ADVERTISEMENT

GM/NIL handler

Cal would've excelled at it. All he had to do was step aside and take a role like that. Ego got in the way.
Yeah it’s actually a position he would have been good at if he hadnt burnt so many bridges here already w the money ppl.

He didn’t want it while coach bc he wanted to be the King and centralized ruler of UK basketballl operations. A position like that is decentralizing power.

Cal would've excelled at it. All he had to do was step aside and take a role like that. Ego got in the way.
Exactly, he would have crushed that role to market the program. I honestly hoped he would transition into that role. It just shows how bad that contract actually was, that he had the ability to do it and choose to leave.

Reactions: BigKari
UK needs something like a top flite money manager from around the Lexington area, to oversee the millions in NIL donations...............

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah it’s actually a position he would have been good at if he hadnt burnt so many bridges here already w the money ppl.

He didn’t want it while coach bc he wanted to be the King and centralized ruler of UK basketballl operations. A position like that is decentralizing power.
I have to disagree. That position requires schmoozing donors to get the funds. Calipari pissed every big money donor we had off. That position also requires analytics to determine pie break up of funds to maximize our roster. Cal didn’t realize Oakland would play Zone. Lol. He’s definitely NOT an analyst.

Our NIL/GM guy doesn’t seem to care about the top portal guys or recruits. I hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with one of these lower ranked guys.
By most reporting Fox will be in this role for Pope. Calipari didn’t have a NIL guy. Who are you referring to when you say our NIL/GM guy???

Thomas Beisner was doing the role but left for UNC. We need someone working under that specific title moving forward.
TJ was just vetting NIL deals that came in. All NIL goes thru the University to be screened. I don’t think that’s what Pope is talking about. He wants a GM over managing the funds the collective produces. A fund raiser and analyst to divvy up the pie to maximize our roster. TJ just checked out the deals that came in to ensure they didn’t break rules.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT