ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman says Drew will be first (and likely only) call

Drew is the only name I'm really not thrilled about. At all. That said, at least he'll prioritize winning, so it's still an upgrade.
Agree

Since the 2007-08 season, Drew has taken the Bears to 11 NCAA Tournament appearances, five Sweet Sixteens, three Elite Eights, and the 2021 National Championship

Reactions: TM2013 and GoCats53
Was I asleep when Billy G won a national title?
No, but you will definitely never see him win another one. He won during the Covid year when all the blue bloods were down. Would much rather have Cal in this scenario.

No, but you will definitely never see him win another one. He won during the Covid year when all the blue bloods were down. Would much rather have Cal in this scenario.
Let me clear, I don’t want Drew. But his 2021 Baylor team was a legit national champion. They had it all. And were it not for Covid they might have won it in 2020 too.

I have a silly question

What the heck does "first and only call even mean" haha. What if Drew doesn't want to come? Are we just roll into the season without a coach lol.

Wouldn't you call EVERYONE. Interview EVERYONE and then see who the most qualified and impressive person is? Like any other job? lol

What job in America do u just focus on ONE PERSON

While I have defended Drew's accomplishment at Baylor, I do not think he would be a good fit at UK.

Reactions: JimBR
Don’t take anything Goodman says with any weight. He’s perpetually lying to get clicks to his little site

Yea, I’m sure Goodman knows when Mitch doesn’t even know yet. 😂😂😂

Drew has 8 double digit loss seasons the last 12 seasons. Hard pass for me.

Playing in the Big12 that would tend to happen.

I really think we need to move away from the double digit loss stuff. If you are in a tough conference, you could have a really good team and STILL have double digit losses.

Baylor had 11 losses this season but was also a 3 seed.
Last season 11 losses but also a 3 seed.
Three 1 seeds the three seasons before that (or projected 1 seed in the COVID year)

I don't want Drew but that's consistently good for the past five years. I feel like that's where Cal failed here. It was too much of a hit and miss. We had some really really good teams but the poor teams we had brought the odds of a title down drastically. I want someone that gets us 1,2 or 3 seeds most years.

Reactions: KYExtemper
It’s possible Drew is going to get job Mitch & him are bible buddies
I think that’s why he didn’t take Louisville

Reactions: WildcatNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT