ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

<-------- THRILLED that Reed swindled $200 out of WayneDougan. It may be a footnote on his resume but one I will always appreciate.

Go Cats!
If reed swindled $200 out of Wayne, sky is limit on how much his lady basketball friend can swindle outta him. She convinced wayne to play “one on one” supposedly in her driveway. Bet she could shake him down for a few g’s.

Travis Perry is obviously not as good as Reed, but he brings many of the things that we love about Reed. Plus, he'll be here four years. He and Chandler collectively can make up for what we lose in Reed, at least I hope.

I owe you $100, anth. We can still make it a double or nothing with who finishes with a better record, Cubs or Reds. You down?
And you know this how ? "Reed Sheppard is not as good as DJ Wagner, Aaron Bradshaw or Justin Edwards obviously", Uh, how did that turn out ? YOU DO NOT KNOW how good Travis Perry is / will be. What are you basing this OPINION on ? High school stats ? Middle School stats ? pictures of them ?
"he will be here four years" Yeap just like Sheppard will be.

• Love
Reactions: WayneDougan
If you told me Reed Sheppard would score three points on 8% shooting or whatever it was while losing to a 14 seed after losing in the first round of the SEC tournament I would’ve said “Thanks for all you’ve done kid, now go out and live your dreams!” That’s the type of resume a born and bred Kentucky boy can cement his legacy on.

Reed will get eaten alive for a while in the league, but I'll absolutely root for the kid to succeed. He's a good kid. He'll figure it out and have a nice run as a pro. Would be ironic if Utah drafts him.

False.

If thus were the 1990s, then maybe. But in today’s league, he’ll be a star. If Steph Curry can be a multi MVP all time great dynasty champion, why can’t Reed be an All Star?

Reactions: krazykats
And you know this how ? "Reed Sheppard is not as good as DJ Wagner, Aaron Bradshaw or Justin Edwards obviously", Uh, how did that turn out ? YOU DO NOT KNOW how good Travis Perry is / will be. What are you basing this OPINION on ? High school stats ? Middle School stats ? pictures of them ?
"he will be here four years" Yeap just like Sheppard will be.
That's why I said I hope, you stupid son of a bitch

That's why I said I hope, you stupid son of a bitch
Nope, YOU said "Travis Perry is obviously not as good as Reed."

Good thing you didn't say "I hope obviously Travis Perry is not as good as Reed", it might have showed a little favoritism for Sheppard and hoping Perry is not as good.

Your words, not mine.

You stupid son of a bitch.

There is a pollyanna version of me that wants to speculate that Aly Khalifa redshirting at Louisville is merely a brilliant ploy by Coach Pope to let his star center rehab on his arch rival's dime while also getting some insider intel.

That would be preposterous but right now I've got mad New Relationship Energy, bro, and I'm seeing no wrinkles, stretch marks, or moles at current.

We won't know if "Reed had to go" until he gets drafted. If it's top 10, ok. If it's 11-20, maybe. If it's below that, no.

That Hart hire seems like a home run from all accounts.
He and Pope were teammates on the Bucks in 2001. Per Goodman, Mark Fox hired Pope out of med school at UGA. Mark Fox is a boring, vanilla head basketball coach but as your consigliere you could do a helluva lot worse than a guy who has been a head coach at multiple stops and who rabbi'd you into the profession to begin with. Dude has a career winning percentage of 55% at coaching graveyards like Georgia and Cal, which is pretty solid considering.

It says a lot to me (especially after the last few years here) that Pope maintains connections with people over decades. That matters. That's the kind of stuff that makes Vince Marrow the best.

No truncation without representation and whatnot.

Last edited:
anchorman will GIF

Feeling like this is gonna be our team photo next year:

large_morm.png

Did you all really like the denim when we wore it 96? Or is it more of nostalgia thing?

As a teen, I thought Pitino’s choices in uniforms were tacky, especially the ‘94-95 shorts with the triangles. Loved the 92-93 shorts though. I wasn’t a huge fan of the denims, but they grew on me over the years and I love them now.

Favorite recent jersey is this one:

kentucky-wildcats-2013-14-fauxback-jersey.jpg
images

-I really like the staff he's putting together. Fox couldn't get the horses but he is a helluva coach and this Hart guy seems to be a killer trying to get a HC gig. Perfect. I know we're all starved for commits and news but we're still like 5 days from his official hiring. Sounds like he's out there grinding and I have faith UK will have enough players to participate in the next season.

-The Brotherhood having a reality offseason. Guess those dudes aren't willing to battle with a huge crop of elite freshmen. Role players are getting more and more valuable on the market.

-Big series this weekend at KPP. Good v Evil. LFG.

-New Tay Day!! Down Bad is a banger.

-More annoying, constant spam call or two-factor authentication? 🤬

-Anyone else played a neighbor's wife in 1 on 1 lately?

-I liked our jerseys this season. Just knock it off with the f*cking checkers. Clean, crisp, see Tubby years.

-Time to start paying attention to NHL and NBA.

Here's one for you guys and I need your advice:

My son was at his friend's house the other day and asked to spend the night. The mom of his buddy texted and asked if I could swing by and drop off a change of clothes and a toothbrush and stuff like that. So I go over there and the mom is outside in the driveway, and my son and his buddy are inside playing video games on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

So I hand the mom his bag and she asks if I want to play basketball. Seemed like an odd question since I was just dropping stuff off, I assumed this meant get the boys outside to play some basketball on a nice day, so I said "uh yeah, sure". Turns out she wasn't referring to the boys. She just wanted to play some one-on-one. So we start playing basketball - meanwhile, every so often I yell through the screen door at my son to get him and his buddy out there to no avail.

But here's where it gets uncomfortable, about 10 minutes into the game the husband drives up. And there I am, just playing one-on-one basketball with his wife. I mean what would you be thinking if you rolled up at your house and some guy you hardly know is playing basketball with your wife?

By the way, she was not Caitlin Clark, but a pretty solid player.

I was a Keeneland yesterday and had multiple Keeneland Breezes when I first read this but after reading again this is one of the most Norton Commons stories I have ever read. Unreal.

Heard GYERO entered a new era so I had to stop by.

-Been a while, hope you folks are doing well. If you think I’m back here to share debaucherous weekend stories, then you’re mistaken. I understand this basically makes my value here equal to 0 but figured I’d check in anyway.

-The complete 180 opinion of the Pope hire in a matter of 12 hours or so was a bizarre phenomenon. Don’t see that often at all with any fan base.

-Bring back the icicle shorts. Pope could even go all the way in and wear a tie with a ridiculous pattern a la 90s Pitino.

-Even though it was time for a change, the Cal era ending made me sad. It was an unreal stroke of luck to live thru the height of the Cal era in my high school/college years. Some of the best memories of my life. Weird to experience it come to an end.

-Good for Reed

Yall have a good day

- Vague memories of the Bambino team but what most sticks out was the hope that team gave to the Commonwealth along with an innovative style of play that given the caliber of player, maximized their potential in the system. Guessing there will be some parallels next season.

Just give me a smart, gritty team that busts their hump and I'll be on cloud 9.

- Team denim and team Converse. Hell they're owned by Nike now, just build the shoe with all the Air Max or whatever tech and add the *> in blue. Would be catnip to the Faithful.

- Was expecting the Nats to be a complete dumpster fire ala the Marlins, but after taking 2/3 from LA, they're hovering around .500. Entertain me until July 4th and I'm a happy camper.

- The spam text from random political candidates is the worst, though I've made a game of seeing how quickly my response of 'f*k off' yields a 'you have been unsubscribed' confirmation.

- Shogun rounding home for a fantastic ending. For those looking for a show to binge, can't recommend enough.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT