ADVERTISEMENT

Governors cup bent to hell?

Looked like someone put a football in it then tried to bend the bowl shape to match (badly)

Reactions: The-Hack
Anybody else hear Tom Leach after the game say that the governors cup trophy 'will stay in the bluegrass?' Did I hear that right?
Just an assumption on my part—-Tom was referring to Lexington being located in the Bluegrass much like someone from Western KY would reference being from the Pennyrile area or someone from the true central part of the state being from the Lincoln Trail region.

KY is the Bluegrass State but some older folks think of the Bluegrass area as several counties bordering and including Fayette.

Just an assumption on my part—-Tom was referring to Lexington being located in the Bluegrass much like someone from Western KY would reference being from the Pennyrile area or someone from the true central part of the state being from the Lincoln Trail region.

KY is the Bluegrass State but some older folks think of the Bluegrass area as several counties bordering and including Fayette.
OK, thanks for that. Hearing it from my perspective he doesn't count Louisville as part of it. But that would explain it, thanks.

Back in my day, they taught the regions of the state. Wonder if they still do?

That said, the cup hasn't gotten much mileage lately

Reactions: EliteBlue
Did anyone notice that the governors cup bowl looks malformed. Almost like a bed pan. Is that new? Was that intentional or is there a story?
Y’all need to check the mesonet daily. All I’m saying. Don’t refute the highest, lowest numbers. They are real. Really.

After 2024, that trophy will sit in a closet since we won't be able to afford to play them home & home with 9 SEC games. Have to have at least 7 & 8 preferred home games. If they want to come to the Kroger Store, OK.

The trophy looks like a chandelier from a '90s McMansion. It's been dated for 20 years.

It's two teams playing in the state most known for horse racing, get something that looks like a racing trophy. Size it up a bit if you have to. It's not that hard.

The trophy looks like a chandelier from a '90s McMansion. It's been dated for 20 years.

It's two teams playing in the state most known for horse racing, get something that looks like a racing trophy. Size it up a bit if you have to. It's not that hard.
That kind of thinking is what got us 'saddled' with the checkerboards.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Jefferson County is north of the Knobs region, not the Bluegrass
Jefferson is part of the Bluegrass Region. North of the Knobs is the Bluegrass except where the two meet the Eastern Coal Region so the Louisville-Lexington-Covington triangle is the Bluegrass.

Make it a bourbon barrel or a football. That "cup" part looks like it went through lockdown and was thrown away like a useless paper mask

Kentucky%20Map%20Mine.jpg
Jefferson County is part of the Bluegrass region of Kentucky. Tom misspoke on this like a true Lexingtonian.

Search DuckDuckGo for "regions of Kentucky" then click 'images'.

You'll find maps that conflict, however I think most geologists will tell you that Louisville is in the 'Outer Bluegrass' region, also referred to as the 'Knobs' - but still in the Bluegrass region.

Search DuckDuckGo for "regions of Kentucky" then click 'images'.

You'll find maps that conflict, however I think most geologists will tell you that Louisville is in the 'Outer Bluegrass' region, also referred to as the 'Knobs' - but still in the Bluegrass region.

Noobs sounds right, but that map makes a clear distinction between bluegrass and not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT