ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Super regional

Oh boy. Haven't they won about 40 games?
Oregon State and UC Irvine are both about 44 or 45 and 12 losses. Both are CWS types of teams and both have been to CWS many times. Oregon state is the 15 seed to our 2 seed and UCIrvine is not seeded. I checked RPI and seems like Oregon State is like 16th and we are 2nd or 3rd in RPI. Not sure about KPI.

Oregon State and UC Irvine are both about 44 or 45 and 12 losses. Both are CWS types of teams and both have been to CWS many times. Oregon state is the 15 seed to our 2 seed and UCIrvine is not seeded. I checked RPI and seems like Oregon State is like 16th and we are 2nd or 3rd in RPI. Not sure about KPI.
They have to fly in from the west coast. We just need to have a bunch of noon games.

Oh boy. Haven't they won about 40 games?
43-14 is their current record.

This will be Kentucky's 3rd trip to the Super Regionals and two in a row. First Time to Host. Last year Kentucky ran into a buzzsaw in the Baton Rouge Super Regional 14-0 loss to eventual National Champ LSU.

Kentucky is a favorite to advance to Omaha for the first time in school history.

Does anyone know when the times get announced?
Not until the Corvallis Regional is over, last nights game was suspended. They will finish it today. UC Irvine trails Oregon State 6-4 in the 5th inning.

If UC Irvine comes back to win, they will force a 5th and final game this evening. Winner comes to Lexington.

There wouldn't be any times given until the final game is played.

Last edited:
Not until the Corvallis Regional is over, last nights game was suspended. They will finish it today. UC Irvine trails Oregon State 6-4 in the 5th inning.

If UC Irvine comes back to win, they will force a 5th and final game this evening. Winner comes to Lexington.

What would be the range? Like either Friday night or Saturday afternoon?

Let's hope for an Anteater comeback to force a game 5. A tired winner would help.

What would be the range? Like either Friday night or Saturday afternoon?
Hard to Say. The games will be on Friday\Sunday or Thursday\Saturday. I have a feeling they will give us Friday\Sunday, but who knows.

This will be a First to 2 - is the winner. If it's a tie, it would go to a 3rd and Final Game.

Winner advances to Omaha.

So glad we are at home.

Last edited:
I'm a baseball umpire, and I can tell you it will all depend on the pitching. IMO there is no more important position in all of sports. Even more than the QB in football and goalie in hockey.
Pitching and timely and correct moves from Nick. He has hurt us a time or two this year pulling pitchers a few batters too late. Hurt at South Carolina and Kennesaw St (if I recall correctly).

So if LSU beats NC, the 2nd highest seed on TN's side of the bracket will be #8 FSU. They'll be in cruise mode to the CWS final series. NOT AT ALL HAPPY. :mad:

So if LSU beats NC, the 2nd highest seed on TN's side of the bracket will be #8 FSU. They'll be in cruise mode to the CWS final series. NOT AT ALL HAPPY. :mad:
If UK had been the 1 seed, they would not have received that draw. Heck LSU probably would have gotten the 16 seed to set up a rematch!

Reactions: RogerIndy
SEC has 5, maybe 6, of sweet 16 from starting with 11. That's bout half of them advancing either way, and 31%+. Started with 11 of 64 or like 17%. So SEC didn't get too many teams in tourney given they've outperformed their numbers so far.

SEC has 5, maybe 6, of sweet 16 from starting with 11. That's bout half of them advancing either way, and 31%+. Started with 11 of 64 or like 17%. So SEC didn't get too many teams in tourney given they've outperformed their numbers so far.

It's like when the football playoff is going to 14 n 2026. The people are bitching because the sec and big 10 want a guaranteed 3 teams each. That's a bargain IMO. I'd ask for 4 each minimum guaranteed.

Sec is such a dominant conference overall throughout most, if not all, sports.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Oregon State is obviously good. What stands out to me is they are 9-10 on the road this season (they were 27-2 at home). We are 17-5 on the road this year.

They beat Oklahoma State way back in February, split with Oregon (2-2) who is in the Supers, and won 2 of 3 from Arizona (although we saw the Wildcats were probably a little overrated.

The Pac-12 isn't the SEC obviously ... and playing at home should a good boost for Kentucky.

It's like when the football playoff is going to 14 n 2026. The people are bitching because the sec and big 10 want a guaranteed 3 teams each. That's a bargain IMO. I'd ask for 4 each minimum guaranteed.

Sec is such a dominant conference overall throughout most, if not all, sports.
SEC doesn't do well in hockey.

Games are SOLD OUT! Only thing left will be resale tickets. Bet it won’t be cheap! Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT