ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga Pre-Game Presser (Burks/Bradshaw)

Nice presence.

Was it Joe B who began the practice of getting the players ready for dealing with the media?

I could be wrong, but wasn’t Liggins a decent three-point shooter I can’t remember
Liggins could drive to the basket a bit, too. He sunk a few critical threes in our 2011 NCAAT run, particularly a sweet trey against UNC. He was an opportunistic scorer.

Definitely earned his keep being a lock down defender. Lamb and Knight were the only ones on that squad we consistently trusted to hit threes iirc.

I could be wrong, but wasn’t Liggins a decent three-point shooter I can’t remember
Liggins could drive to the basket a bit, too. He sunk a few critical threes in our 2011 NCAAT run, particularly a sweet trey against UNC. He was an opportunistic scorer.

Definitely earned his keep being a lock down defender. Lamb and Knight were the only ones on that squad we consistently trusted to hit threes iirc.

Not when he first arrived, no- he became a respectable one. His freshman year at UK he shot 23% from 3FG and averaged 4 PPG.

But he played nearly half the game anyways because of his defense.

Would love Burks to get 10-15 MPG as a balls-to-the-wall defender and energy guy.

Not when he first arrived, no- he became a respectable one. His freshman year at UK he shot 23% from 3FG and averaged 4 PPG.

Would love Burks to get 10-15 MPG as a balls-to-the-wall defender and energy guy.
I love Burks but if he’s getting 10-15 the rest of this year we aren’t winning anything. Not that it’s likely we do anyway I guess lol

I love Burks but if he’s getting 10-15 the rest of this year we aren’t winning anything. Not that it’s likely we do anyway I guess lol

Why though?

Our offense won't suffer, we have offensive studs literally everywhere else on the floor, and/or some of those dudes don't bring it offensively some nights (Bradshaw, Mitchell, etc.)

Our rebounding won't suffer, he has proven that.

Our defense can and will only improve when he is on the floor (it can't get worse).

So why?

Why though?

Our offense won't suffer, we have offensive studs literally everywhere else on the floor, and/or some of those dudes don't bring it offensively some nights (Bradshaw, Mitchell, etc.)

Our rebounding won't suffer, he has proven that.

Our defense can and will only improve when he is on the floor (it can't get worse).

So why?
Our offense can and will suffer if he's getting that many minutes consistently. Before Vandy everytime he touched the ball he looked like he was going to travel (I think he did get called for one against vandy as well). If guys are out or need breathers sure but he looked pretty terrible until we played a horrific Vandy team.

Reactions: NociHTTP

We need to try it. Our only chance at turning this defense around is to swarm like bees. We can’t do it with Mitchell on the court. Need more Thiero and Burks.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Our offense can and will suffer if he's getting that many minutes consistently. Before Vandy everytime he touched the ball he looked like he was going to travel (I think he did get called for one against vandy as well). If guys are out or need breathers sure but he looked pretty terrible until we played a horrific Vandy team.
Huh. I thought you were describing Edwards. Especially in your last sentence.

Huh. I thought you were describing Edwards. Especially in your last sentence.
Recency bias to think Burks is about to be a major contributor. No clue why you brought up Edwards, he’s also had one good game against the same terrible vandy team.

Burks played some amazing minutes for us especially when we had no big men.

I've never seen this board hype up a guy like Burks after Vandy. A lot of players had a good game last game, including the boards whipping boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT