ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to quit coffee every now and again, but I just can’t. No clue how I ever lived without it. Coffee is incredible.
I switched to hot tea in the mornings. It's not ideal (I pick the strongest blends I can find), and sometimes I get grumpy about it, but it's enough caffeine to keep me from suffering caffeine withdrawal headaches (awful) And since I quit drinking any type of soda about a year ago, if I don't get SOME caffeine, those headaches are BRUTAL (for me anyway)

Sitting here watching the 2015 Wisconsin game on B1G Network in hopes of exorcising the demons.

Not sure what’s worse as a fan. Heading into the tournament as a massive favorite where anything short of a title is a disaster or going in expecting to lose at some point, but thinking they might be capable of going on a run.

To the GYERO Doctors/Medical Professionals.

What is a medical condition that is not a threat to life, but would incapacitate someone from traveling/coaching, that lasts at least a fortnight?
Misunderstood the question... I think you should be hoping Cal gets a combination of Shingles, scurvy and mono.

• Love
Reactions: HymanKaplan
I switched to hot tea in the mornings. It's not ideal (I pick the strongest blends I can find), and sometimes I get grumpy about it, but it's enough caffeine to keep me from suffering caffeine withdrawal headaches (awful) And since I quit drinking any type of soda about a year ago, if I don't get SOME caffeine, those headaches are BRUTAL (for me anyway)
Why not just take a caffeine pill?

Sitting here watching the 2015 Wisconsin game on B1G Network in hopes of exorcising the demons.

Not sure what’s worse as a fan. Heading into the tournament as a massive favorite where anything short of a title is a disaster or going in expecting to lose at some point, but thinking they might be capable of going on a run.
Delete this. WTF is wrong with you?

To the GYERO Doctors/Medical Professionals.

What is a medical condition that is not a threat to life, but would incapacitate someone from traveling/coaching, that lasts at least a fortnight?
Bell’s Palsey after a dental procedure. Just drool a bunch and slur your speech.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Why not just take a caffeine pill?
I could, but a hot caffeinated beverage in the morning seems more civilized, has less caffeine than coffee, and doesn't make you have dragon breath. I'm not saying it's the ONLY answer. LOL

Loose leaf English Breakfast Tea (made STRONG, ie more like 2 teaspoons of tea than the usual 1 per 6 ounce cip) and brewed/steeped for 5 minutes, with a dash of honey (and milk, if you like creamer in your coffee, I never did), is pretty damn good.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jayroon
* I haven't played competitive basketball since coming deep off the bench for the Sayre Spartans in 8th grade, but I know this....

Reed
Rob
Reeves

4 = either Edwards or Thiero
5 = any of the 3 7-footers

Man, I just love daydreaming about that lineup. If you lose, you go down swinging with your best guys on the court. It's just not that hard.

* Riley Strain update:

- he was caught on a police offers bodycam walking down the street and exchanging pleasantries
- his credit card was found along the banks of the river

link: Where is Riley Strain?

* Do you think wcc cries himself to sleep every night knowing that it's been a solid 15 years since The Fray was cranking out major hits? I mean, they barely even tour anymore. It's got to eat him alive.

* While it's a tremendous honor for a scrub/walk-on/benchwarmer to get the ceremonial start on Senior Day, it is also a bit patronizing when their replacement is sitting at the scorer's table ready to check in and get them TF out of the game like 3 seconds after tip. What I'm saying is -- DJ Wagner *has* to feel that, right?

Whatever mental gymnastics Cal is trying to play with continuing to start DJ, it's become more of an embarrassment than anything else. And it's been that way for MONTHS.

* Reds chatter......

- Matt McClain just keeps having nagging injuries. Like wtf?
- TJ Friedl led the team in WAR last season, and is far and away the best defensive outfielder we've got. Going out for 2-3 months due to an injury sustained in Spring Training is a huge letdown.
- Rotation = Greene, Montas, Martinez, Ashcraft, and......Abbott or Williamson?
- I really wanna see Hurtubise or Dunn get the call up. Give em a shot.

* I don't think a 2-year deal for Blake Snell was what Scott Boras had in mind. Personally, I'm happy to see that guy get put in check.

* I feel like 2024 is officially the Year of the Tittie. Sydney Sweeney is just on fire right now, and showing up all over the place flopping her big naturals around. She's really embracing the ta-tas, and the media is eating it up. We're really onto something here, fellas. Don't screw this up.

Huge butts = out
Huge rack = in

* An old school, underrated panty dropping, lovemaking song.

You're welcome.

Thanks to my iPod Nano, I can listen to The Fray whenever I want.

-Caffeine pills are gross to me and not at all the same as coffee.

-Arthur The King was a really good movie for some feel good tears about people and a dog.

- @cut_itloosedoubledeuce you’ve never heard the expression the cats pajamas? That’s the WTF, not me using it Brody, that’s common vernacular. The bees knees new as well for you?

Last edited:
- Drank coffee for the first time when I was 38 on the weekends to keep up with my toddlers. Still do it every Friday, Saturday, and some Sundays. Don’t want to get hooked or turn into one of those weirdos that drink it at 9PM as a dessert drink and then go to bed at 11, would rather it still have the same effects as legal speed on me.

-I don’t trust teams that have lots of recent losses headed into the tournament, so KU and Bama are getting upset early imo. Why did they change the last 10 games meaning more for seeding again? Its actually a great barometer

-Don’t think I’ve ever completed a bracket before the first four games, anyone that has that as a rule can get pumped

-Just don’t see Mitchell getting back to early season form, but would be miraculous if he did

Reactions: TriangleUKCat
Bell’s Palsey after a dental procedure. Just drool a bunch and slur your speech.

I once had Bell’s Palsey when I was in the 2nd grade. As I remember it the left side of my face was basically paralyzed for a few days, may have been from a dental procedure I have no idea. It did however coincide with class picture day so I could only smile using half of my face which yo this day is probably my favorite.

Tonight I cooked some bacon in my great-grandmother’s cast iron skillet and used the drippings to make gravy to go on biscuits. You talk about the cats pajamas, now that was it.

Last edited:
Once you’re bitten by the espresso bug, it’s an endless rabbit hole of chemistry, technique & tech…
I love an espresso. Really love them but had to get rid of the machine. The urge for a late afternoon shot was too much.

I treat them as a delicacy these days. Morning routine -> Standard 20oz morning coffee. Fresh ground beans via Trade subscription, bonavita coffee make. I'll drink LMNT before my coffee for a little extra duration.

Last edited:
Hell, I don’t have kids and I’ve changed a diaper.

And yes, denying yourself coffee is almost as bad as me denying myself biscuits and gravy for 15 years until I tried it.

I like a good magic mind with coffee in the morning to extend the feeling.

I’ve had 1,400 mg of caffeine today, give or take, and I never even got going. Felt tired and lonesome all day, until I ate a special treat.

The best thing for, you know, moving, is the classic ECA stack. True ephedra obviously isn’t available anymore, at least in supplement form, and pseudoephedrine just won’t cut it. But Bronkaid - an OG asthma drug - is still behind the counter at your local pharmacy, active ingredient = ephedrine sulfate. Pharmacist might look at your sideways, but there’s no restrictions on buying a box if you just tell the co**sucker you’re asthmatic. Anyhow, combine the E with the C (caffeine) and A (aspirin), and you’re ready to rock. A clean way to dose this is Bronkaid plus Excedrine Migraine, hits straight to the dome.

In any event, you can really string that stuff out, and have some unpleasant experiences. These days I mainly stick to two thirds a pot of coffee in the morning (Mr Coffee with the alarm clock brew thing - Kirkland medium roast beans). I get a really big cup out of the pantry, dump enough milk into it to make the coffee cool enough to chug, then fill to the brim with hot coffee. Chug. Repeat. 4 mg mini nicotine lozenge. Now I’m ready to rock.

At the office, ive switched to sipping on hot tea throughout the day. I will drink quite a bit of it, but it is eons better than guzzling bad coffee all day. We recently got a fancy loose leaf tea bar at the office - it’s really outstanding. Lots of crazy mango and pina colada flavors and shit that the hens love, but I really gravitate to English breakfast, earl grey, and sencha green. Oolong is great if you are looking to achieve complete elimination.

Agree that caffeine pills are gross.

Lots of drama at the end of this Georgia-Xavier NIT game. Goaltending, tons of dumb shit.

Did the NCAA outlaw the five guys on the sideline inbounds play that Kansas State used against UK last year? I haven’t seen anyone use it this year. Seems genius to me.

Ha….haven’t done the ECA stack in a decade, but that stuff works. And the shame of having to produce your ID to the pharmacist as they try to determine if you’re a closet meth addict—-> enjoyable.

Where’s Jack3d when you need it?

If the "giving up jaegerbombs for lent" is actually true, well then, I have only one thing to say:

That is fvcking awesome. It's well-played on multiple levels; secular AND religious.

Reactions: roguemocha
I don't like Arizona at all. But I was burned by them last year and I'm an irrational asshole this time of year full of nervous energy masked as negativity so you do you bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT