ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga to the Big XII?

landscapes changing…..NCAA is losing control of power conferences which could eventually eliminate play between lower conferences like WCC. NIL changing recruiting.

I’d take more losses in conferences instead of watching Zags 32nd STRAIGHT win against Pepperdine!

If Zags don’t change afraid we’ll be left behind.

Reactions: Smashcat
Sure like our chances. Recruiting would also get better.

West Virginia has never beat the Zags in 5 tries dating to 2012 (https://wvusports.com/sports/mens-ba...-university/93). The last season we played them, we also beat Kansas and Oklahoma, only losing to Baylor in the title game. We were 3-1 in the Big XII that year, and 8-1 against P5 schools (9-1 if you include the Big East).

Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...-schedule.html
Gonzage will finally have to play a real basketball schedule. The Zags will no longer have 20 softies on their schedule.

I think Gonzaga to the big12 helps us. They’re not going to dominate that conference and essentially lock up a 1 seed at the start of the season every year but they’re good enough, along with baylor now, to keep Kansas from doing it as well.

That’s 2 1 seeds that are all but spoken for every season back on the table for the rest of cbb.

Reactions: kl40504
Meanwhile SDSU to Pac 12.

Strike that.

Last edited:
Not sure why some of you are convinced this would automatically take them out of the running for a 1 seed. They won’t go undefeated in the Big 12, but they won’t have to. That’s actually been a strong basketball conference recently, with both Baylor and Kansas earning 1 seeds out of it and most other teams producing a tournament quality squad at some point in recent memory. I’d say this is potentially a good move for everyone involved.

Of course Oklahoma should want to join the SEC. They want to play the best each week, not win a weak confefence

Of course Zags shouldn’t want to join the B12. They don’t want to play the best each week, when they could win a weak conference

:SEC fans^

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT