ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Don't worry, if some folks clamoring for Congress get their way, NIL and the portal will be fixed in no time. No chance the vipers in Washington could screw up college athletics.

Listen here, upper middle class Joe Rogan…

This isn’t political. It’s a fact. I trust the government about as much as Marc Maggard collecting subscription money to set up lunch meetings with Sky Walker. But the US Supreme enabled all of this with their unanimous decision in favor of NIL. The NCAA has been completely neutered and is scared shitless do do anything in fear that the Supreme Court and or Congress will then go back and say they should’ve made them employees decades ago and hence the NCAA owes the former athletes lost wages and or work comp. Hence why they have not done a damn thing and it’s the Wild West. The fact we need guardrails should be bipartisan and Congress will have to be the one that acts first.

^^ Braves have had two 2023 All Stars on the IL, their Cy Young hopeful out for the year, and still own the best record in the MLB.
Not only that, Matt Olson - their cleanup hitter and guy who hit 54 dingers last year hasn't had a hit since opening day basically.

Listen here, upper middle class Joe Rogan…

This isn’t political. It’s a fact. I trust the government about as much as Marc Maggard collecting subscription money to set up lunch meetings with Sky Walker. But the US Supreme enabled all of this with their unanimous decision in favor of NIL. The NCAA has been completely neutered and is scared shitless do do anything in fear that the Supreme Court and or Congress will then go back and say they should’ve made them employees decades ago and hence the NCAA owes the former athletes lost wages and or work comp. Hence why they have not done a damn thing and it’s the Wild West. The fact we need guardrails should be bipartisan and Congress will have to be the one that acts first.
To be fair, the Supreme Court didn’t do this, the NCAA did.

Basically most any time the courts get involved it’s because the party who actually should have been doing the thing just didn’t do the thing. So then lawyers and judges decide how they should do the thing, which is often a less than ideal way to do a thing, because lawyers and judges don’t know how to actually do things.

So now on top of that, legislators, who are also people who don’t usually know how to actually do things, are going to have to come up with rules to tell the NCAA how to do a thing they had decades to figure out to do on their own. But they didn’t, so here we are.

And that’s how #law works! Best system in the world!

Just make them employees. Sign the kids to contracts.

I get a kick out of the fact the schools ask the fans/boosters to subsidize all of this when the power 5 schools (especially the SEC & BIG Ten) are making crazy amounts of money off of the tv contracts, they operate with 9 figure budgets, give fired coaches generational wealth to go away and on and on.

^^ Braves have had two 2023 All Stars on the IL, their Cy Young hopeful out for the year, and still own the best record in the MLB.
So you are saying one of the best teams year in and year out along with one of the highest payrolls, has depth ? Big if true. USUALLY the good / smart teams in any pro sports build a team that can plug a bench player in and not lose much production. One exception to that is the Phoenix Suns. They thought it would be a really smart plan to spend a huge chunk of the salary cap on three players, leaving them with a couple below average starters and a bench that would make the G-League proud.

So you are saying one of the best teams year in and year out along with one of the highest payrolls, has depth ? Big if true. USUALLY the good / smart teams in any pro sports build a team that can plug a bench player in and not lose much production. One exception to that is the Phoenix Suns. They thought it would be a really smart plan to spend a huge chunk of the salary cap on three players, leaving them with a couple below average starters and a bench that would make the G-League proud.
For the love of God, please stop ruining this beautiful thread. Everytime you post it hurts my soul.

If he's gonna include a state in his Twitter handle, shouldn't that be NC?

KY doesn't claim him. Please don't embarrass the rest of us.

Holy $hit & pass the gravy -
My MAN - 'Hundred Cat!!

You don't often bump into old schoolers posters who possessed good enough vibes that = me being able to share my disturbing discoveries of tunnels under my back yard***

Damn, cuz - that was the same year I kicked off my "star, airplane or UFO" series of videos and pics ** -- like 2005-207ish?

Good to see you, 100Cat - hope you are bursting at the seams with wellness

** this was before i understand that sleep deprivation of 48 hrs or more WILL cause occular oscillations & hallucinations...ALL of the pics & videos were stars -- occasionally I found Jupiter -- but NONE were really swirling and diving through the sky as I believed

*** later proven to be an old well & I THINK portions of my own septic tank system + old shingles

Were you Hort Elvison? The “little pool house” thread was a thing of beauty and I think about it often.

I was not Hort
But I admired him from afar

AND - we did have similar tones and themes - you know -- sophisticated, cosmological & edge-sexy

I still say "I am SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW" because it was his early reaction to the tiny pool and the tiny fence and the sheer WONDER of who swam there -- then he silently stalked the place out of sheer joy😄😀😎

Holy $hit & pass the gravy -
My MAN - 'Hundred Cat!!

You don't often bump into old schoolers posters who possessed good enough vibes that = me being able to share my disturbing discoveries of tunnels under my back yard***

Damn, cuz - that was the same year I kicked off my "star, airplane or UFO" series of videos and pics ** -- like 2005-207ish?

Good to see you, 100Cat - hope you are bursting at the seams with wellness

** this was before i understand that sleep deprivation of 48 hrs or more WILL cause occular oscillations & hallucinations...ALL of the pics & videos were stars -- occasionally I found Jupiter -- but NONE were really swirling and diving through the sky as I believed

*** later proven to be an old well & I THINK portions of my own septic tank system + old shingles
😀 All good here, hope the same for you, my man!
Now that winning tournament games is going to be important again, hopefully we can meet up in the future. :oops:

All good here, hope the same for you, my man!
Now that winning tournament games is going to be important again, hopefully we can meet up in the future. :oops:

Oh hell yes -

We should plan for a Sugar Bowl within 3-4 yrs too - mark those words, Sir

Post Edited to remove the superfluous & unnecessarily weird bits

Last edited:
For the love of God, please stop ruining this beautiful thread. Everytime you post it hurts my soul.
Great contribution. Quit whoring yourself out for likes. Also, keep quoting me and I will keep hurting your soul, not taking shit from a bitch such as yourself. Best to just skip over my post, if someone talks shit, I will gladly respond.

Good to know it doesn't matter who the GM of the Raiders is, they're still gonna make head scratching picks in the 1st round.

Reactions: GrandePdre
This roster is quite possible

Oweh
Smith
Robinson
Osobor
Williams
Carr
Atiki
Saunders
Chandler
Stojakovic
Perry

That is a title contender! And it's attainable!
Good list but give me Brea over Stojakovic. Also, add Mahoney. Probably needs a face up back up 4 and a backup pg. Hall from BYU would’ve worked well. Prefer Garrison to Atiki too.

I'd like Garrison over Atiki too, but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic. I doubt Mahaney comes if we get Smith. Brea seems too good to be true.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT