ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

14th ranked Hoosiers. It was a 4 seed vs 5 seed matchup. Indiana had a few NBA players

Won the SEC tournament but lost 8 games in regular season.

That team had potential but was another instance of Cal not playing one of his best players. Willis was easily one of the 3 best players on the team but averaged less than 20 minutes a game for the season and didn't get the regular starting position until past the midway point.

Cal rolls with his best players from the get go, we don't go 0-2 against UCLA and Ohio State and have a stronger, more cohesive rotation rounding out the season. At worst, we are a seed line higher or two if we aren't actually better.

That team had potential but was another instance of Cal not playing one of his best players. Willis was easily one of the 3 best players on the team but averaged less than 20 minutes a game for the season and didn't get the regular starting position until past the midway point.

Cal rolls with his best players from the get go, we don't go 0-2 against UCLA and Ohio State and have a stronger, more cohesive rotation rounding out the season. At worst, we are a seed line higher or two if we aren't actually better.
Cal's treatment of Willis was criminal. And btw, he's doing pretty well playing for one of the best team's in the EuroLeague.

Yes. This was the first sign of what would become Cal's increasingly bizarre and self-destructive decisions regarding his lineups. He just flat refused to recognize the value of Willis as a stretch 4.

Even when he did begin to play him more minutes, his leash was significantly shorter than the other non-shooters on the team.

Per usual, the NBA Playoffs deliver.

Arguably the greatest athletes in the world making crazy shots when the stakes are the highest.

BUT THEY DONT PLAY DEFENSE!1

#rolleyes
To be fair, I went to the first of two Indiana Pacers-Atlanta Hawks games at Indianapolis this year. The Pacers won 150-116. In the second they won 157-115. The Hawks weren't playing defense.

Pacers been doing that to teams all year. Hawks are a weak team, but there isn't any defense that can contain some of these guys/teams when they're on. The talent level league wide is just absolutely ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous. Can't get over what Scottie is doing these days, and really over the last few years. His Tee-to-Green performance the last few seasons may be the best we've ever seen aside from Tiger's best runs, it's truly remarkable. If he was even an average+ putter, he'd win literally every week...and basically still is. -76 over his last 5 PGA starts lolz.

Dude has been expecting his 1st child any moment for 2 weeks, and wins B2B at Augusta & HHI like it's nothing. Shout out Nelly, btw.

Last edited:
-Pretty much. Dude routinely misses high percentage putts. He's unreal. Needs to lose the beard though. Looks like Rahm with it.

-Love the staff assuming Brooks comes on board. Regardless of what happens, how goddamn refreshing is it to have a motivated, pants on fire, something to prove, head coach? That extry dough saved from fat wop and/or Drew/Hurley coming in handy.

Just a month ago we're watching that dbag from Oakland school us while... Cal is wearing parachute pants and rubbing his sweaty forehead with no answer, Chin is in blue glasses hungover from being at Ruby's all night with Bruiser, O's 3 buttons are screaming for mercy and he's day dreaming of another 20oz well done ribeye, Welsh is furiously texting his agent, "get me away from these washed up losers."

-Lol, the Cal Jones thing was obviously in response to Pitino and Craft. Cal is going to get the exact same players at Ark that he got here. Who the f*ck cares? Shows you they're so envious. Enjoy Cal 2024, dumbasses.

-The portal plus rebuilding an entire staff and team is too much to follow. Put something together to build the future. I'm taking a step back from that whirlwind.

-Great night at the park last night. Puts the hustle and bustle of 6-7 days of events into perspective, because it's going to be a short ride, and nothing in life gets better than your time in Little League Baseball. Absolutely beautiful day out for baseball. We got the early game(thank you, JC). AP.Com's oldest was playing tee ball on the adjacent field, then right after him 40proof was playing with the coach pitch team I drafted(walk off dub, 40 had 2 doubles and dominated at 1st base), and our Tigers took the 10-4(never in doubt Doubt) with George recording his first major league hit along with 2 stolen bases and 1 run. Walked out with families from both my teams grinning ear to ear.

-GYERO is gonna be massive Columbia Football and Lipscomb T&F fans moving forward. Well, until they dominate enough to portal to UK.

-Anyone bored, flip on hockey playoffs. Started watching last season and it's pretty intense. I just cheer against the Canadian teams because I enjoy their massive Stanley Cup drought in their home sport. Meanwhile, Florida is the hockey capitol of the universe.

That team should have also had Dakari Johnson.

On my lunch walk, I saw a cute blonde proudly sporting her new Ms. Pope Kentucky tracksuit on her own lunch walk. People are eat up.

My birthday is in May and my wife asked what I wanted. I told her (and meant it) tickets to a UK baseball game.

The BBN is thirsty, boy.
I just slid into your DMs, hank.

On my lunch walk, I saw a cute blonde proudly sporting her new Ms. Pope Kentucky tracksuit on her own lunch walk. People are eat up.

My birthday is in May and my wife asked what I wanted. I told her (and meant it) tickets to a UK baseball game.

The BBN is thirsty, boy.
Ms. CSC and WS (and the other hens they associate with) have been falling all over themselves trying to find that thing. Lass actually found the pants and wore them to the baseball game on Saturday flaunting like a peacock. Wasn’t sure whether to be embarrassed or proud.

Hope to god she was drinking ice water out of her Stanley mug.

Golf still needs bad guys. LIV took all of them or at least the ones that made things interesting.

Bob Marley movie streaming on Paramount. Skip it. Looks like it was produced by VH-1. Couldn't stick with it.

JJ McCarthy gonna get some coach and GM fired.

Reactions: Uk##1 and rudd1
That team should have also had Dakari Johnson.
I wonder if that team is worse with Dakari Johnson. They are probably better in the first half of the season, but I am skeptical they reach their full potential. It's not because Johnson is a bad player, but because Cal can be a dumbass.

With Johnson, we have Poy, Lee, and Skal in the front court with him. I'm not sure Willis ever finds a way into playing meaningful minutes because Johnson wouldn't have reached the level of ineptitude as the other C's to force Cal's hand.

With a reasonable coach, Johnson and Willis coexist as core members of the rotation. Johnson, Willis, and Poythress are 3 players for 2 positions. Willis maybe even plays some 3 in certain situations. Lee and Skal get the scraps.

Reactions: OnUK and ksta
To be clear -- I walk some variation of the same 3.5 mile loop about 3 times per week around my office for lunch and have for the last few months. I've never seen this woman before.

I'm not saying she took a walk solely to show off her tracksuit but I'm not saying she wasn't, either.
Hank out here taking 1.5 hour lunch breaks. Sad.

I wonder if that team is worse with Dakari Johnson. They are probably better in the first half of the season, but I am skeptical they reach their full potential. It's not because Johnson is a bad player, but because Cal can be a dumbass.

With Johnson, we have Poy, Lee, and Skal in the front court with him. I'm not sure Willis ever finds a way into playing meaningful minutes because Johnson wouldn't have reached the level of ineptitude as the other C's to force Cal's hand.

With a reasonable coach, Johnson and Willis coexist as core members of the rotation. Johnson, Willis, and Poythress are 3 players for 2 positions. Willis maybe even plays some 3 in certain situations. Lee and Skal get the scraps.
I think we'd be better because Johnson was ready to be the primary post player. Then Skal wouldn't have been thrust into that role. I see what you're saying, but that team lacked an inside presence. Johnson could've been All SEC that year. Cal may have still f'd it up though.

Scotty Scheff is a lot like Phil, terrible at making the 5-6 footers, but solid on the longer puts. It all comes down to concentration. They both use / used the extra study and attention on the longer ones, just kind of step up and putt the shorter ones without much thought / read. Phil would drive me insane missing a four foot straight putt. Scheffler does it too, just maybe not as frequent. Being 100, he should be 5/5, blew the 5 footer to force a playoff in the Houston Open. I do not think Jager would have had the mental fortitude staring down the clear #1 head to head.

- I'd hate to see MaxPowerrrrrrrr(r)'s search history/algorithm makeup. Where the hell do you come across all of these apocalyptic nightmares?

- Scottie Scheffler has a lot of face. That's why he grew the beard. Looks better on him imo. He looks like a Sesame Street muppet when he's clean shaven. Salute, Guy Smiley.

- Could y'all imagine Roger Harden on that 2017 team backing up Fox or Monk when they needed a breather or got in foul trouble? Man.

Eh, that probably means Louisville -- which kinda sucks.

I don't give AF about Arkansas, and especially Cal's guys following him there. JQ is one freshman I could really get excited about given his seemingly consensus elite prospects & the fact you get him 2 years (assuming you can afford it :rolleyes:)

With GenAI, computer vision and drones that can charge on power lines (they exist), you could launch a flying drone from a thousand miles away that has an order to kill a person. It could use cell data and google to narrow down where to find him, and then it could go over to where they live or work and just wait around indefinitely perched in a tree until it recognized the guy. Then it could whiz by his head and blow up. You’ll think Spot the Flamethrowing dog is cuddly compared to what this will be like.

You and I will likely be killed by drones.

With GenAI, computer vision and drones that can charge on power lines (they exist), you could launch a flying drone from a thousand miles away that has an order to kill a person. It could use cell data and google to narrow down where to find him, and then it could go over to where they live or work and just wait around indefinitely perched in a tree until it recognized the guy. Then it could whiz by his head and blow up. You’ll think Spot the Flamethrowing dog is cuddly compared to what this will be like.

You and I will likely be killed by drones.
Won’t even take all that. It’ll just track your phone and then BLAMMO you go from White Wayne to Where’s Wayne.

• Wow
Reactions: WayneDougan
Maybe he'll go to UL, but maybe not with Hart's connections to him. If we get him, it'll be a pretty GD big FU to Cal and send a pretty strong message that Pope is an extremely capable recruiter.
I know things are supposedly different with Kelsey, but seriously, who the f would want to go to Louisville if you have the opportunity to go to UK right now?

Reactions: NW50
image0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT