ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

UCL (I think) touched on this but Pope really is an innovative hire. After Drew, Hurley, and (presumably) Donovan said no, the talent pool got thin quick. Going with Pope over guys like Pearl, Beard, Shaka, etc. is essentially a bet on coaching style and talent.

Pope is a little like Barnhart's Hal Mumme. Maybe not the best idea on paper but this has the opportunity to change the trajectory of the UK program and the national landscape. We just got real committed to playing basketball at the cusp of the future offensively and I'm here for it. The 1996 connections and Pope's easy charisma are just bonuses, imo.

Really digging the positive energy in this new GYERO. It's infectious.

- Nothing much to say about the new hire that hasn't already been said. My two cents is pretty much the same as most of GYERO.

- Just finished putting out 75+ bags of mulch. Prayers for my back please. The older I get, the more I understand why you would move to a retirement community where you don't have to worry about landscaping.

- Next up is some pressure washing. A couple of gummies, an adult beverage, put in the airpods and get busy. Something satisfying about washing the dirt and grime away that lets me know there is a new season here.

- Smash burgers on the Blackstone tonight.

- I wonder if Bryson has been banging Paige Spiranac? She was on his Youtube channel for a bit.

- Been thinking about retiring, although I'm not sure what I want to do after that. I could go back to work at the same place, but I've done that for 30+ years. I would like to try doing something different, even though I'm not sure what that would be. It's both scary and exciting at the same time. New chapter in life and all that.

Teed off on 18 Saturday at Idle Hour and my drive leaked a bit right, falling about 15 yards right of the fairway. I kept an eye on it, and as I approached what I thought was my ball I realized I accidentally picked up someone elses that was playing in a different foursome.

The personalized Pro V1 had “Doctor Boat” on it.

God I love that dude. One of a kind.

Cat GIF by Korkeasaari Zoo

Updated player watch list:

Collin Chandler 6-4 - 4* recruit to BYU that’s been on a mission trip
Johnell Davis – FAU - 18/6/3 - 41% from 3
Dallin Hall 6-4 - BYU -9/4/5 -36%
Aly Khalifa 6-11 -(heavy UK lean; down to BYU, UK, UofL) – BYU - 6/4/4 - 32%
Travis Perry 6-1 - 4* Kentucky recruit
Jaxson Robinson 6-7 – BYU - 14/3/1 - 35%
Javon Small 6-4 (Antonio Reeves’ cousin) - Oklahoma State - 15/5/4 - 37%
Andrej Stojakovic 6-7 - Stanford - 8/3/1 - 33%
Cade Tyson 6-7 - (UNC lean) – Belmont - 16/6/2 - 47%
Amari Williams 6-10 (visiting UK; 3 time conference defensive player of the year) - Drexel - 12/8/2 - 33% - 2 blocks, 1 steal per game
Darlingston Dubar 6-10 - Hofstra (Tennessee lean; rumor going around is that he’s backed off his UT interest because someone threw a bag at him) - 18/7/1 -40%
Kevin Miller 6-0 - Wake Forest - 16/3/4 - 37%
Jalen Blackmon 6-3 - Stetson - 21/3/2 - 38%
Liam McNeeley 6-8 - 5* recruit
Alston Mason 6-2 - Missouri State - 18/3/4 - 35%
Otega Oweh 6-5 - Oklahoma-11/4/1 - 38%
Aaron Scott 6-7 - North Texas- 11/6/2 - 42%
Mady Sissoko 6-9 - Michigan State - 3/5/0

Last edited:
Been waiting for this moment, New GYERO 😃!

Just pulling into Key West and saw the new thread up!

This fanbase is something else and yes people have no idea how much UK means to the state, its family, its tradition, I didn’t even apply to another college for christs sake, I didn’t care about college at first just wanted to watch FBall and BBall, next thing you know two degrees.

💙 ♾️

This is why Kentucky is special. This is why we'll always matter. It's unique. This doesn't happen anywhere else. Not Chapel Hill, not Bloomington, or Raleigh, and certainly not in f***ing Fayetteville. It's not the players or even the coach. It's the people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT