4 SEC Coach of Year
8 SEC Titles
1 SEC Tourney Title
1 NIT
0 losing seasons
297-100 overall (172-62 SEC)
Cal has 2 NIT appearances at UK?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Sure. But a lot closer than a lot of the Cal sycophants would admit.

Another missed tourney this year and it’s a wash. If not an edge to Hall.

4 final fours to 3 does it for me. I don't think any logical person thinks uk is missing the ncaa tourney this year either.

1. Rupp 2 cal 3 pitino 4 hall 5 Smith for me. Pitino would be 2 if he had stayed probably but thats on him.

4 final fours to 3 does it for me. I don't think any logical person thinks uk is missing the ncaa tourney this year either.

1. Rupp 2 cal 3 pitino 4 hall 5 Smith for me. Pitino would be 2 if he had stayed probably but thats on him.

I’ll never believe that’s going to happen until we’re in a position like last season. when we were 1-3…given the nature of the losses and teams we lost to i was kind of like “wow, this teams not even going to make the tourney”.

So before any games are played i never believe it’s possible.

There were people on here though, a lot of them, that even when we were 1-4,5,6 that STILL would have called you an idiot or a nut if you suggested we weren’t going to make it.

Coach 1 —
1 National Title
4 Final Fours
3 Elite 8s
1 National Coach of Year
4 SEC Coach of Year
6 SEC titles
6 SEC tourney titles
2 NIT appearance
1 losing season
339-93 overall (159-50 in SEC)

Coach 2–
1 National Title
3 Final Fours
3 Elite 8s
1 National Coach of Year
4 SEC Coach of Year
8 SEC Titles
1 SEC Tourney Title
1 NIT
0 losing seasons
You forgot to put in 2 national Champions games for Coach #1. And 1 National Championship game for coach #2. Coach #1 also had 7 elite 8’s I believe

You forgot to put in 2 national Champions games for Coach #1. And 1 National Championship game for coach #2. Coach #1 also had 7 elite 8’s I believe

And you forgot 1975, apparently.

(featuring John Wooden’thavewonwithoutpayingplayers)

Reactions: Montana81
Coach 1 —
1 National Title
4 Final Fours
3 Elite 8s
1 National Coach of Year
4 SEC Coach of Year
6 SEC titles
6 SEC tourney titles
2 NIT appearance
1 losing season
339-93 overall (159-50 in SEC)

Coach 2–
1 National Title
3 Final Fours
3 Elite 8s
1 National Coach of Year
4 SEC Coach of Year
8 SEC Titles
1 SEC Tourney Title
1 NIT
0 losing seasons
The NIT was a title....back when that tourney counted.

Apparently only Cal can have losing seasons and miss tournaments at UK. The idolatry is comical and sad. He’s Teflon.

Not sure who or what you are referring to. Your thread compared and contrasted two of our program's best coaches.

You then made a silly comment that had no relevance whatsoever. Most UK fan's truly appreciate both Hall and Cal, as they should.

It is pretty much clear Rupp, Pitino, Cal and Hall are the 4 best coaches in program history...probably in that order so basically you are comparing greatness to greatness...that is great.

Yep. Interesting how most would view Cal’s tenure at UK as far superior to Coach Hall. Not the case at all.

Overall Cal’s tenure is being viewed as so successful because of his first 6 seasons. From 09-15 Cal was borderline dominant in college basketball in spite of some missed titles. I think that’s the reason most people give Cal the edge. Even though he’s been fairly average since then.

If we're splitting hairs, I think Hall should get some kind of credit for having to follow a legend. That usually doesn't end well, but Hall pulled it off.

Agreed, at the same it isn't that easy to take over a dumpster fire and make a program relevant again in 6 months.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Overall Cal’s tenure is being viewed as so successful because of his first 6 seasons. From 09-15 Cal was borderline dominant in college basketball in spite of some missed titles. I think that’s the reason most people give Cal the edge. Even though he’s been fairly average since then.
I agree with this. The games we won in the tournament the first half of Cals tenure we lost in the 2nd half. The UNC and Auburn losses sting badly.

Reactions: Cawood86
It would have made Rupp roll over in his grave, just like the rest of us.

Apparently only Cal can have losing seasons and miss tournaments at UK. The idolatry is comical and sad. He’s Teflon.

You’re not suggesting he’s the Teflon turd? That name is reserved for Smith. Come up with another name for Calipari.

The thing that gets me is Cal is still talking and acting like he did between 09-15. But it's just talk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT