ADVERTISEMENT

Great team win!

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
The defense had its lapses but put together a more than solid game even without Hairston.

Special teams was a win and set the tone right away when WRod absolutely DRILLED that return man. Bet that returner still thinks he's batman 4 hours later.

Offense scored enough points to win, made big plays on 4th down, and has a good bit to build off of going into the next third of our schedule. Best of all they did it against a good SEC defense. Don't know if it's a great SEC defense, but I hope they play well the rest of the season to keep this win looking good.

Stoops should (though I know he won't because people want to scapegoat him) have the monkey off his back about taking chances rather than being conservative. We've got to keep from being fearful of taking those chances and keep playing with a 4 down mentality more often. Maybe that will allow Hamdan to not forego the running game when it is working.

Great post. Hard to argue with any of it. I think we need to get more out of our offense, as it can look ROUGH at times, but they did enough to win.

Reactions: Girthang
Agreed.

Yes, Brock might want some decisions back on whether to hand off or keep, and could be a millisecond or two quicker on throwing the ball away, buuuut, those bemoaning our rushing attempts need to know that Ole Miss was playing scared of Brock and his receivers, was consistently dropping two safeties, and blitzed only once . . . Barion’s late catch was man-to-man.

Reactions: Girthang
Agreed.

Yes, Brock might want some decisions back on whether to hand off or keep, and could be a millisecond or two quicker on throwing the ball away, buuuut, those bemoaning our rushing attempts need to know that Ole Miss was playing scared of Brock and his receivers, was consistently dropping two safeties, and blitzed only once . . . Barion’s late catch was man-to-man.

It's a hard lesson to learn when people don't grow up with football being well taught. This game of football is ALL about matchups. It's chess. It's a battle. I know YOU know this better than most here, but some still think it's checkers rather than chess.

That's the effect of basketball, which is less of a matchup game at the college level. A good friend of mine told me this years ago and he's not wrong. Said omce that he met you or talked to you at open practices many years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT