ADVERTISEMENT

Go Support The Bat Cats!

Mar 7, 2022
UK Baseball hosts the final 3 games of the regular season this weekend starting today at Kentucky Proud Park. It has a 3 game series with Vanderbilt. If the Cats take 2 of 3 against Vandy, they could clinch the SEC regular Season Championship outright and more than likely the NCAA Tournament overall #1 Seed. If they do get a top 8 seed, they will host a regional and if the Cats get out of the Regional, they will host a Super Regional with the Champion going to Omaha for the College World Series!

UK has added bleachers out behind left field.... let's pack the place this weekend!

The Cats were picked to finish 5th preseason in the SEC East.

Coach Mingione is pretty much a lock for Coach of the Year at this point.

They're ranked #2 in the nation, right behind #1 Tennessee.

Yes but the Bat Cats are #1 in the RPI by a wide margin. They have like 18 wins against the RPI top 50 or something and the next closest (Tennessee) only has 13.

I’m pretty sure they only have to win 1/3 this weekend to claim a share of the SEC title but sure would be nice to get at least 2/3 and win it outright!

It baffles me that they don't sell their nike pinstripe uniforms. I've looked everywhere for them lol Fanatics has a generic one but it's not the good one.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
It baffles me that they don't sell their nike pinstripe uniforms. I've looked everywhere for them lol Fanatics has a generic one but it's not the good one.

I can’t find the American flag UK hats either. Anyone know where to get them?

Reactions: trueblujr2
I can’t find the American flag UK hats either. Anyone know where to get them?
This is the closest I could find..

This is the closest I could find..

Those are hideous lol. Looks like something Hyman Roth would wear at Del Boca Vista.

Reactions: trueblujr2
Yes but the Bat Cats are #1 in the RPI by a wide margin. They have like 18 wins against the RPI top 50 or something and the next closest (Tennessee) only has 13.

I’m pretty sure they only have to win 1/3 this weekend to claim a share of the SEC title but sure would be nice to get at least 2/3 and win it outright!
Depends on what Arkansas and Tennessee do. If we sweep, we win the title outright no matter what the other two teams do. If we win two of 3, we are assured of at least a shared title and possibly outright if neither UT or Arky sweep their series. Win only 1, and we're leaving a lot to chance.

Usually that’s new era .. or Nike
They're Nike. I got someone from the UK baseball account to reply to me on Twitter (before deleting minutes later) telling me that all decisions on products to sell are made by Nike rather than UK. It's incredible that we continue to have the absolute worst public gear options in the country, all while having some of the most beautiful uniforms and hats in the game.

They have to put those hats they’re wearing tonight on the market. I’d buy three at least, especially if they came in black and white versions also.

Disappointing crowd for a game that claims at least a share of the SEC regular season title. Weather? PGA?
I agree with this. Our crowds against UT and Arkansas were great, but much lower numbers this weekend. Friday's crowd, however, was spirited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT