on NBA broadcasts as he is on NCAA broadcasts. Maybe even moreso, because Raft isn't there to pull any personality out of him. Even Ian Eagle can't make him interesting.

- Watched a lot of Andrew Carr this year. He's a solid player and a great fit for the system. Really like the fact that in Carr, Oweh, and Butler, we're bringing in dudes who have already played in tough venues and/or big situations. They won't piss down their legs when the heat is on.

- Seriously....what are the Atlanta Falcons doing?

- How do you Reds fans feel about the radio duo of Thrall/Brantley? I listened to their call of the game yesterday and think they're pretty solid all the way around, but I only catch a few games a season.

- On that note, I love music and podcasts as much as the next guy, but on a long drive on a clear summer night, not much better than finding an MLB game on AM radio, especially if it's from a far-off, random city whose signal is coming through especially strong. Makes the drive seem that much faster.

- I hate the portal

- amazing what even a short weekend away from work and family obligations can do for an adult. If you aren’t taking a little break from your responsibilities every now and then, highly recommend doing so.

- Pretty pleased with the Bengals draft. High risk/high reward pick in the 1st round but by all accounts seemed to emphasize “freak athletes” in filling out their roster.

- we’re done with random cold snaps by now, right? I mean we made it to spring/summer, RIGHT?

- got home from FL yesterday and had a few hours before going out with the family and made myself mow the yard. Call me a boring ass dad, but not many better sights on a Monday morning than the sun hitting your freshly mowed and trimmed yard. That’s the dad version of LFG on a Monday morning

- does Elly De La Cruz suck yet?

*Very laid back (booze wise) weekend. Saving my energy for this week/weekend.

*Friday dinner at Tokyo. Great little spot off Brownsboro and Lime Kilm road. They have great sushi, fried rice, and hibachi...owned and operated by Mexicans. Bueno, I guess.

*Saturday consisted of getting ready for Thurby. I don't have anyone to dress me, so this process takes longer than it should. I see something, take a picture, send to my daughter, and then await a response. Most of them are "thumbs down." After three or four of rejection texts, I remembered I know someone that works at the Fashion Post that could help me out. She did, and it got my daughters stamp of approval.

Saturday night 4 of us enjoyed the weather and ate outside at Alchemy. Grilled porkchop topped with grilled shrimp and broccoli on the side. Washed it down with two glasses of Treana (Cab) B+.

*I couldn't sleep yesterday so I got up and walked 6 miles with the olds at 7 AM. It felt great. Got in another 4.5 later in the afternoon due to boredom. Feeling good, Louis!

*Have yet to lock in my Derby bet. As for now, I'll be adding Domestic Product to my teaser bets. Probably won't bet him to win, but I do like his finishing kick. Of course, this will probably change when I get the program.

*Anyone in here going to the Turf Club for Thurby? If so, holla.

*The portal is overwhelming, but awesome at the same time. I feel like a dog on a walk and there are squirrels around every other tree. Hard to concentrate at times.

*Rally House in the Paddock has become my go-to spot for UK gear. Their inventory rums the gamut from T's to Tommy Bahama/Johnny O's gear.

Back to Work Randoms

* 3 weeks out of the office and very little work to come back to which is a huge relief. Thankfully I had my computer at home and could take care of a lot of work.

* Kid got his glucose meter on Thursday, didn't even flinch we we put it on him like a champ. It's been a blessing and a curse, on one side, no more finger pricks, including in the middle of the night, and we've alerted to a couple lows with no symptoms but we also have continuous access to his numbers and its going to take some time to keep refreshing it all the time.

* Wife went to give her resignation to take care of him full time until he starts Kindergarten, her boss said take her computer home and help them out as much or as little as she wanted so she said yes, little bit of extra money coming in. A week later corporate said they're closing the branch in August, oh well.

* Love how the roster is coming together, it's hard to win a title with a brand new team patched together but we should be competitive. Add Osobor and 2 of Mahaney, Brea, and Robinson and we've got a hell of a squad.

* Pope's one question was getting elite high school kids and he's addressed that with assistants but we've got 2 built in elite guys with Moreno and Jasper Johnson next year. Good time to have guys like that in a state that doesn't always produce great talent.

* I know we should move on but I'm still catching up so I'm still cheering for Cal's downfall. Seeing Orlando, JQ, and potentially DJ not follow him makes me happy. He's only got 4 players right now, they'll probably get Burks, but they're only linked to a couple transfers. They're going to get to letting the cake bake very early.

* Related, tossed my Cal bobblehead this morning since it's my first time back.

* Between being in the hospital for 3 days (UK's cafeteria is so much worse than Baptist's), stress, worry, and now looking at nutrition guides and measuring the food in our house I'm down 15 pounds. Nice jump start to the Summer if nothing else.

* Always knew the baseball team was going to take a step back with the backloaded schedule, need to take a couple of these last 3 series to be in the drivers seat for a Super Regional.

* May is balls to the wall once you have kids in school, something every other day. Mothers Day events, field days, park days, end of year programs, end of year church programs, soccer ending, swimming starting, just a complete blur or running around until school is over.

Any word on Johnell Davis? There have been some rumors he's between UK and Arkansas but nothing from anyone I'd consider even mildly reliable.

For my money MeManBoy >>>>>>> that Xzyavier prick.

I saw Pope's comments on the Carr commitment. Pope mentioned that Carr has been a captain on every team he's ever been on (which I'm sure is BS but whatever). I'm not even sure we've had team captains since Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford pretended to listen to Billy Gillispie.

Kyle's been working on this joke for a while. 7/10 but props for a journalist channeling his inner English professor, I guess.

Last edited:
Observations:

- Happy Derby Week to those who celebrate! Can we nix that cute little phrase, "for those who celebrate"? It's always someone trying too hard to be cute. Had to get that out of my system. Thanks.

- For the first time in 26 years, I have no real Derby plans. I have really soured on the sport over the last couple of years. Yeah, these colts are juiced to the gills; but to numb them up to the point that they can't let you know they're physically compromised? That's a bridge too far.

It's been devastating to see horses breakdown mid-race and just topple ass over tea kettle. I watched one of the best sprinters in training (New York Thunder) breakdown before the wire at Saratoga back in the fall. That was the stuff nightmares are made of.

- Even still, Derby Week is all about hear no, see no, speak no.

- Though we weren't Louisvillians, my family always had something going down on Derby weekend. This will be the 4th Derby now without my dad or my mom. Cherish the time you spend with your loved ones, friends.

So . . . I haven't followed it closely at all this year. But from what little I've seen, Fierceness seems like the cream of this weak crop. Sierra Leone will be overbet. The Japan horses won't be close. The speed can't run with Fierceness for more than a 1/2 mile. I like any number of longshots to round out the exotics.

I particularly think Encino, Chasing Freedom, and Just a Touch have a good shot at a piece of the purse. There will be a ton of late runners trying to run down Fierceness. Who knows who will be able to get through?

- Give me Just FYI in the Oaks. I think the Oaks is a way more talented field from top to bottom. As meh as these young colts are, the 3 year old fillies can run!

/End Horse Racing Talk

- Every time I see a driver (usually an older man) back into a parking spot, I can't help but start reciting House of Pain: "Back it up, back it in. Let me begin. I came to win; battle me? That's a sin!" My teenage kids just LOVE it.

- I thought of a couple of other things more 90s than Icehouse beer and Rusted Root:
1) The movie P.C.U.
B. The movie So I Married an Axe Murderer
(sorry, BBdK)

- "From that point on the weekend became a vicious, drunken nightmare." Indeed, Hunter. Indeed.

3bHgHHL.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT