ADVERTISEMENT

Great now Williams

Here is about the only thing I can find from major insiders. definitely encouraging news.

Matt Norlander

@MattNorlander
·
Follow
More on Kentucky recruiting: I was told by sources — not all at/connected to UK—that almost every notable high-major transfer in the portal that hasn't committed elsewhere already has, at the very least, made contact w/ Kentucky and inquired about potentially playing for Pope.
7:56 PM · Apr 18, 2024
I hope they live up to your expectations or you will be trashing them next year too. These dudes had legitimate injuries and you call it breaking a nail. So typical.

Another small account followed by Kentucky folks... Including CatsPause.

Edit: before it was deleted, the tweet said Williams had informed UK he was coming here.

OP was "Not Mark Pope."

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
I hope they live up to your expectations or you will be trashing them next year too. These dudes had legitimate injuries and you call it breaking a nail. So typical.
????? WTF are you talking about ? I haven't said anything about injuries or "breaking a nail". Might want to fact check before shooting off at the mouth, calling people out.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
lol...I thought we'd become a big-time Mormon (sorry, LDS) school.

Looks like instead we're going all ANGLICAN up in here!

That will be a good start. If we can get Adou back maybe one more big (Garrison) and then 4 to 5 guard/forward guys, one of them a true PG to go with Perry and we should be ready to start getting a group together to make a fine team. One that if they buy in can do good things this year. Burks (wonder what is going on with him) if he stays then maybe we do not need as many guard/forward guys.

That will be a good start. If we can get Adou back maybe one more big (Garrison) and then 4 to 5 guard/forward guys, one of them a true PG to go with Perry and we should be ready to start getting a group together to make a fine team. One that if they buy in can do good things this year. Burks (wonder what is going on with him) if he stays then maybe we do not need as many guard/forward guys.
Adou is Pitt or UNC

Williams is visiting UK this weekend. Very good sign. A visit has been setup for Brandon Garrison, a OSU transfer. 6'10 240 lb center. Not a 3 pt shooters but solid scorer, rebounder and assist guy. Averaged 22 minutes a game at OSU.

This will be a very unpopular post to most, BUT, if we have to depend on Perry, Thiero, and Garrison as 3 of our main guys for scoring, we are going to be in trouble. Thiero (he is not coming back anyway) is just not a good shooter. He plays hard, throws his body around, but scoring is not his strength. He missed too many easy layups to count, he and Edwards would be close to team leaders. Garrison is a young big, but is a ways away on offense, and Zero threat away from the rim. Perry, may be a good one, but he is a freshman and really stepping up in class. Hope he is a star, but think he will take a couple years to get there, hope I am wrong. the wording of your post "to go with Perry" leads me to believe you think he will be a starter ? Once again, I may be wrong, but do not think he will be a starter. JMO.

Reactions: track42
w9tQ7WG.jpg

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Williams is visiting UK this weekend. Very good sign. A visit has been setup for Brandon Garrison, a OSU transfer. 6'10 240 lb center. Not a 3 pt shooters but solid scorer, rebounder and assist guy. Averaged 22 minutes a game at OSU.
What I read was UK "hopes to" be able to schedule a visit. He has visited Oklahoma, Texas will be this weekend. Nothing is scheduled for UK, also, Arkansas is looking to get him in to visit also.
So a visit has NOT been set up for Garrison. Honestly, I am not really excited about getting him. He is Onyenso 2.0 except a little shorter and maybe better hands.

What I read was UK "hopes to" be able to schedule a visit. He has visited Oklahoma, Texas will be this weekend. Nothing is scheduled for UK, also, Arkansas is looking to get him in to visit also.
So a visit has NOT been set up for Garrison. Honestly, I am not really excited about getting him. He is Onyenso 2.0 except a little shorter and maybe better hands.
I would see him more as a backup role at best. He's better than Onyenso. Williams and Great are our primary targets. I'ld love to have Bamba from Villanova. Great and he are both grown ass men.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Well just WTF are you excited about?

This guy has better hands than Ugo.

easter island head GIF

Well just WTF are you excited about?
Players a hell of a lot better than Garrison. A slow, lane clogging, non shooting big man in a 5 out offense or up tempo offense just doesn't excite me. Sorry, but he was very average. Have you even watched him play ? Or are you a stat reading talent evaluator ? He can rebound, block a few shots, and score from 3 feet in, not exactly getting me warm and fuzzy to see him lumbering up and down the court at UK.

Last edited:
Players a hell of a lot better than Garrison. A slow, lane clogging, non shooting big man in a 5 out offense or up tempo offense just doesn't excite me. Sorry, but he was very average. Have you even watched him play ? Or are you a stat reading talent evaluator ? He can rebound, block a few shots, and score from 3 feet in, not exactly getting me warm and fuzzy to see him lumbering up and down the court at UK.
Have you seen him a play at all or is that just your opinion lol The guy is mobile as heck, great passer, can score from mid range and is a shot blocker.

Reactions: FltDoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT