ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Nelson will go to Alabama

Except that UK will win the SEC.
Wouldn't it be nice?
But to pop your bubble, no with the way our freshmen roster looks currently, it ain't happening.
Tennessee, Alabama, Texas AM, Florida all have better college ready players and rosters. Not to mention Miss State, Arkansas, Auburn are looking better than what we currently have.
Our freshmen are fixing to go up against MEN...not 17-18 year olds with zilch experience of playing division 1 college basketball or on the road in SEC play.
Let that sink in.

Wouldn't it be nice?
But to pop your bubble, no with the way our freshmen roster looks currently, it ain't happening.
Tennessee, Alabama, Texas AM, Florida all have better college ready players and rosters. Not to mention Miss State, Arkansas, Auburn are looking better than what we currently have.
Our freshmen are fixing to go up against MEN...not 17-18 year olds with zilch experience of playing division 1 college basketball or on the road in SEC play.
Let that sink in.
Agree with every team but A&M, auburn & miss state

Wouldn't it be nice?
Let that sink in.
Didn't affect Brandon Miller much because he dominated any and all "grown men" in the SEC last year.
Bama actually had 3 freshmen and a soph starting.
Edwards might be a notch below Miller but DJ, Rob , and Reed are all better than Bradley and I'll take Bradshaw over Clowney.

Wouldn't it be nice?
Let that sink in.
The SEC will come down to who gets the better schedule. It has been this way since LSU won early in Wade's time there. The team that typically wins plays the 4 other top 5 teams less on average. LSU played the 4 teams 5 times one year when UK played the other 4 7-times. Last year Bama played them 6 if I remember correctly. The recent stretch has also seen more investing in basketball from all the other schools than we've ever seen. Putting it in a % of schools Athletic funds and you still see that.

Yeah that doesn’t happen anymore. They have won the sec regular season once since 2018 and haven’t won the sec tourney since 2018, thought days seem to be in the past
Won the SEC by 3 games in ‘20.

Was 2nd a season ago. With 2 players.

But you go ahead and pull for UT and Alabama.

I’m going with UK.
Wouldn't it be nice?
Let that sink in.
OK. You can be for whoever you want.

I’m for UK. 👍🏀

The SEC will come down to who gets the better schedule. It has been this way since LSU won early in Wade's time there. The team that typically wins plays the 4 other top 5 teams less on average. LSU played the 4 teams 5 times one year when UK played the other 4 7-times. Last year Bama played them 6 if I remember correctly. The recent stretch has also seen more investing in basketball from all the other schools than we've ever seen. Putting it in a % of schools Athletic funds and you still see that.
No argument about the schedule at all. I thought we had a favorable schedule last season so I fully expect a tough one this season.
Not one I would want to take a boatload of freshmen players against.

Didn't affect Brandon Miller much because he dominated any and all "grown men" in the SEC last year.
Bama actually had 3 freshmen and a soph starting.
Edwards might be a notch below Miller but DJ, Rob , and Reed are all better than Bradley and I'll take Bradshaw over Clowney.
Ok now matchup our freshmen against the other SEC teams.You have done last year's Alabama but what about this year's Alabama

Alabama, even with Nelson, doesn’t look very good. I think A&M, UT, Arkansas, and Auburn will be better
Bama actually has a good team. I think Florida will be much improved. the one team that will fly under the radar but will give teams fits in the SEC is Ole Miss. Beard will put together a tough nosed team.

Won the SEC by 3 games in ‘20.

Was 2nd a season ago. With 2 players.

But you go ahead and pull for UT and Alabama.

I’m going with UK.

OK. You can be for whoever you want.

I’m for UK. 👍🏀
And tell me since 20 what have they done? Nothing they have been slowly going downward since 2018. Also why do some of you on here say go root for another team because we are relaying facts back to you. Oh Kentucky isn’t won the SEC tourney since 2018, we’ll go like tensenesse then. A dumb response on a Kentucky message board

And all we can get is a couple of high school leftovers.
Season 1 Basketball GIF by The Office

Reactions: 2Dope15
Arkansas people were confident when the entire world was telling them Ron Holland was going to the G-League.
Literally every national analyst thought he was an Arkansas lock until the g-league made a ridiculous offer at the last minute, so I’m not sure that’s correct

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Literally every national analyst thought he was an Arkansas lock until the g-league made a ridiculous offer at the last minute, so I’m not sure that’s correct
People don’t understand how this thing works. It’s like of an analysts FORECAST made with the best info at the time doesn’t come true then they are incompetent or liars.

Struggle to understand that things change. Sometimes quickly, sometimes drastically.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
And tell me since 20 what have they done? Nothing they have been slowly going downward since 2018. Also why do some of you on here say go root for another team because we are relaying facts back to you. Oh Kentucky isn’t won the SEC tourney since 2018, we’ll go like tensenesse then. A dumb response on a Kentucky message board
Its not a fact they were going down hill in 2018. The 19 and 20 teams were really really good

So if literally every analyst was wrong before, then it’s safe to question what literally every analyst is saying now as well.

Its not a fact they were going down hill in 2018. The 19 and 20 teams were really really good
19 was good but didn’t win anything at all, and choked a final four to a okay auburn team, 2020 was a fun team that played hard at all times, but I don’t know what their ceiling would have been

Reactions: wardlow
Most of the national analysts that were still saying Arkansas late were doing so because of what they were hearing from Arkansas. The people with more G-League connections knew they were bettering any offer that Arkansas was going to throw out.

19 was good but didn’t win anything at all, and choked a final four to a okay auburn team, 2020 was a fun team that played hard at all times, but I don’t know what their ceiling would have been
Choked? Our best player was riding a scooter for 2 weeks prior because of an injury. We lost in ot by 1 pt dude. That's hardly choking.
Our fans sometimes smh.... The 20 team probably had a better chance at a title run than any we've had in years. We had 2 guards and a top center, that's what you want in the tournament.

Besides, it's not a declining year if you don't make the final 4. This isn't 1965. When the pandemic started this program wasn't on a decline

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT