ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about best case scenario heading into Knoxville on Saturday, despite the redass tonight. Secure the win, and now Cal will have his team's attention the next 3 days of practice. Should be focused and dialed-in on Saturday.

I'd probably be a *little* concerned with our focus if we were rolling into Rocky Top after waxing Auburn and Arkansas in consecutive games...

Indiana just had the ball to inbound on their end of the court, 2 seconds left, tied, and somehow wound up with a half court shot for an airball.

UPDATE: 3 minutes left in double overtime and this game is still in the 60s.

Keion, please.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Dickfingers aside, I'll take 7 points, 15 rebounds, and 3 blocks from Nick Richards any time I can get it.

Also, Dr. Phil was just on the Joe Rogan podcast. That could be awesome or terrible.

Last edited:
My son was born yesterday at 11:30 in the morning, two years ago when my daughter was born we went on that long win streak before we fell to UNC so I was convinced my second kiddo would be great luck as well. At halftime last night I figured my first full night with him and my wife was not the environment for red-ass so I turned the game off and tried to get some rest. At 3 this morning I saw we came back and won. So I guess what I’m trying to say while half delirious right now is you’re welcome and we’re winning the title this year. :boom:

My son was born yesterday at 11:30 in the morning, two years ago when my daughter was born we went on that long win streak before we fell to UNC so I was convinced my second kiddo would be great luck as well. At halftime last night I figured my first full night with him and my wife was not the environment for red-ass so I turned the game off and tried to get some rest. At 3 this morning I saw we came back and won. So I guess what I’m trying to say while half delirious right now is you’re welcome and we’re winning the title this year. :boom:
Congrats

Reactions: Ron Mehico
*This team has a really high ceiling because we have so many really good players...but they aren’t quite so uber-talented that they can give half interested efforts and still win SEC games. That first half was a lack of respect and interest in their opponent and they almost paid for it.

*Reid would have laid out some of those hog defenders pressing up on our perimeter guys on screens and bullied his way to a couple run stopping put backs. That first half doesn’t go that way with him, imo.

*It was only a matter of time before Herro had one of those nights, that release is too pure.

*If we are being honest, Hagans is a concern. He plays hard, competitive as hell, a leader...but caught damn, half the time I’m wondering what the hell he’s trying to accomplish on offense. At least the shot is coming around, more importantly that FT stoke. That will be big in the stretch run.

*I think Nick draws my ire more than some because of two things: one, he’ll work his tail off to get good position and completely fumble the pass or rebound he just spent so much energy getting in position for and, two, when he makes a wrong read on defense it’s glaring...moreso than our other guys because it usually ends in a dunk by the other team. That said, he had gotten better and really was a threat to Ark in the lane during the second half...they were looking for him.

*PJ, how crucial is staying out of foul trouble for him? He’s such a rhythm player it throws him off to sit for extended minutes.

*Keldon was good in the second half but he keeps trying to dunk on dudes like he’s playing against high school kids. Use your body to get space, my man.

*Still like my team, we have so many options it’s rare they will all be off at once.

Quite a few of you were ready to hit play on "_____ in Paris" after the Auburn game, but last night was basically "Mony Mony" with the dancing guy dropping a young child eyes-first into a concrete step.

Saturday is going to be a wild environment- with the winner in the drivers seat for a 1-seed... short-handed against a team that's all of the sudden desperate. Will have to be careful not to get run out Knoxville in the first 10 minutes.

The quote from the coach about Hagans "He really doesnt know what he's doing" or something along that lines- is pretty spot on. He's obviously our only option but I cant say I trust him with the ball and the game getting tight.

Baseball stadium has a good look on TV-- seems pretty fan-friendly too.

Hagans is my biggest concern at this point as well. He does not drive or dribble anywhere with purpose and I am not sure he will get there. Teague did eventually so there is hope that it clicks for the kid. We need him in March.

-Only complaints about the baseball stadium are:

*they eliminated the student tailgate and party deck. That's ridiculous.
*the only dirt on the whole field is the mound. The base paths and warning track are all brown turf. Not a fan.

-2 beautiful days giving us hope followed by 20s and teens. Spring can't get here fast enough.

-IMO playing with equity this weekend. Loss doesn't really change much. Barring a collapse we're a 1 or 2 with an acc team or MSU. Let's get Travis healthy and roll.

-Congrats on the additions, guys. Little SAE is a cute dude.

-Herro is gone.

Hagans *must* be a threat inside the paint and look to score -- always.

I think he thinks after a few games of success he can take his foot off the pedal, and revert back to his bullshit meandering, fake probing, etc... It bogs down the entire offense and we then become extremely vulnerable. It's crucial he keeps that killer mentality or we could get sniped.

Dude also needs to get lower base when he attacks. He often penetrates too upright, which allows ppl to strip him. Stay low and wide and have that confidence at the rim. When he plays to score, we make that leap. When he fiddle farts around, we're merely just above average.

*IU/Wisconsin game -- why did I stay up to watch that shit, again? Just AWFUL.

*they eliminated the student tailgate and party deck. That's ridiculous.
*the only dirt on the whole field is the mound. The base paths and warning track are all brown turf. Not a fan.

So if the outfield now within the gates of the stadium? If so I was worried about that. It was unique to CHS and we can't have students drinking in the outfield (rollesyes).

Also hate how many really good seats at the baseball stadium are unfilled. I know its a quick K Fund booster but its embarrassing to see that many open seats on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT