ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You telling me this guy doesn't have a piece of toast in his pocket, and some milk in his lunch thermos?

Of course he does.

mitch+and+billy.jpg

Arguing for coaches and ADs to handle all discipline issues internally is probably NOT a good idea.

He honestly has the look of someone that could eventually be in favor of enacting an ethnic cleansing.

Not saying he would *today* just that he probably would *some day*

He looks like a cross between the Donald and one of those superzombie things in I Am Legend. Just a really unfortunate face.

Reading the Monk article on PayCal.com and realize Monk was born just as the 98 team was gearing up for its run. Mercy I feel old.

A 12-year-old boy who took his turn on the water slide just three days before 10-year-oldCaleb Schwab was killed on it says that during the ride only one thing was holding him in: velcro.

"I was kind of shocked," Noah Boganowski tells PEOPLE. "I thought there would be belts holding us in but instead it was just velcro. It was across your chest and across your legs. You would just stick the velcro to the other piece." While riding Verrück water slide at Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City, Kansas – the tallest water park in the world – he remembers going down a steep decline and "feeling like it could have come loose."

At least two other people have reported their velcro straps did come loose or snap within the past year, according to the Associated Press .

His mother, Liz, who wasn't at the park with him, says that her son strapped himself in on his own. A ride operator came by, looked at his restraint and although he was asked if it was on tight, no one double checked. While park employees made sure the four people in total on each raft weighed between 400 and 550 pounds, Noah says that no one asked him his height or age. "They didn't ask you anything like that," he says.

Dr. Kenneth Solomon at the Institute of Risk & Safety Analysis tells PEOPLE it would be very concerning if the ride in fact only used velcro as a constraint. "That's a definite no-no," he says. "Velcro is not good for force that pulls outward. It also doesn't secure well and most importantly if there is any kind of debris in the velcro material it would affect the ability to adhere." Plus, he said, all rides similar to this one should not only be required to ask your height but also have a measuring device mounted on the wall. "If he's too small it's clearly a problem because you can gain a lot of velocity in that kind of drop," he says.

----------------------

TFP, that entire park will be bankrupt and closed within a year or two.

That lawsuit is teed up and ready to be ripped a thousand yards through the fairway, out of the atmosphere and into the center of the sun.

Other patrons only had velcro strapping them in = check.
Other patrons felt it may come loose as well = check.
No one checked to see that height and weight requirements were met = check.
No one checked to see if velcro was fastened correctly on a child = check.
Expert witness already on board = check.
Gruesome decapitation = check.
Son of a legislator = check.
Quote about ride being "safe dangerous" = check

OTOH, only one kid had been decapitated. 99.99% non-decapitation rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT