ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have nightmares hearing Carl Nathe's voice monotonly announcing to crowd.. "Tebow with the keeper. Florida first down" from 2009. We were down 31-0 at the end of the 1st.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Slice should have written about the Cincinnati/Louisville rivalry. Or chicks with beefer tattoos. Or Monroe county bbq. Or what's hanging from dk's chins.

Poor Slice. He had one job. One job and that was not be like BTI and yet he may have been worse.

Reactions: UKraziest
He misspelled things on purpose to espouse the voice of that character.

But he went too heavy and made up misspelling that would never happen. The root of poor spelling and grammar is writing the way speech sounds.

But the word "scared" would never be misspelled as "scarred" by any illiterate. "Skared," "scaird," "skaird," "scairt," "skard," "scard," etc. would have all been acceptable.

As the only GYERO poster to have worked with and published by "The Onion," I speak from a position of knowledge on this.

Ulysses it ain't.

Also, Never Forget.

Re: Slice

I wonder if there are some who would read that and realize they are the joke? I'm not sure the typical reader over there is a Paddock college basketball. That piece would play better here...in a condensed version anyway.

Think he will do fine once he finds his groove.

Or if he doesn't, at least Nick Roush is still there to read.

Omega needs to move on from that damned "Hall of Fame" song. The Rory commercial wore it out, now they're sneaking it into the new ad. :mad:

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I've developed my character on here a lot since then, TBH.

The best article was the one about the Miami football game in Cincy. It was furiously shared on Facebook by friends of friends in fits of white guilt for it being racist.

The main guy wrote a diatribe and told us to "get out more" away from Kentucky and/or Cincinnati to learn about race and other cultures.

It was pretty fun to let him know that I wrote the article from a Manhattan apartment with my help from my black roommate. Ya burnt!

Also the character piece about Derrick Rose's brother had a few guys on Rafters (who thought it was real) up in arms.

Last edited:
The misspellings were a bad idea, I'll admit. I tried to take a page out of PFTCommenter's book and use the "it's about telling not spelling" mentality. But it just doesn't work with my typical style of writing and ultimately just made it hard to read. So I'll probably do away with those next time.

Overall I thought it was a solid first effort and so did Matt. I plan on posting stuff (that most of you probably won't like) under my actual name as well.

Well then, I'm not sure what in the hell you were trying to do. No offense . . .

I do think you'll emerge as a top contributor, though. They need the co-ed/post-grad perspective and you have a handle on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT