ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also dislike all things Georgia. I'm really cheering for them to go the way of UT. That state has a really strange elevated opinion of itself. I like SAEs take on it.

For me, it's honestly the perfect sports Saturday and any of the full-on media members who bitch about any aspect of it need a reality check.

Bah... I don't want to be the "sports writer defender" in part because they picked the job, it's not like they just got stuck doing it. Also in part because, at any of our events they actually come to, I'm there at least an hour later than they are (and at the ones they don't come to, I basically do their job for them).

BUT

While what you described sounds awesome, keep in mind newspaper and tv deadlines are very real things that those of us who are only responsible for online content don't really have to worry about.

Also, consider how late your night was... they do that multiple times a week, and they might not necessarily be fans of every sport and/or team they're covering.

(This message brought to you by someone who missed most of last night's UK game because she was scoring a soccer game in a poorly enclosed "press box" in the rain. Then it went to overtime. Where we lost. Still an awesome job but sometimes even awesome jobs have moments that suck.)

It would also be incredibly frustrating to produce quality work largely in obscurity while those appealing to the lowest common denominator become wildly successful.

TAMS-20120725112036.jpg

Reactions: august-west
Also, consider how late your night was... they do that multiple times a week, and they might not necessarily be fans of every sport and/or team they're covering.

^This is a great point and I can get on board with that, if i were covering any other school it would be more pain in the ass than enjoyment honestly.

I thought the cj profile of the accuser was pretty fair and they're already digging up anything they can find. Thing is... she did a good job airing her own dirty laundry. Hard to drag someone through the mud that seems proud of pimping out her 15 year old. Going to make discrediting her difficult.

Yeah im not really sure this gal is gonna have any skeletons that she will really be embarrassed for the world to find out. She readily admits to supplying her kids with drugs and attending Holy Cross so seriously what else is there that she's gonna shy away from.

Yeah im not really sure this gal is gonna have any skeletons that she will really be embarrassed for the world to find out. She readily admits to supplying her kids with drugs and attending Holy Cross so seriously what else is there that she's gonna shy away from.
Seems they're actually going the other way and trying to prove she's not a hooker. Lol.

Holy Cross, what a shit school.

I'm giddy for KSR tomorrow. Blocking the entire 2 hours off. Phone on DND, door closed, email or text only.

I mean, this is gonna be awesome. Jones has had all weekend to prep. Wish I was off this week, I'd go to the show.

Meh, just open up the phone lines and have a ball.

Yeah, that's the worst idea ever. The callers are by far the absolute worst aspect of the entire show. I don't need to hear every unemployed yokel's shitty hooker pun. Maybe have someone call in who is an expert in NCAA sanctions or someone connected to the scandal from the whore's end. I would have Gregg Doyel on. He's in Indianapolis now and could possibly have some info on the publisher, but mostly it would be an excuse to listen to him riff on how awful this whole mess is.

Also, Dan Dakich would be a helluva guest. He's always good entertainment and apparently has some connection to the Smrt guy that Louisville hired to represent them as Smrt is an IU grad, which Jurich failed to mention as he was busy implying Indiana rolled on them.

Reactions: _Chase_
I don't want any insight from other media. I certainly don't want someone spending 2 hours reading the book. I want to laugh and make fun of them especially yokels. For instance....

[jumpingsmile]

He's also a professional comedian and not some loser in BFE, Kentucky with the funniest knock knock joke ever Matt.

Yeah, yokels talking smack is a terrible idea for a show.

-Paul Finebaum

I wish they would just get 2 lawyers to debate the case for the entire 2 hours. That would be swell. Super entertaining.

Judging by the hour Matt covered the story on the radio before the EKU game every other caller wanted to call in and compare it to the Penn St case which really ruins the mood of everything. Will have to keep that under control when the he opens up the phone lines.

After reading the book today, UL is hosed. Particularly the text messages from McGee when he didn't work for UL anymore.
He was contacted by UL, needed a few whores because Antonio Blakeny was in town. The prostitute has receipt from money wire. Plus the investigator asked prostitute to text Blakeny for verification.
Prostitute says "hey, do you remember me from Louisville, the Hampton inn" .......Blakeny replies...."yes, what's up".

"I just don't agree that it doesn't prove anything. I think it proves a lot. If you look at the totality of it, I think the village idiot can see the truth of it," he said.

[village idiot > Louisville media].

“I'm also confident that once the dust settles, as they say, the truth will be reached. And I think the truth is in that book. I wouldn't put my name on it if I didn't think so."

You have to realize that the local Louisville guys have to be extremely careful with how they report on this, lest they be passed over to co-author Pitino's book about recovering from this scandal. There's a lot of money at stake and they can't let journalistic integrity get in the way.

That always bugs the everloving shit out of me- it never gets mentioned that Forde and Crawford have co-authored books with Rick Pitino when they report on stuff that could potentially have a negative impact on Rick Pitino. Completely ridiculous.

It's also already being reported that the NCAA has met with countless individuals over this, including Antonio Blakeny.
While UL players may have some loyalty to UL, what loyalty do some of these kids that committed to UL, then decommitted have?
I don't think their eligibility would be at stake.

Somebody is going to talk.

It's also already being reported that the NCAA has met with countless individuals over this, including Antonio Blakeny.
While UL players may have some loyalty to UL, what loyalty do some of these kids that committed to UL, then decommitted have?
I don't think their eligibility would be at stake.

Somebody is going to talk.

Yeah. They'll never get out of everything, but if they're going to get the hammer absolutely dropped on them, it will take cooperation from someone on the Louisville end of things or doing something incredibly stupid like calling McGee from a school issued phone or emailing McGee from a school issued email to set up the hookers after he'd left the school.

I like that Pitino and Jurich blatantly lied in the PC. Saying they weren't expecting this, while saying they knew for a month, saying the PC was a surprise. False. 100% planned to the last detail. Going for the sympathy and humility card. Getting out in front using their mouth piece like a puppet.

I let Bonzo sucker me in to Googling the Deener Show and streaming it while I drank my coffee this morning. Wow. It's basically what would happen if ReleaseTheSqirms were given a Kentucky show back during Tubby.

Deener hasn't made a single tweet about the scandal. He's nothing but a paid mouthpiece for the university. Surprising he's allowed to do this at 680. Of course his Twitter background photo is a sitdown with him and Pitino.

Yup, Mattox. Nothing to really see here! All kicks and giggles. Even some
of the callers are laughing it off. She's motivated by money so obviously that means none if it's true.

Let's get back to talking LAMAR & BOBBY having his fire back.

Reactions: CoolCat45
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT