ADVERTISEMENT

Grilled Cheese

Caveman Catfan

All-American
Sep 1, 2002
Do you like grilled cheese? If so, how do you like it? What cheese? Add tuna? Pickles?

I like to add a spicy fig jam to my grilled cheese. Love American cheese, but Colby, Swiss and others are good. I like it straight, but also like pickles and tuna.

How do you like it? Do you use butter to make it or mayo?

Give us your fav grilled cheese.

If we're talking just grilled cheese, I like it on texas toast with bacon and american cheese. I bet some bacon jam would be straight fire on it. Only use butter but the mayo would be good. I do mayo when I toast my burger buns on the griddle.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Do you like grilled cheese? If so, how do you like it? What cheese? Add tuna? Pickles?

I like to add a spicy fig jam to my grilled cheese. Love American cheese, but Colby, Swiss and others are good. I like it straight, but also like pickles and tuna.

How do you like it? Do you use butter to make it or mayo?

Give us your fav grilled cheese.

Grilled cheese
Everything, no onions.
lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, pickle

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Sourdough bread. Cover one side of each piece with mayo (not Miracle Whip, it will stick and taste awful) and grill (Blackstone is preferred)

Take it off the grill and cover the grilled side with some more mayo or Miracle Whip (whichever you prefer). Cover the untoasted side with Mayo.

Lay untoasted side back on the grill and add you cheese. I like Muenster and Smoked Gouda the best but anything is good. Lots of cheese. After the cheese, SEASON IT!!!! Tone Cachere's is my go to, but anything is better than nothing.

I add pickles to mine usually and maybe some grilled meat (fried bologna is really good here) I cooked just before sandwiching it all and cooking on both sides.

Man the privilege runs deep in this thread.

Govt cheese fried on sorta old stale bread. Hopefully had some butter

If we were lucky, any kind of potato chips with shredded cheese, or you just had to cut up the flat stuff and spread over chips. Microwave to melt cheese and if your really 5star poor some salsa spread over.

The young potheads we were could eat this whenever the Ramen ran out

• Love
Reactions: rudd1
Man the privilege runs deep in this thread.

Govt cheese fried on sorta old stale bread. Hopefully had some butter

If we were lucky, any kind of potato chips with shredded cheese, or you just had to cut up the flat stuff and spread over chips. Microwave to melt cheese and if your really 5star poor some salsa spread over.

The young potheads we were could eat this whenever the Ramen ran out
Government cheese is fantastic. Grandpa collected it and guarded it with his life. Lol. Actually would give Mom a box of it every once in a while. It was great.

Some of you all are adding tuna (that would be a tuna melt not a grilled cheese) or other meats and what not which at that point you’ve got a Turkey or whatever sandwich, not a grilled cheese, imo.

Someone is going to say, “I like a grilled cheese on a bun with ground beef, tomato, lettuce and onion and sometimes I put ketchup or mustard on it and have fries on the side. That’s my favorite grilled cheese…

Last edited:
Is it grilled cheese w/ bacon or a bacon melt? Are condiments the only add on that maintains the integrity of the cheese sandwich? Pickle melt?

Reactions: H. Lecter
Some of you all are adding tuna (that would be a tuna melt not a grilled cheese) or other meats and what not which at that point you’ve got a Turkey or whatever sandwich, not a grilled cheese, imo.

Someone is going to say, “I like a grilled cheese on a bun with ground beef, tomato, lettuce and onion and sometimes I put ketchup or mustard on it and have fries on the side. That’s my favorite grilled cheese…
Thank you.

Some people man. It's a grilled cheese not a chef salad.

Bread, Cheese, Butter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT