ADVERTISEMENT

Going back a bit, whatever happened JR Braddy (90-93)...

Nehemiah if you’re kin.

Poem - Chance of a Lifetime, by Junior Braddy

• Every child in America dreams of of becoming someone famous or just doing something special that sets you apart from the rest of the world. It is impossible not to dream. Every time we go to sleep at night or just daydream in class, we enter another world where no goal or achievement is impossible. Most of us wake up, but a select few dream on until one day they realize that their dream has come true.
    Fifteen people share the same dream, with each person striving to make that dream come true, but knowing that with one mishap or twist of fate you can be rudely awakened never to dream that dream again. But with determination and hard work we can dream on, unitl truly we become one of the select few on this earth.
    We have the chance of a lifetime. And I believe that we can do it. Not by might, or by power, but by faith. And I do believe.

Looks like he works in the sod business and recently had a gofundme for a 2nd hip replacement. Here he is with some old teammates. He's in the backwards hat.

370531003_6888860201132377_2743997330432920998_n.jpg

Looks like he works in the sod business and recently had a gofundme for a 2nd hip replacement. Here he is with some old teammates. He's in the backwards hat.

370531003_6888860201132377_2743997330432920998_n.jpg
Bottom Row: Junior Braddy, Santa Claus, some random kid

Top Row: Gimel Martinez, Jared Prickett, Santa’s hat is in the way, Todd Svoboda, Dale Brown, Andre Riddick, Jeff Brassow, and my apologies dude I have no idea who you are.

My best guess anyway.

Bottom Row: Junior Braddy, Santa Claus, some random kid

Top Row: Gimel Martinez, Jared Prickett, Santa’s hat is in the way, Todd Svoboda, Dale Brown, Andre Riddick, Jeff Brassow, and my apologies dude I have no idea who you are.

My best guess anyway.

That’s Rodney Dent behind Santa’s hat. Great to see him. When I worked at the Hamburg liquor barn during college, I used to see Rodney, Jim Andrews, and Ed Davender quite a bit. All great guys. “Moon” is a gentle giant. That’s a great pic, it’s nice to see guys who haven’t been around the program in a while like Riddick and Brassow.

Back to Braddy… dude was a great athlete. Played baseball at UK too.

I played in a pickup game at Seaton Center. Brady was on my team, Todd Swaboda on the other team. I threw Braddy an alley-oop pass for dunk, and on another play I started to take a charge from Swaboda but damn he was big so I smartly stepped aside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT