ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Yes, because American politics is bereft of stuffed shirt, self-enriching, church going, old white men.

Doggy facing camera, weed, and irreverance have no place in a decent society.

You probably have a candy dish of 40 year old ribbon candy on your coffee table. Right next to the "Davenport"...

Last edited:
Slice is 30?! Damn

Pope is crushing it behind the scenes. Need a couple of pieces to fall in place this week, but he is making great impressions. They have a chance to have a really good roster. But this will be the week that decides it.

Long term either way, I feel good about how he recruits and I think he will be able to raise NIL money much better than Cal…which is crazy to think about if you think about early 2010s Cal, but the bitterness/isolation changed his relationships. Pope is a breath of fresh air to those folks

He's also a relatable former player from the golden era of the folks with the $$ these days. Having all those guys from the 90's out soliciting for him would be amazing. If the dude can win ball games he should have all the support he can imagine.

He does talk about his SOUL and DNA.... pretty often. Like every other word. I can see that becoming annoying.

Slice is 30?! Damn

Pope is crushing it behind the scenes. Need a couple of pieces to fall in place this week, but he is making great impressions. They have a chance to have a really good roster. But this will be the week that decides it.

Long term either way, I feel good about how he recruits and I think he will be able to raise NIL money much better than Cal…which is crazy to think about if you think about early 2010s Cal, but the bitterness/isolation changed his relationships. Pope is a breath of fresh air to those folks
Matt, is Cal basically an introvert who has a small set of "his" people, but is really just a homebody? Kinda feels that way based on what has been reported.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Shitbag, if you're in Lex, and the 2.5 year old is an athletic male(non crayon eater), send over his measurements and times.

Height
Weight
birth month
40 (if you only have he 20 yard dash time I can make that work but I'd build up to the 40 asap.)
# of push up he can do consecutively
What hitting/pitching coach he's working with
"supplement" program

I'm currently searching for 8-10 2.5-3.5 year olds to assemble the greatest wee ball team in history. We'll have NIL opportunities.

- Met Gatewood at Fancy Farm a year or two before he passed. The world needs a "30 for 30"-quality documentary about that guy.

- Really like the multiple tiers of guys Pope is working through the portal. Not just star-chasing. What he's doing, with an essentially clean slate, is probably inspiring some jealousy among other coaches, who either inherited guys they wouldn't have recruited, or have guys still around who they wouldn't recruit again if they had the chance.

- Always defer to my dad when I pick him up at his assisted living facility and take him out for a meal. He always gets to choose where we eat. The past 3-4 times, he's wanted to go to Dairy Queen, and all he orders is a large Chocolate Moolatte. The guy is 80 years old, battling Parkinsons, and deteriorating quickly. I admire him just saying screw it to the food pyramid and doing whatever he wants while he can.

- There's some stupid watermelon game app that my family has gotten me hooked on. If I'm not on X keeping up with the latest recruiting news, I'm trying to build some kind of fruit salad. It's maddening.

- Gear up, parents....it's BNQUT AWRDS CRMNY SZN

Shitbag, if you're in Lex, and the 2.5 year old is an athletic male(non crayon eater), send over his measurements and times.

Height
Weight
birth month
40 (if you only have he 20 yard dash time I can make that work but I'd build up to the 40 asap.)
"supplement" program

I'm currently searching for 8-10 2.5-3.5 year olds to assemble the greatest wee ball team in history. We'll have NIL opportunities.
I'll gladly fill the "Craft booster" role for your team. Unlimited orange slices and Sno-Cones/Suicides on me. Takes me back. I think that what I miss most about youth sports coaching are the Moms. Always liked getting to know them. And the kids too of course. It's all about them (on paper)

Reactions: NW50
I'll gladly fill the "Craft booster" role for your team. Unlimited orange slices and Sno-Cones/Suicides on me. Takes me back. I think that what I miss most about youth sports coaching are the Moms. Always liked getting to know them. And the kids too of course. It's all about them (on paper)
Lol, bro. You've been away too long. We have Tee Ball/Coach pitch teams with 3-4 custom jerseys($2000). Playing with $400 gloves, $400 bats, $80 batting gloves, streamed live games in 4k, customs $150 bat bags. May want to pump the brakes. I'm not sure the part time bus route can cover it.

One thing I HATE is not hot dog and suicide post game. When did that stop?

Height
Weight
birth month
"supplement" program

I'm in Louisville now but could take you up on that. Any time you get an opportunity to drive only 1.5 hours one way for practice and games 3 times a week to play with elite players, you have to take it.

PROs:
- Throws any ball he touches whenever he gets his hands on it
- Looks to have a natural left-handed swing
- Hitting coach (me) has great credentials. I hit clean up - while hitting over .400 - on a mens league baseball team that has won our league 2 of the past 3 years (not a brag, just a fact.)

CONs:
- If there is a parking lot near the field, he will stop what he is doing whenever he sees a pickup truck to point to it and say "BIIIIIG TRUCK." Could be problematic if he's playing infield.

I'm sure the youth sports/travel baseball nonsense is completely overwhelming as a parent today, but I will say as a DINK --> your kids and all their badass gear are cute AF. Definitely fun to follow on social media, with absolutely zero parental responsibility.

BTW = my tee ball team at Gardenside featured a future top-10 MLB pick and a US Congressman. We had *none* of that fancy stuff.

-Gatewood was one of the few people I’ve been around that carried an actual presence when he was there. Cool dude.

I always vote 3rd party for pres at least as well, get bent throwing two assholes at me and saying deal with it and pick one.

-Online training is proceeding, not sure why I’m adding to my schedule, as I’m VERY content working 28-32 hours a week and whatever the hell I want the rest.

But will be fun and really hoping I dig it, it’s just a little extra morning work a couple days a week but something to fill my time.

I mean I have like 130 unaccounted hours per week to burn on average before sleeping so reckon why not?

-Yanks and Sox at the Trop next month, will def bike over and see what a 3rd inning ticket is going for a few games.

Already have Cubs and White Sox tickets.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Q: You think the Boy Scouts of America are secretly regretting their name choice of advancement from Cub to “Webelos”?

A: Probably.

Last edited:
He's also a relatable former player from the golden era of the folks with the $$ these days. Having all those guys from the 90's out soliciting for him would be amazing. If the dude can win ball games he should have all the support he can imagine.

He does talk about his SOUL and DNA.... pretty often. Like every other word. I can see that becoming annoying.
Look man, when you get the assignment, you can feel it in your soul.

• Haha
Reactions: LouisvilleCatFan21
We'll Be Loyal Scouts.

Not bragging, but I won the Kite Derby three years running, when I was in scouts. Prize haul: pocket knife, fire starting kit, and a compass, respectively. Almost no chance that record ever gets broken.

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha
Posted about him in old GYERO when it looked like Drew was coming. Helluva recruiter.

What’s the move if your kid’s rec league coach is a total f’ing moron? The two assistants are fantastic, but can only stand around and roll their eyes. Dude is unprepared, the kids spend half the practice just standing around, and the other half of the time they are doing things incorrectly. At what point can I tell this fat slob he needs to go?

The move is, you volunteer to help out the moron. And if he doesn't accept help, you can talk to the league officials. Other than that, just remember that it's youth sports, and really doesn't mean a fvcking thing.

The fact that you're skirting that line in the first place, concerns me.

What’s the move if your kid’s rec league coach is a total f’ing moron? The two assistants are fantastic, but can only stand around and roll their eyes. Dude is unprepared, the kids spend half the practice just standing around, and the other half of the time they are doing things incorrectly. At what point can I tell this fat slob he needs to go?
5 disappointing seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT