ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta give Stoops his due

Brad White just held Ole Miss to its lowest point total at home in the Lane Kiffin era. Dude is an elite DC. Look up the stats every year but last.
His game plan is good but he makes the crucial mistakes. The last series is a prime example the free safety should have been playing everything in front of him.

His game plan is good but he makes the crucial mistakes. The last series is a prime example the free safety should have been playing everything in front of him.

So what more do you want? Ole Miss to score 0 and <100 yards in offense? The safety had a complete brain fart, not White.

He’s producing top 15 defenses in nearly every stat every year minus one at KENTUCKY. If you’re unhappy with him you need a reality check.

I was pleasantly surprised Stoops went for it on 4th down and saw Barion Brown come down with that awesome 63-yard catch. Never know what might happen when you take a chance than playing it conservatively. Paid off this time! Go Cats!!
Yep. He needs to have more trust in the offense to play. No excuse for having less than 100 yards passing in modern football. We have good recievers and we just need to rep and game plan to actually want to score td's.

Whatever you say about Stoops, and I am NOT a fan, our players definitely have guts this year. They fight to the end of the game. Good for them. Even Stoops admitted that we never get any breaks at the end of games.

How about develop a good offense to go along with our stellar defense and then we can out score our opponent instead of grinding it out to keep the other offense off the field that said ecstatic about our win today they don't come too often on the road

With Stoops, you live with the bad losses and the occasional great wins. That’s life in the SEC I guess.
Fact. You win some, you lose some. Gotta judge the body of work and not get too excited or down on staff over any single game. Carolina game was trash... so throw it away. Same time, this win wouldn't save losing out the season.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Big win. Big cajones with that call. Hats off to you Coach.
Crazy he went for that from the 20 w plenty of time to get the ball back and a shot even with holding them to a field goal but wouldn’t go for it on his own side of the 50 to win against Georgia

Fact. You win some, you lose some. Gotta judge the body of work and not get too excited or down on staff over any single game. Carolina game was trash... so throw it away. Same time, this win wouldn't save losing out the season.
SC appears to be pretty good. It was definitely the worst performance I’d had seen from Stoops teams in a long time though. They came back strong,

I’ve been ok with stoops since day 1. It’s Brad white I have a huge problem with
Defense has been the reason UK is what they are. We've consistently been good on that side of the ball.

Right now UK is a top-10 scoring defense in the country, and that's with the embarrassing USCjr. game.

Crazy he went for that from the 20 w plenty of time to get the ball back and a shot even with holding them to a field goal but wouldn’t go for it on his own side of the 50 to win against Georgia
Admittedly I said watch stoops be stupid here and go for it when he should punt, but boy I will gladly eat crow on that.

Reactions: The-Hack
Typical Kentucky fans. Basketball is their thing. Football not so much
Sure as hell not this fan.

Look at the names of people you see posting regularly on Rafters, and the only time they’re on here is when we’re losing. Then when Kentucky is winning, they are nowhere to be found. There were some early in the game thread, but vapor when we were doing well.

Played two of the best teams in the country. Lost to one by 1, beat the other by 3.

We have the team and talent to be in and win those types of games. Have the defense and special teams.

Need the offense to pick it up. They seem to be improving slowly but surely. Run game is solid with two qbs and two rbs who can move the chains. Passing game actually made some nice plays and literally saved the day today.

Said in another thread last week that if we had even a mediocre offense we'd be undefeated. I stand by that, and think we may be trending in a direction to where the offense is just good enough to compliment the defense, move chains, make a play or two when needed down the stretch.

I think SC was the fluke accident...not the uga game or ole miss game. We'll chalk it up to Hamdan and BVs first real deal SEC rodeo.

Vanderbilt, Auburn, UF all beatable. Could catch a little run via the momentum of that kind of win.

If Stoops sticks around I hope this game/decision gives him the cajones to go for it more often than not moving forward.

Happy about the win and perhaps it saved our season and will lead us to another bowl.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Stoops has taken a lot of criticism this year, and much of it was deserved; however, he deserves a ton of credit for today. this was a stoops masterpiece and they executed the gameplan to perfection. there won't be another time all year that that offense is held in check like it was today.

If you complain about white STILL, you just need to stop watching. Hes a top 5 dc maybe fop 3.
Yeah…. No. It’s the little things. He’s conservative when he shouldn’t be. And aggressive when he shouldn’t be. He about cost us today. Dumb blitz on 4 and 7. Those are the things that I can’t stand about him. You can disagree all you want. It’s what I believe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT