ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-burger week in lexington: lunch today: leg o lamb burger from Athenian grill....cooked onions and spicy feta. Stuffed grape leaves on the side.

That's not a burger. That's some kind of metro b.s.

To give cred to cawood...this is a burger.

t-rex-burger1-e1371435880644.jpg

Reactions: Stonewall12
Rob, you're a clueless piece of shit. Your little shtick isn't very funny as it pertains to this topic, and especially me -- that's about all I have left to say about that.

It's no shtick, you questioned my credentials on the matter, and I answered. I don't just talk about it on the internet, I've done something about it with time and money.
I don't wear it on my sleeve like you do, because that's not why I do it.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
Oh yeah, and eat a dick too.

I saw UKO walking down Main Street this morning.

And I too had lunch at Athenian, but didn't see rudd. And I got a salad w/chicken on it, not a burger.

Reactions: rudd1
Lung cancer is a pretty common thing guys. Probably diagnose a new one EVERY FEW DAYS.

Keep smoking, and you too will soon learn.

[smoke]

I don't feel like getting into the whole drug topic. I'm sure I've seen more friends and family go down that road than anyone on here. I'll only say this: recovering addicts get no applause from me. I'm happy for them but you don't get credit for doing what you're supposed to do.

You beat the addiction? Super!
Now go live and contribute positively to society.

Mashburned in two post tells a car guy more about his business, and a Dr. more about his. Talk about a true touching know it all. Any sanitation or sewer workers in here want to take a stab at him ?

Reactions: UK_ Alum_02
Yeah saw that.

1.4 miles from my house:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The first one is less than 2 miles from my house too.

Along with:

Winchell's
Drake's
Merrick
Ramsey's
Trader Joe's
Fresh Market
Mousetrap
Malone's
Palmer's
Suggins'
The Tulip
Josie's
Sage Rabbit
Graeter's
Beer Trappe
Athenian Grill
Commonwealth Stadium
The new baseball stadium
The Arboretum
Three Krogers
Two hospitals

I still can't get over what a horrible decision you made in moving to Hamburg.

-taziki's on southland (Hamburg opening soon) is solid as well. Another Scanlon project.
I went in there once, and wasn't too impressed. They're gyro isn't close to Athenian. What else is good?

I actually was starting to worry they wouldn't make it...not many cars in the parking lot when I drive by (often).

The first one is less than 2 miles from my house too.

Along with:

Winchell's
Drake's
Merrick
Ramsey's
Trader Joe's
Fresh Market
Mousetrap
Malone's
Palmer's
Suggins'
The Tulip
Josie's
Sage Rabbit
Graeter's
Beer Trappe
Athenian Grill
Commonwealth Stadium
The new baseball stadium
The Arboretum
Three Krogers
Two hospitals

I still can't get over what a horrible decision you made in moving to Hamburg.
We are basically neighbors. Not sure how we haven't ran into each other yet

Reactions: tfields01
-their salads/sides are good. Lamb and skordalia gyro is good. Inexpensive good kids meals. Food (as it is a chain) isn't gonna beat Athenian...but it's a good value option. I like it.

:joy: The Honda maybe. But not the Tacoma. Truck chassis all the way.

Lol. Learn everything. Toyota dealerships are currently backed up weeks or months trying to get replacement parts for leaking rear diff, and that's just the latest kink they're working out with the brand new tacos.

They probably also rebuilt that 1,000,000 mile Tundra they tore down. Probably purring like a kitten again.

Enjoy your lil euro Taco truck.

*We definitely shouldn't legalize marijuana because it won't 100% fix a complex problem.

I highly doubt you know that with any amount of certainty. Are you the admissions coordinator? Do you discuss the nuances of the start of their addiction with them? Whether they became addicted to pills because a doctor prescribed them or whether they became addicted to them because they were buying them off the street?

Your intake assessment form is probably a page long, asks general questions like (drug of choice?) (any mental illnesses?)(Outstanding warrants or pending charges?) (Court ordered for treatment?), and your beds are likely filled up with people in the legal system trying to get into rehab so they can get diversion/probation/shock. Almost 0 chance they're filling you in on the origins of their addiction.

I didn't have time earlier to address this. Patrons of rehab are the most studied group on the planet. The VAST majority of things they do or participate in are voluntary. While some are Court ordered, the majority are voluntary. The causes, results etc are well documented. Most truly are there to get better. And the percentages of people successfully recovering is rising.
The biggest mistake is the legislature making addicts turn to heroin due to the scarcity of pills. At least many could function in society on pills.
As far as marijuana, 100% behind legalizing it. But it's got nothing to do with heroin.

Last Tuesday, a 27 yr old overdosed and died in one of my houses. I had to take all his possessions ( 1 pair of shoes, 3 outfits and some toiletries) to his parents. His parents who in the last 3 years had drained their retirement and racked up over 60k in credit card debt trying to get help for their son. The dad was a year away from retirement. The guy also had two kids he leaves behind.This was the third person to OD and die in one of my houses.
So sorry if I'm not sympathetic to someone who calls me out and then claims to have the market cornered on the affects of this drug.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Lol.

They probably also rebuilt that 1,000,000 mile Tundra they tore down. Probably purring like a kitten again.

Actually, as of two weeks ago, it was in their R&D technical center in Michigan...broken down with every part and component on the shelf. Truck bed was beat to hell but everything else was in amazingly good shape.

Last edited:
- Good talk on the heroin thing. Seriously.

- Rolling up to see a college buddy in Columbus tomorrow night- he's a doctor, married, two lil ones- haven't seen him in 5 years.

All you youngsters out there- enjoy your buddies now. Take advantage of every night out. A lot of these guys you won't get too see much in a few years.

- Speaking of which, I miss the Geesefeeder, Bonzo and MisterFace. Don't think I've seen that trio in years.

- Next weekend- I party with Dr. Boat and am expecting the Steve Sanders treatment. Can't wait.

- Wild guesses for our '18 class?

I think we get Williamson and Reddish but miss on Bagley, Langford and Barrett. Just a feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT