ADVERTISEMENT

Gold Standard... Again

struggler

Sophomore
Jan 23, 2013
1. Fans are part of the problem and have to be more committed and involved in the hype. Big Blue Madness needs to be hype again. Fans need to do better. Oh and it will cost more $$.

2. Facilities are part of the problem and UK has to be more committed and involved to improve them. Oh and it will cost more $$.

3. Attitudes about NBA draft day and kids not playing but rather using UK need to improve - don't be mean to the "kids", handlers, parents and certainly not the coach, all who lied for months. Your word and accountability are for losers.

Gold Standard = Hype and Shiny new objects to distract from an actual Gold Standard of say... winning conference seasons, conference tournaments and NCAA games, dominating competition, maintaining/building on historical records, maintaining/building on decades long records. Tradition is outdated/overrated. Gold Standard is your responsibility not the head coach's. Gold Standard is all about image vs results. Gold Standard is players first/NBA draft and UK is an afterthought. AND - it's about costing someone else more $$ - always. Coaching, maintaining high level standards and winning are not the problem... the problem is other stuff.

He's lost, at minimum, a decent percentage of the fanbase and he is going back to his tired bag of tricks to try to fix it. Talk, throw other peoples money at it ("why not if they're dumb enough to keep throwing money at it - hell I am making 9-10 M a year with the results I've had - LOL!"), and of course blame anything/anyone other than himself. So over this guy.

Last edited:
I'd ask what in the hell you are talking about if I thought that would elicit a coherent response.

I'm guessing this is your interpretation of some Calipari interview. Something tells me I shouldn't put too much weight in this version.

I'd ask what in the hell you are talking about if I thought that would elicit a coherent response.

I'm guessing this is your interpretation of some Calipari interview. Something tells me I shouldn't put too much weight in this version.
Oh come on man. You're supposed to be intelligent from what I gather. You know what he meant. You may not agree with him and are seeking to ridicule him, but you know what he meant. No need to be coy. Just say you are firmly attached to Cal's left teet.

op if your gonna post something atleast be truthful....NO. 1, he never said any of that that is you making crap up, all he said was he hope the camp out is back this year for big blue madness. NO 2, all he said there was he would like to see an upgrade on some of the facilities to keep ahead of other programs. NO 3, i dont know what the hell your talking about there....your just going off on your own. you need to get another life or learn how to read and post truthful post

Last edited:

Except he's right and deep down you know he is!

Last edited:
Reactions: struggler
How about he take a pay cut to help pay for all these new facilities, and how about he become more committed to winning N.C.'s
1. Fans are part of the problem and have to be more committed and involved in the hype. Big Blue Madness needs to be hype again. Fans need to do better. Oh and it will cost more $$.

2. Facilities are part of the problem and UK has to be more committed and involved to improve them. Oh and it will cost more $$.

3. Attitudes about NBA draft day and kids not playing but rather using UK need to improve - don't be mean to the "kids", handlers, parents and certainly not the coach, all who lied for months. Your word and accountability are for losers.

Gold Standard = Hype and Shiny new objects to distract from an actual Gold Standard of say... winning conference seasons, conference tournaments and NCAA games, dominating competition, maintaining/building on historical records, maintaining/building on decades long records. Tradition is outdated/overrated. Gold Standard is your responsibility not the head coach's. Gold Standard is all about image vs results. AND - it's about costing someone else more $$ - always. Coaching, maintaining high level standards and winning are not the problem... the problem is other stuff.

He's lost, at minimum, a decent percentage of the fanbase and he is going back to his tired bag of tricks to try to fix it. Talk, throw money at it ("why not if they're dumb enough to keep throwing money at it - hell I am making 9-10 M a year with the results I've had - LOL!"), and of course blame anything/anyone other than himself. So over this guy.
c

Reactions: ukBBrulez
No matter how you want to spin Cal's comments to the positive or negative....point is....facilities aren't the new world to attract players. It's NIL, NIL and more NIL. So get the resources to pay kids and the current Craft center is just fine.

There is zero reason to blow more money on freaking facilities...you need a freaking multi functional basketball court which we clearly have in spades. Any extra money should be used to pour into NIL deals to buy players for as many years as you can.

No matter how you want to spin Cal's comments to the positive or negative....point is....facilities aren't the new world to attract players. It's NIL, NIL and more NIL. So get the resources to pay kids and the current Craft center is just fine.

There is zero reason to blow more money on freaking facilities...you need a freaking multi functional basketball court which we clearly have in spades. Any extra money should be used to pour into NIL deals to buy players for as many years as you can.
Man this is depressing when you really think about it.

College basketball is dead man walking...it just doesn't know it yet.

Man this is depressing when you really think about it.

College basketball is dead man walking...it just doesn't know it yet.
College football is dealing with the same NIL landscape with even bigger numbers. Difference is that at least those football players stick around more than five minutes (or less).
For example....At the beginning of last season I was listening to one of the first UK games in my car because I was out of town. As the game was being announced I couldn't tell which players names were UK's and which were from the other team. That is not good for building fan loyalty.

College football is dealing with the same NIL landscape with even bigger numbers. Difference is that at least those football players stick around more than five minutes (or less).
For example....At the beginning of last season I was listening to one of the first UK games in my car because I was out of town. As the game was being announced I couldn't tell which players names were UK's and which were from the other team. That is not good for building fan loyalty.
This^. It's a perfect storm: lifetime contract, 2020 tourney cancelled, 9-16, St Pete's (after what looked like a monster team in January), constant player turnover, whatever the Samhill NIL gonna do to it, and last but not least the Sharpe fiasco.

Exactly. Current facilities are top notch already. And I'm sure just fine to suffer through for a few months for kids. I'll pray for their hardships though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT