ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg taking shots at media

One thing I would agree with Greenberg on is his apparent belief that the collectives should be outlawed, and only fair market, above-board ("real") NIL allowed.

In a way the IRS agrees with you.

“IRS Says Donations Made to Nonprofit NIL Collectives Are Not Tax Exempt”​

“According to a memo released from the office of the IRS Chief Counsel, donations made to nonprofit NIL collectives “are not tax exempt” because the benefits they provide college athletes are “not incidental both qualitatively and quantitatively to any exempt purpose.”

LINK

Reactions: G-PIP
How much longer before we are taken out of the Champion Classic? I believe they want highly ranked teams, not what we have been throwing on the floor. Pretty soon we are the Wednesday late game or early Saturday game on TV. No more Prime Time
Michigan State would get the boot before us.

I'm not entirely sure about the NCAA tournament but, I think it's pretty safe to say TV networks see some value in televising UK's regular season road games versus other non-bluebloods. Why? Because there is a potential upset there and viewers LOVE seeing a underdog beat a blueblood. It's human nature.
I've noticed this trend over the last 5-6 years. ESPN will carry the UK versus Alabama or Tennessee game if UK is the road team. But, if we play those teams in Rupp, many times the game will get moved over to ESPN2 or the SEC Network.
Listen to how excited the announcers get if UK is playing a road game and get behind by double digits. It's noticeable in the NCAA tournament for sure. And not just in UK's games. It's like they all want to see a bunch of #8 seeds get to the Final Four.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Damn you are so witty. I only wish I could come up with some of these cool ass phrases and catchy words. "Cow" now that took some deep, intelligent thinking to come up with.
Do you not see that as a grown adult that is really bizarre for normal people to use ? What does changing someone's name to a shitty new one add to the point ? To be honest with you, when I see people doing that, I immediately discard any opinion they might have. Go to the lab and try to come up with something new, or better yet, don't and just post your feelings or opinion on the situation by using at least educated thoughts, but preferably post using facts.

$100 says you’ve used some kind of descriptor this past week describing someone be it politician, co worker, someone that irked you, etc. I’m sure you’ll post “oh no I haven’t! I’m above that!”

But we’ll know you’re lying because everyone does it. Everyone.

I swear, Cal could get videotaped punching a baby and Greenberg would still be leaping to his defense the next day. That dude has always been such a shameless Cal apologist/cheerleader.
There are still a few people on this board who would blame the baby.

It’s a fraternity. Greenberg did the same thing with Smith when he got pushed out. He has no idea what he’s talking about or what Kentucky basketball needs.

Greenberg will defend Cal till the end, no matter what. The thing here is Greenberg can say what he wants, but he doesn't understand Kentucky basketball. The last several years have been unacceptable for this program. I was never that impressed with Greenberg's coaching, Kentucky is a different animal, something Seth doesn't or can't understand. The NBA or ending generational poverty is not what this program is about. It's winning championships and not making early exits in March. There are a whole lot of other analyst and sportswriters that know things are not acceptable here and haven't been for a while.

Having the #1 recruiting class isn’t a bad thing, but it’s also not some sort of cure-all for the program that should shield Cal from all criticism, especially since he’s had classes like this before and has a mixed record at best with them. We already know that none of these guys will stay more than 1 maybe 2 years at the most, and that more often than not, it takes more than just the best collection of freshmen in a given year to win a championship. Unfortunately, Cal has totally struck out on retaining key players or recruiting experienced depth out of the portal, so we’ll probably have another year of losing most of our important games early in the season while hearing “Be patient with us! We’re so young that we don’t know how to fight for each other. I haven’t even had time to teach (insert fundamental element of basketball here) yet!”

Maybe if we’re lucky, the lightbulb will go off for several guys at once near the end of the season, and we’ll make a run like 2014. I’m not convinced that wasn’t a fluke that gave a lot of us false expectations rather than a reliable blueprint for building a championship contender though. Either way, expecting Cal to win games at Kentucky and contend for SEC if not national championships rather than merely churn out draft picks isn’t an unreasonable expectation, and criticizing him for failing to do that lately isn’t unfair.

Reactions: katwest
Kentucky is like Trump and the cbb world is like the “mainstream” leftist media. They hate him, but they won’t quit talking about him and have to talk a to him (replace him with Kentucky )

Kentucky gets some of the highest ratings in CBB year after year, so yes I’m sure they want Kentucky to suck…

Some of y’all walk around with a victim complex and paranoia (and this doesn’t apply just to sports either) and it’s not a healthy combination.
Exactly, the broadcasters pray that UK, Duke, UNC, and Kansas are great. They love eye balls and when these programs are great, (not just good) they love it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT