ADVERTISEMENT

Guess Matt Jones’ Salary

BigBlueRick

Freshman
Jan 3, 2017
Yesterday Matt let everyone know the salaries of a lot of UK Athletics employees such as gymnastics coach, equipment managers, and volleyball coaches yet never reveals his own.. Id guess he makes around 300,000.

His is probably hard to pinpoint because he works so many gigs. I'd say it's anywhere between $125K and $500K

As for UK employees, it's a public institution, therefore every salary at the place is public record, so any citizen can access this information via a simple open records request.

His is probably hard to pinpoint because he works so many gigs. I'd say it's anywhere between $125K and $500K

As for UK employees, it's a public institution, therefore every salary at the place is public record, so any citizen can access this information via a simple open records request.

You don’t even need that. Just google university of Kentucky salary database and the CJ, HL, and other sources have it all listed and searchable. I look mine up when I forget how much money I make.

On a related note, I laugh at all of those sources that purport to reveal the net worth of various celebrities. There is no way of knowing someone's net worth unless that person reveals it. You can make a guess but it's a very uneducated guess. Nobody knows the person's expenses, expenditures, investments, etc.

It’s still a bit hyprocritical IMO. I understand why their salaries are shared publicly, but to share that information to thousands of people through radio isn’t a good look. That’s not what it was meant for.

ID SAY MATT JONES MAKES SOMEWHERE IN THE BALLFIELD OF 55K-750K A YEAR. THIS IS BECAUSE HE GETS PAID FOR BY THE WORD AND RYAN LEMON MAKES NO MONEY AT ALL HE IS PAID IN T SHIRTS LOL FOR CHRIATMAS MATT JONE PLAYED A PRANK WHERE HE BOUGHT BRYAN LEMON 5,000 SHIRTS THAT HE STOLE FROM ALL THE GOODWILLS. GOODWILL IS A MAIN SPONSOR ON THEIR SHOW IIRC

He gets paid by 2 or 3 different companies while also owning KSR. I’m guessing it fluctuates pretty regularly.

It’s still a bit hyprocritical IMO. I understand why their salaries are shared publicly, but to share that information to thousands of people through radio isn’t a good look. That’s not what it was meant for.
Um, most every public employee has their salary published on the internet . Available to many more people than what listen to Matt’s show.

I’ve never understood why the information can’t be redacted and just list the job title and salary.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Where does he work besides KSR and the radio show? Is he practicing law? KSR itself certainly does not appear to have that many paid ads or videos. The merch isn't great. The radio show must be profitable, but it's always unclear how much "talent" gets paid in radio. If you know, answer these questions and we'd have a better idea. But...what would you do if you knew what Matt Jones makes?

With a syndicated radio show, pay from UK for game talk, and his website he probable makes between $300k-$500k a year. Advertising on his show is expensive I know that. He is probably worth around $3-$5 million.

Where does he work besides KSR and the radio show? Is he practicing law? KSR itself certainly does not appear to have that many paid ads or videos. The merch isn't great. The radio show must be profitable, but it's always unclear how much "talent" gets paid in radio. If you know, answer these questions and we'd have a better idea. But...what would you do if you knew what Matt Jones makes?

he has a tv show as well

Why would he not make more than $150K per year? If he was making so little, he'd probably be practicing law. I'd hazard to guess he makes, at the very least, $300K per year.

I give MJ business acumen two-thumbs-up.
While others tried to make a $ off paid subscriptions Matt realized that nothing sells like "free stuff"... If it's free people will wear it, eat it, and listen to it! I remember coming across KSR when reception was good only along the high spots of the Gene Snyder... The free website served as his advertisement.
Truly an entreprenurial success story.... Kudos to you Mr. Jones.
Don't get above your raisins.............

Reactions: ace on the river
Yesterday Matt let everyone know the salaries of a lot of UK Athletics employees such as gymnastics coach, equipment managers, and volleyball coaches yet never reveals his own.. Id guess he makes around 300,000.
Oh, look! It's Rick!

Aren't you the raging, uninformed lib from the political thread? The one that got owned on a daily before you left for good? And you've started a post wondering about someone else's money?

Go ****ing figure. May wonders never cease.

He owns a radio show, website, and hosts a tv show? His show is syndicated nationwide and he is a non practicing attorney from a prestigious law school? Would be very surprised if he's making anything under 500k.

Reactions: JonathanUSAF
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT