ADVERTISEMENT

Great Win — but Cal just can’t help himself…

I am the OP LOL

But I think we agree for the most part

I didn’t mean to slant — it just surprised me he mentioned that

To me he seems to praise the fans who never waver no matter our record

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to poster's names in here. We're good, I think we both love our Cats and that's what matters most to me. Have a good evening, friend.

May I suggest something. Don't listen to him. Don't waste your time. He's so egotistical it's nauseating. It's late Feb and his team still doesn't have 20 wins.

He's never gonna acknowledge anything. Don't give him any of your time. I sure don't.
Cawood, Great post .
What I find humerous is Cal or anyone else can only get in our head if we let them.
Is he narcissistic, perhaps.
If he is, they seldom change.
I've witnessed narcissistic people getting into conflict, with each waiting for the other to admit they're wrong.
You can't admit you're wrong if you don't see you're wrong.
I enjoyed today's win and I didn't care what Cal said or didn't say.

Yep good win —

An UNRANKED UK over a RANKED UT at home …

Something seem wrong with that … or is that acceptable that they’ll be a 2 or 3 seed and we’ll be a 10 seed?
It is what it is right now. We are getting better. Seriously, who would you rather play, us or UT. I think every tourney team out there would say, UT, instead of us.

I was in church one time and heard a pastor say "I want everyone here to look around and look for the color red. Only focus on the color red." He went on to point out that before he said that, nobody was focused on it and it blended in, but once you are looking for it, it stands out. The same can be said for people and their negativity towards Cal. You are looking for anything and everything, so you can complain about it. I understand you may not like him or want him gone, but we won a game against a top 10 team today and you can't wait to post something he said that didn't sit right with you in the pre-game. Congrats on living a miserable life.
You’re preacher wouldn’t happen to moderate this board, would he? Sorry ILL Wildcat, couldn’t resist.

Great win but you can't help yourself from still complaining about Cal. I have my issues with him too but can't we just enjoy a great win against UTeeee and take a moment off from complaining?
Lol talk about pot meet kettle with that guy. Love the call out.

Not a one off. He does this multiple times this year, always after a win. If we lose he bails out early on the interview.
Like I said, Cal can make some dumb comments sometimes but if the quotes from today really bothered anyone then I chalk it up to thin skin. It’s rare for me to get up in arms over Cal’s post game comments (it does happen occasionally to be fair) but today was a whole lot of nothing IMO.

Calipari would spike the football down 35-7.

He’s not going to lower the bar at UK. Beating Tennessee is expected. Sucking all year and praying for a miracle run, however, is not.

Do your job or get out of that seat. You lose too much to run your mouth Calipari. Hell, you’ve let Bill Self take your mantle and you’re talking about fans?

The same fans that told you to play the lineups that are now working? How long did it take you do see it?

Calipari is a joke. Can’t wait until the day comes he’s out the door.
Exactly brother!!!!

He has sucked as the coach at Kentucky for half his tenure now. It will not be ignored because he beat Tennessee who we’ve pounded for an eternity.

This Calipari worship is off the charts stupid for a UK fan to participate in. He needs to win more, he’s paid to win; he’s paid to uphold our standard not lower our standard.

Our bar is the greatest program of all time. He has not lived up to it. After this season, it’ll be 8 years without a final four. How would you suggest we don’t focus on that?
I don’t worship calipari. I have stated many times I don’t like the current state and think it’s time for a change. What I refuse to do is look for every chance I get to be negative spew hate. Do I want cal as coach right now, no. Do I have a choice? No. So I choose to get behind who is out there and root.

Cawood, Great post .
What I find humerous is Cal or anyone else can only get in our head if we let them.
Is he narcissistic, perhaps.
If he is, they seldom change.
I've witnessed narcissistic people getting into conflict, with each waiting for the other to admit they're wrong.
You can't admit you're wrong if you don't see you're wrong.
I enjoyed today's win and I didn't care what Cal said or didn't say.
Thanks. Feel the same. I don't listen to him pre game, post game, etc. I have zero desire to hear him.

He needs to stop worrying about the fans giving him a pat on the back all the time! It’s been a long time since we’ve been to a final 4 and it’s been 11 years since we won a Championship. Just do your Job Cal and Shut Up! With that being said It was a great atmosphere today at Rupp!

Last edited:
You don’t get to call out fans for finally doing your job, after shitting your pants against every other decent team on the schedule. Thank god for UT, or, this fraud would STILL be praying for a quality win. He needs to worry about his ancient offense & developing a little consistency instead of looking for ways to zing fans who are sick of his shit.

It’s the same mentality as the idiots who make a tackle & jump up celebrating despite being down 45-7. “Negative” fans have had every reason to be pissed off & his condescending bs after one good win is a joke & changes nothing. Earn your $ & string some quality wins, together, before you talk shit to the ppl who make your ridiculous salary, possible.
Good post, and very true.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Like I said, Cal can make some dumb comments sometimes but if the quotes from today really bothered anyone then I chalk it up to thin skin. It’s rare for me to get up in arms over Cal’s post game comments (it does happen occasionally to be fair) but today was a whole lot of nothing IMO.
No, you SAID it was a one off, and it clearly isn't. You tried to excuse it. His behavior is a well recognizable pattern that is hostile toward the fans and it should be called out. Name another coach not named Knight who does/did this kind of thing.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
No, you SAID it was a one off, and it clearly isn't. You tried to excuse it. His behavior is a well recognizable pattern that is hostile toward the fans and it should be called out. Name another coach not named Knight who does/did this kind of thing.
It was one comment man. If you wanna get up in arms about it that’s your prerogative. But it was a one off comment tonight specifically, in a sea of comments that were complimentary of the team. If you wanna be mad, that’s your right I guess. His post game comments, however, were harmless. Unless you’re thin skinned I guess. There’s plenty of basketball reasons to criticize him for, not gonna worry about every little thing he says.

Last edited:
I didn't hear the interview with Leach, but he mentioned the same thing in the postgame presser. When I hear him say something like this, and even the comment about people talking too much about the team not making the tournament, I think he's just talking to the team. He wants them to remain positive and confident and he's wise to take that approach. This thing could easily snowball on these guys.

I've been saying this for much of the season. I think this group is pretty fragile mentally. It's not a good trait, obviously, but I think it's true. It's why when things have gone bad for this team they've gone really bad. So, when I hear thus kind of talk, I'm hearing him talking to the team, encouraging the team, building up the team, and trying to restore their confidence, which has no doubt been shaken several times this season. I don't think he's necessarily saying anyone who doubted the team was stupid or anyone who thought they may not make the Dance was clueless. He's just pumping up the team and wants them to think positively about the end of this season.

The other approach would be to tell these guys they better buckle down and toughen up or they're gonna be sitting home in March. That would likely finish this crew off. The season would be over and they would lose out. Honestly, after that Georgia loss, I wouldn't have been surprised had that happened. He's saying what he HAS TO say right now, in my opinion.

Great win but you can't help yourself from still complaining about Cal. I have my issues with him too but can't we just enjoy a great win against UTeeee and take a moment off from complaining?

If Cal said that, he deserves to be blasted. We are Kentucky, sitting in 3rd place in the SEC, and likely to land an 8 or 9 seed.

Not a one off. He does this multiple times this year, always after a win. If we lose he bails out early on the interview.
A one off yesterday, not his entire career. He was mostly complimentary yesterday. I’m not gonna worry about every little thing the man says and I’m not gonna waste my energy being upset about it when there are actual basketball reasons to criticize him for.

Last edited:
I don’t bother with listening to what Calipari has to say.
Actions speak louder than words and no number of words Calipari can spew will change the state of the program

Reactions: BBUK
Talking with Tom once again about the “negative” fans like he can’t even FATHOM why ANYONE would’ve been negative at any point…

Come on dude

Go Big Blue!
Need to enjoy the win. Kids are getting better at the right time. We have two good players out who can help us in Wheeler and CJ.

Reactions: ORCAT

Cal can't stop talking about negative fans as negative fans can't stop posting negative posts about cal talking about negative fans. Sounds like a case of ouroboros.

Reactions: ORCAT
Hearing him speak is fingernails on a chalkboard. What is even more irritating is him telling the fans don’t be mad at the players- no one with a functioning brain is mad at the players. Everyone is mad at him for this cluster.
Having said that, beating Tennessee is always fun and it was a great win.

Lay an egg in Gainesville and the noise and the foot high letters will be ones you don't want to boast about.

This is going to be an indifferent time until the season ends. The majority of UK fans will see the season as a failure if we can't get to the Final 4. Cal always brings up his '14 team and how they struggled all year then were able to take their 8 seed to the championship game. He is trying to find a comparable when there isn't a comparable. That team was complete youngsters.

If we don't win a game in the SEC tournament, we're not going anywhere; it doesn't matter how our last 4 games go. We aren't going to get to 2nd in the conference and will always be in question to how good we could be.

May I suggest something. Don't listen to him. Don't waste your time. He's so egotistical it's nauseating. It's late Feb and his team still doesn't have 20 wins.

He's never gonna acknowledge anything. Don't give him any of your time. I sure don't.
I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

Reactions: Cawood86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT